Democrats to offer 5.7 Million for "Border Security" not Wall

Nancy is brilliant. If he turns this down....he will be bottoming out....

BUT I PROMISED A "BEAUTIFUL CONCRETE WALL!".....SOB....WHINE.....WHIMPER....

"Nancy is brilliant"? LOL. And you didnt guffaw when you typed that?

What is it you think is brilliant? A political shenanigan designed to release the building pressure on her without really doing anything? Is that what you consider "brilliant"? The dishonesty?

""Nothing doth more hurt in a state than that cunning men pass for wise."
Francis Bacon

th

Will trump walk away from that offer and prove he hates America? Will he?

Nancy Pelosi..guardian of the public purse?

Remember when she voted to hand out 2.4 billion in grants to "clean energy" companies...which then went bankrupt? Solyndra...Ener1..etc.

The shit show began when Trump said he'd be proud to shut the government down.

Actually it began two years ago but that's another story

Yup....he said he would take the heat....but of course he is a serial liar. Now he walks away from his statements.....He is a DICK.

The simple fact that dems paid for walls in the recent past, but now refuse to fund them at all shows how phony they are. Talk about walking away from policies. The dems don't own the Budget or the Federal government and need to compromise. The fact that they refuse to meet Trump halfway, to fund more of a wall they recently funded, shows everyone how radical they are.
BTW, who are the dem's "experts" that say walls don't work? I haven't seen any border guards saying that?!
Walls Work

The irony of the situation is Trump is shutting down the government in order to grant a campaign promise...while essentially the longest shutdown in US history may foretell the doom of Trump's political future...along with the future of many Republican law makers. In an effort to please his far right cult members...he may have cooked his goose.

Border security is essential, even though it is also a campaign promise.
The dems funded the wall in the recent past, so their change of position has no basis but rigid partisan politics.
Trumps political future will unfold in due time. No need to predict, we know how the 2016 predictions turned out don't we?
Lets hope 2020 will turn out like 2016...

They didn’t fund the wall.

Why do you lie?

I don’t understand the need for Republicans to just endlessly lie?

Democrats funded a comprehensive border security package that included barriers in some places. Not a wall.

Even many Republicans are saying a wall from sea the sea is the height of ignorance.

Then you had all the GOP lies.

Ignorance plus lies equal Republican Party.

Just saw Nancy Pelosi on TV say she was optimistic about the goodness of the Republicans in the Senate.

Isn’t that hilarious?

Good Republicans?

What does that even mean?

Simple...except for you simpletons. It means she will say and do anything necessary for power.

Nobody cares if we don't have a cement Berlin wall. We need the existing barriers extended and improved along with all other aspects of border security. This is common sense and budgetary chump change. Pelosi turned it into a shit show with her ridiculous and indefensible "Walls Are Immoral".

There is a road to compromise. They need to find it. People's livelihood are at stake. I cannot imagine the anguish and pain that this DAMN shutdown has costed. NOBODY WINS AND NOBODY LOSES.

OPEN THE FRIGIN GOVERNMENT!

LOL...since the vast majority of government workers vote for Democrats...who do you think Nancy Pelosi is REALLY hurting by her refusal to fund a secure border? She's painted herself into a corner. How long do you think it's going to be before her government worker constituents start screaming bloody murder at her to cut a deal? I'd say that's coming soon...

Nobody cares if we don't have a cement Berlin wall. We need the existing barriers extended and improved along with all other aspects of border security. This is common sense and budgetary chump change. Pelosi turned it into a shit show with her ridiculous and indefensible "Walls Are Immoral".

There is a road to compromise. They need to find it. People's livelihood are at stake. I cannot imagine the anguish and pain that this DAMN shutdown has costed. NOBODY WINS AND NOBODY LOSES.

OPEN THE FRIGIN GOVERNMENT!

Were you this passionate for the government to reopen when it shut down during Obama’s tenure?

Yup....he said he would take the heat....but of course he is a serial liar. Now he walks away from his statements.....He is a DICK.

The simple fact that dems paid for walls in the recent past, but now refuse to fund them at all shows how phony they are. Talk about walking away from policies. The dems don't own the Budget or the Federal government and need to compromise. The fact that they refuse to meet Trump halfway, to fund more of a wall they recently funded, shows everyone how radical they are.
BTW, who are the dem's "experts" that say walls don't work? I haven't seen any border guards saying that?!
Walls Work

The irony of the situation is Trump is shutting down the government in order to grant a campaign promise...while essentially the longest shutdown in US history may foretell the doom of Trump's political future...along with the future of many Republican law makers. In an effort to please his far right cult members...he may have cooked his goose.

The dems funded the wall in the recent past, so their change of position has no basis but rigid partisan politics.
Trumps political future will unfold in due time. No need to predict, we know how the 2016 predictions turned out don't we?

Let me say this again..

5.7 BILLION FOR BORDER SECURITY!

$5.7b for border security is the correct number, but the string says that there is to be no new wall, correct? I'm not sure Trump can spend that much on non-wall items? There aren't that many POEs that can get the fancy drug detection equipment. Its a positive step, lets hope it ends the shutdown.

Walls Work

They didn’t fund the wall.

Why do you lie?

I don’t understand the need for Republicans to just endlessly lie?

Democrats funded a comprehensive border security package that included barriers in some places. Not a wall.

Even many Republicans are saying a wall from sea the sea is the height of ignorance.

Then you had all the GOP lies.

Ignorance plus lies equal Republican Party.

They have been trumped....Facts and the truth make them uncomfortable.

Hahahaha wuuuuhhat??!?!? I thought the dems “official” objection to the wall was that it is a waste of money, and not fiscally prudent enough to shut down the government over. So they’re saying ok here’s the money youve been asking for to waste, you just can’t waste it this specific way. So, basically they’re admitting playing politics so trump doesn’t get a “win” at the expense of the fed workers/contractors affected by the shutdown.

Just let him build the wall. That 5.7 billion will at least have more velocity paying for the contractors to build it, and for the local towns housing the workers, and the steel mills, the transportation of it, etc. That’s opposed to having the 5.7 bill go to just another govt department and stopping there.

Yes....trump DID say he would build a concrete wall....and MEXICO WILL PAY FOR IT!

Analysis | For years, Trump promised to build a wall from concrete. Now he says it will be built from steel.

You already shared this incredibly-important-for-American-livelihood article.

Sorry....I forgot facts make you break out in hives...

You’re a victim who deserves pity. Did you care as much about the shut downs that happened while Obama was president?

Almost 6 billion of our hard earned dollars seems a good start (if well managed ) on improving border security. then we could shift to the real problem immigration.

I think the (nearly) 6 billion will be appropriated and left unspent.

It's not necessary. It;s a SYMBOL

Trump will probably use it as a slush fund to finance other bullshit like he's done in the past.

Forum List

Back