Democrats Trapped in Twitter-Fed Echo Chamber

Billiejeens

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2019
As Rep. Nancy Pelosi stood behind President Donald Trump at the conclusion of the State of the Union address and childishly ripped his speech in half, it symbolized more than just the Democrats’ contempt for the president. It represented the party’s final break with reality -- its shamelessness exceeded only by its transparent desperation for relevancy.

In the blunt words of long-time Democrat guru James Carville, his party has “tacked off the damn radar.”

The bizarre, leftward course now being charted by America’s oldest major political party did not start with Sen. Bernie Sanders becoming a presidential nominee front-runner, or with Pelosi throwing a series of very public tantrums. In many respects, the answer to the questions of how and why the Democrat Party reached this point starts with Twitter, the social media platform that in many respects now dominates news and politics.

BJ - Also Carville - "I don't want to be in a damn cult."

The Democratic party has been reduced to little more that a regional cult. -

Why anybody would want to belong to either of these parties is beyond me.
I don't know why nearly everyone has such a strong desire to "belong" period. Religion and politics plays on that inherent (for many) desire. I've not figured out why letting others decide for you (about anything) is so prevalent. This Country was established to allow men to do as they pleased by their own accord- yet everybody (it seems) wants a predetermined path set for them by someone who has no skin in their game. Politics and religious leaders have so many rules they can't be kept up with and sooner or later one, or more, of those rules is cause for concern. Yet, people clamor to "belong to" when it's obvious to a blind man that that doesn't garner you anything other than being told what you can do when.

As Rep. Nancy Pelosi stood behind President Donald Trump at the conclusion of the State of the Union address and childishly ripped his speech in half, it symbolized more than just the Democrats’ contempt for the president. It represented the party’s final break with reality -- its shamelessness exceeded only by its transparent desperation for relevancy.

In the blunt words of long-time Democrat guru James Carville, his party has “tacked off the damn radar.”

The bizarre, leftward course now being charted by America’s oldest major political party did not start with Sen. Bernie Sanders becoming a presidential nominee front-runner, or with Pelosi throwing a series of very public tantrums. In many respects, the answer to the questions of how and why the Democrat Party reached this point starts with Twitter, the social media platform that in many respects now dominates news and politics.

The modern Stalinist democrat Party represents only the far Left Lunatic Fringe on the coasts.

Look for CA and NY to secede from the Union after the Inevitable November shellacking

The modern Stalinist democrat Party represents only the far Left Lunatic Fringe on the coasts.

Look for CA and NY to secede from the Union after the Inevitable November shellacking

They will not be permitted to secede.

ALL political Party's are cults.

I agree. Why anybody would want to belong to either of these parties is beyond me.
Pretend Independents are cultists.

Perhaps, but at least we don’t have cultist rallies where we all wear costumes.

CA8238DA-3200-41D5-9CDF-EEB086AD93AB.jpeg

EE57B7AD-82AA-4538-A598-E2119B4ACEAC.jpeg

They will not be permitted to secede.

sadly.

Forum List

Back