Democrats want to shut the govt down.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
The Senate is currently voting to table the House spending bill that would allow the govt to remain open and continue functioning.

I guess the Democrats want the shut down in hopes that they can blame it on Republicans despite the fact that it is them that is doing it as we speak.

The Senate is currently voting to table the House spending bill that would allow the govt to remain open and continue functioning.

I guess the Democrats want the shut down in hopes that they can blame it on Republicans despite the fact that it is them that is doing it as we speak.

Had to dust this one off.

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture3749-110527beelertoon-c20110527010844.jpg

• Banned
The Republican bill strips money from green energy projects to pay for the bill and include more disaster relief. Shame on the Republicans for trying to be responsible.....

I mean we all love Obamas stellar track record when it comes to spending money on green energy.

Jeeze. I thought the Reps were the obstructioinist party.

Just how many bills are gathering dust on Reids big assed desk?

Mayby he should get a bigger desk??

• Banned
Jeeze. I thought the Reps were the obstructioinist party.

Just how many bills are gathering dust on Reids big assed desk?

Mayby he should get a bigger desk??

He has an entire file cabinet full of bills. Oddly enough they are filed under R for Responsible legislation.

You old-farts spend too-much-time watching soap-operas.

handjob.gif

"House leaders had hoped to pass the short-term funding bill without the strife that had characterized recent debates, which they knew would erode financial markets’ confidence and spark further disgust among voters. They would do it by agreeing to set spending in the bill at a rate of $1.043 trillion for the year, the amount set in the rancorous August deal to raise the nation’s debt ceiling.

But that plan ran headlong into the political realities of their divided chamber — as well as a congressional calendar that provides for a week-long recess starting Friday so that Jewish lawmakers can observe their holidays next week.

Democrats, stung by accusations that they had made too many concessions in the debt fight during the summer, stood unified against the measure over a Republican decision to pair $3.65 billion in funding for disaster relief with a $1.5 billion spending cut to the the Advanced Technology Vehicle Manufacturing program, which offers loans to car companies to encourage the production of energy-efficient cars. That particular cut was anathema to many Democrats, who argued that the loan program has generated tens of thousands of jobs."

The Republican bill strips money from green energy projects to pay for the bill and include more disaster relief. Shame on the Republicans for trying to be responsible.....

I mean we all love Obamas stellar track record when it comes to spending money on green energy.
.....And, KILLING Obamas efforts to create MORE JOBS (in the auto-industry) is merely icing on Republicans' Stars-And-Bars cake!!!!

Dereks_cake.jpg

Time to end Pubs holding the country (and world) hostage for their no compromise, un-American (Time) STUPID ideology and electioneering...

I'd respond to you with something more substantive, but I learned a long time ago that you can't fix stupid.

Jeeze. I thought the Reps were the obstructioinist party

You see the way it works is when the Republicans vote down a bill the Democrats send them, the Republicans are obstructing. When the Democrats vote down a bill the Republicans send them, the Republicans are still obstructing. You have to understand the mindset of the far left which is steeped in lies, deceit, and manipulation.

You see the way it works is when the Republicans vote down a bill the Democrats send them, the Republicans are obstructing. When the Democrats vote down a bill the Republicans send them, the Republicans are still obstructing. You have to understand the mindset of the far left which is steeped in lies, deceit, and manipulation.

Hell they don't even read em. Reid just stacks them on his desk

Wonder if any of the oh so smart lefties on this board fathom that??

He definetly will be needing a bigger desk.

Dear Partisan Shill (named Dont Taz Me Bro),

You sound foolish when you state that only one side has all the answers or does all the lying.

The fact is, politics is a cutthroat game. Case and point? The Healthcare Bill. Obama wanted to pass it. Republicans tried to outvote it ...and the Bill passed through no other mechanism than brute force (having the most votes).

That's the way politics works. How do we apply that to this bill?

Democrats have the upper hand on a bill? The Republicans try to eek out the best, most ball-busting option they have. "If it has to pass, then don't just get budget cuts....get budget cuts that fuck Obama over by destroying jobs!"

At the end of the day, Republicans are just thinking "if we can just defeat Obama, then we can get the power back and do good things for the country. Doesn't matter how we do it."

So no, Republicans aren't the only obstructionists. They happen to be the current obstructionists.

Dear Partisan Shill (named Dont Taz Me Bro),

You sound foolish when you state that only one side has all the answers or does all the lying.

The fact is, politics is a cutthroat game. Case and point? The Healthcare Bill. Obama wanted to pass it. Republicans tried to outvote it ...and the Bill passed through no other mechanism than brute force (having the most votes).

That's the way politics works. How do we apply that to this bill?

Democrats have the upper hand on a bill? The Republicans try to eek out the best, most ball-busting option they have. "If it has to pass, then don't just get budget cuts....get budget cuts that fuck Obama over by destroying jobs!"

At the end of the day, Republicans are just thinking "if we can just defeat Obama, then we can get the power back and do good things for the country. Doesn't matter how we do it."

So no, Republicans aren't the only obstructionists. They happen to be the current obstructionists.

The healthcare law passed because Obama bought votes.

Forum List

Back