DEMOCRATS: Van Jones absolutely NAILS it on CNN

Why is the Democratic Party such a wreck right now? Much of it is what I've seen saying since I've been on this board: This ridiculous, counterproductive dependence on PC and Identity Politics. Not ONLY did it feed the frustration and anger that brought us the former guy, it ALSO simply doesn't work as well on minorities any more.

Will Democrats take note? I doubt it.

Um, okay, this is the kind of stupid shit we've heard from Republican Lite since 1993.

If we just act more like Republicans, white people will love us again!

The reason why minorities don't feel the sting of racism is because Democrats spent the last 50 years fighting it. Just like the dumber than shit white working class keeps voting against their own economic interests because most of the big fights onworkers rights were fought and won 90 years ago.

Republicans are taking the easy route... find someone to demonize, this week it's LGBTQ people, make your hate sound OH SO REASONABLE, and then get people worked up about it.

Standing up for the right thing is difficult, but it's still the correct path. In 50 years, people will look back at these homophobes and transphobes the way we look back at the Klan.

Standing up for the right thing is difficult, but it's still the correct path. In 50 years, people will look back at these homophobes and transphobes the way we look back at the Klan.

Maybe. Or, in 50 years, people will look back and wonder why Democrats were fixated on gender dysphoria - while America was descending into fascism.

Um, okay, this is the kind of stupid shit we've heard from Republican Lite since 1993.

If we just act more like Republicans, white people will love us again!

The reason why minorities don't feel the sting of racism is because Democrats spent the last 50 years fighting it. Just like the dumber than shit white working class keeps voting against their own economic interests because most of the big fights onworkers rights were fought and won 90 years ago.

Republicans are taking the easy route... find someone to demonize, this week it's LGBTQ people, make your hate sound OH SO REASONABLE, and then get people worked up about it.

So you disparage people of faith who object to their sick agenda?

it tells you just how far the dnc has come, and just how much the demafasict have take over when someone like Van Jones is the voice of reason for the party

OP: ' go to church a lot'....and that's the collective IQ that legally voted in the current Catholic puppet. Faith is passe. It has been overtaken by knowledge.

Maybe. Or, in 50 years, people will look back and wonder why Democrats were fixated on gender dysphoria - while America was descending into fascism.
It's the fascists fixated on gender dysphoria as a distraction for their attempts at over throwing democracy.

The only people I see fixated on gender dysphoria are the right. They way tell it, there's an army of drag queens out there ready to spirit your children away.

So you disparage people of faith who object to their sick agenda?

Yes, if you are hating on people because an imaginary fairy in the sky tells you to, you are beyond stupid.

Some day, we'll get over our fear of death and stop needing sky pixies.

This blew my mind to the point where I stopped it, rewound it and transcribed it.

vanjones.jpg

Why is the Democratic Party such a wreck right now? Much of it is what I've seen saying since I've been on this board: This ridiculous, counterproductive dependence on PC and Identity Politics. Not ONLY did it feed the frustration and anger that brought us the former guy, it ALSO simply doesn't work as well on minorities any more.

Van Jones, this morning, on CNN:

MAGA are moving right on culture -- you know, CRT is bad, trans is bad, parents' rights -- so they're marketing their right wing move on culture really well. But they're also moving left on economics -- MAGA sounds like Bernie Sanders when they're talking about American tariffs, talking about American jobs, the way they're going after big tech companies. And so by moving left on economics and right on culture, that's appealing to working class voters, including black and brown voters. Democrats don't see this coming. They've over-reacted on the cultural moves, under-reacted on economic appeal, and you're seeing it pay off for MAGA. So this is a very important moment.

If Democrats want working class black and working class Latino voters, we're gonna have to change our strategy and respond to the MAGA threat. Listen, we're in danger of becoming the party of the very high and the very low. If you pull out the working class, you have people who are very well educated and very well off. Those people talk funny -- LatinX? I've never met a LatinX, I've never met a BIPOC (?), this weird stuff that highly-educated people say. Nobody talks that way in the barber shop, the nail salon, the grocery store, the community center. But that's how we talk now. That's WEIRD. And the people who are very low down on the economic ladder need a bunch of stuff. You wind up over promising -- oh, we're gonna give you reparations -- to the people at the bottom of the economic ladder, talking weird to appeal to the people at the top of the economic ladder, and the working class walks away from you. That is the data we're facing.

And there is a penalty you pay if you don't go along with the normal narrative. The normal narrative in America has been, all black and brown people hate racists, all Republicans are racist, so all black and brown people are gonna vote for Democrats. All of that doesn't make sense in the real world. All Republicans are not racist, and Republican appeals are not just racial, some of them are economic, some of them are cultural, and all black and brown folks are not liberals.

Listen, black and brown folks go to church A LOT. You want black churchgoers and Latin Catholics to vote for Democrats, you to do things that show that maybe you get those issues. Which are primarily economic issues, family issues, bread & butter issues. And if you're gonna talk about the cultural issues, you have to talk about them in a way that's gonna resonate with a working mom or a working dad, and not just folks who went to college.

Will Democrats take note? I doubt it.
Oh, yes!

Mr. Jones was also very frank the night that The Donald won in November, 2016.

He referred to The Donald's victory as a "Whitelash."

I guess that he meant a lot of Americans had become fed up with all the violence during the previous eight years.

The DNC chairman is black and the VP is black. Dumbass
If you are smart you must realize that the Democrat Party is controlled by a small number of plutocrats.

These guys demand 1) a low birth rate 2) racial conflict 3) sympathy for Communist dictators 4) hatred for Christians.

Unless you are a decadent Jewish billionaire I don’t see any reason to support these men.

Last edited:
Oh, yes!

Mr. Jones was also very frank the night that The Donald won in November, 2016.

He referred to The Donald's victory as a "Whitelash."

I guess that he meant a lot of Americans had become fed up with all the violence during the previous eight years.
Jones has to serve the Democrat agenda sometimes if he wants to get on TV.

Ranked Choice Voting
It would be the ultimate indictment of the duopoly. They hate the idea of actually having to do something worthwhile.

They love the idea of us versus them. They love the idea of choose your poison.

Rank choice voting would kick them the fuck out and they know it.

Forum List

Back