DEMOCRATS: Van Jones absolutely NAILS it on CNN

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
This blew my mind to the point where I stopped it, rewound it and transcribed it.

vanjones.jpg

Why is the Democratic Party such a wreck right now? Much of it is what I've seen saying since I've been on this board: This ridiculous, counterproductive dependence on PC and Identity Politics. Not ONLY did it feed the frustration and anger that brought us the former guy, it ALSO simply doesn't work as well on minorities any more.

Van Jones, this morning, on CNN:

MAGA are moving right on culture -- you know, CRT is bad, trans is bad, parents' rights -- so they're marketing their right wing move on culture really well. But they're also moving left on economics -- MAGA sounds like Bernie Sanders when they're talking about American tariffs, talking about American jobs, the way they're going after big tech companies. And so by moving left on economics and right on culture, that's appealing to working class voters, including black and brown voters. Democrats don't see this coming. They've over-reacted on the cultural moves, under-reacted on economic appeal, and you're seeing it pay off for MAGA. So this is a very important moment.

If Democrats want working class black and working class Latino voters, we're gonna have to change our strategy and respond to the MAGA threat. Listen, we're in danger of becoming the party of the very high and the very low. If you pull out the working class, you have people who are very well educated and very well off. Those people talk funny -- LatinX? I've never met a LatinX, I've never met a BIPOC (?), this weird stuff that highly-educated people say. Nobody talks that way in the barber shop, the nail salon, the grocery store, the community center. But that's how we talk now. That's WEIRD. And the people who are very low down on the economic ladder need a bunch of stuff. You wind up over promising -- oh, we're gonna give you reparations -- to the people at the bottom of the economic ladder, talking weird to appeal to the people at the top of the economic ladder, and the working class walks away from you. That is the data we're facing.

And there is a penalty you pay if you don't go along with the normal narrative. The normal narrative in America has been, all black and brown people hate racists, all Republicans are racist, so all black and brown people are gonna vote for Democrats. All of that doesn't make sense in the real world. All Republicans are not racist, and Republican appeals are not just racial, some of them are economic, some of them are cultural, and all black and brown folks are not liberals.

Listen, black and brown folks go to church A LOT. You want black churchgoers and Latin Catholics to vote for Democrats, you to do things that show that maybe you get those issues. Which are primarily economic issues, family issues, bread & butter issues. And if you're gonna talk about the cultural issues, you have to talk about them in a way that's gonna resonate with a working mom or a working dad, and not just folks who went to college.

Will Democrats take note? I doubt it.

This blew my mind to the point where I stopped it, rewound it and transcribed it.

vanjones.jpg

Why is the Democratic Party such a wreck right now? Much of it is what I've seen saying since I've been on this board: This ridiculous, counterproductive dependence on PC and Identity Politics. Not ONLY did it feed the frustration and anger that brought us the former guy, it ALSO simply doesn't work as well on minorities any more.

MAGA are moving right on culture -- you know, CRT is bad, trans is bad, parents' rights -- so they're marketing their right wing move on culture really well. But they're also moving left on economics -- MAGA sounds like Bernie Sanders when they're talking about American tariffs, talking about American jobs, the way they're going after big tech companies. And so by moving left on economics and right on culture, that's appealing to working class voters, including black and brown voters. Democrats don't see this coming. They've over-reacted on the cultural moves, under-reacted on economic appeal, and you're seeing it pay off for MAGA. So this is a very important moment.

If Democrats want working class black and working class Latino voters, we're gonna have to change our strategy and respond to the MAGA threat. Listen, we're in danger of becoming the party of the very high and the very low. If you pull out the working class, you have people who are very well educated and very well off. Those people talk funny -- LatinX? I've never met a LatinX, I've never met a BIPOC (?), this weird stuff that highly-educated people say. Nobody talks that way in the barber shop, the nail salon, the grocery store, the community center. But that's how we talk now. That's WEIRD. And the people who are very low down on the economic ladder need a bunch of stuff. You wind up over promising -- oh, we're gonna give you reparations -- to the people at the bottom of the economic ladder, talking weird to appeal to the people at the top of the economic ladder, and the working class walks away from you. That is the data we're facing.

And there is a penalty you pay if you don't go along with the normal narrative. The normal narrative in America has been, all black and brown people hate racists, all Republicans are racist, so all black and brown people are gonna vote for Democrats. All of that doesn't make sense in the real world. All Republicans are not racist, and Republican appeals are not just racial, some of them are economic, some of them are cultural, and all black and brown folks are not liberals.

Listen, black and brown folks go to church A LOT. You want black churchgoers and Latin Catholics to vote for Democrats, you to do things that show that maybe you get those issues. Which are primarily economic issues, family issues, bread & butter issues. And if you're gonna talk about the cultural issues, you have to talk about them in a way that's gonna resonate with a working mom or a working dad, and not just folks who went to college.

Everything Trump said would happen except the impeachable Afghan disaster happened. Your kooky kook CNN accelerated all this....lolololol

Funny watching you absolute fools

Democrats have taken for granted the educated voters, but many are turned off by their identity politics, as are black people. They cannot continue to expect those groups to always vote for democrats because there are not completely bat-shit crazy, Trump slurping Republicans running for office (mainly in blue states)

I'm so sick of Democrats, I feel like they can't find their ass with both hands. I'm not voting for the insurrectionists and Trump cult, however. It's getting to the point where I may sit out elections. Both parties are abysmal.

vanjones.jpg

Maybe we should stop letting the party be lead by old ass white people...

vanjones.jpg

You helped put democrats in power

So all stupid stuff they do is in part your fault

Everything Trump said would happen except the impeachable Afghan disaster happened. Your kooky kook CNN accelerated all this....lolololol

Funny watching you absolute fools
The Covid really disappeared "like a miracle"? BTW, we don`t impeach presidents when soldiers are killed doing dangerous duty in a dangerous place. How many were killed in Lebanon when St. Ronnie was president?

2 whole people, both who got there in 2021. And Harris is a moderate and a politician through and though, not a progressive.
Yes, they would be leading the party, idiot. And there is more. State chairs, county chairs. Do you even know how political parties work?
None of you leftists are "progressive" Your policies mimic 14th century Europe. Authoritarian shit stains. Every goddamn one of you.

Not enough of them. And not soon enough. Republicans will take back Congress in the fall, via the democratic will of the people, and Dems will have nothing but excuses.

Yes, they would be leading the party, idiot. And there is more. State chairs, county chairs. Do you even know how political parties work?
None of you leftists are "progressive" Your policies mimic 14th century Europe. Authoritarian shit stains. Every goddamn one of you.
You think VPs lead the party.... 🤣

vanjones.jpg

Van Jones is right but I'll get to that later.

First, how white liberals think of minorites:

it ALSO simply doesn't work as well on minorities any more.

This is how white liberals think of minorities: political tricks can "work" on them--until they don't. Well guess what, Mac. The brown people can see the machinations and they don't like it. I don't blame them. They are finding out that many Republicans don't see them as votes to be manipulated, but as children of God--as fellow Americans and citizens. And they really, gosh imagine it--they really like that. As we all should.

Not enough of them. And not soon enough. Republicans will take back Congress in the fall, via the democratic will of the people, and Dems will have no one to blame but themselves.
What will they do when they take it back? Hopefully they have more than the idiotic "Brandon" thing.

vanjones.jpg

Now, on to Van Jones. He's right, but he's too late. This needed to be said BEFORE Biden destroyed everything. Any New Democrat can emerge and say "yeah but we're great now! Really! Kitchen table! Economy!" and they are destroyed by Biden's gas prices and inflation, and soon, job losses and recession.

You all did this. And you deserve what's coming.

Forum List

Back