Democrats set to shake up start of 2024 presidential primary

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Democrats are poised to reorder their presidential primary schedule beginning next year, replacing Iowa with South Carolina in the leadoff spot as part of a major overhaul meant to empower Black and other minority voters critical to the party's base of support.

The Democratic National Committee has worked for months to revamp the start of its voting calendar, and the full membership is set to vote on the plan on Saturday.

"This isn't just about us," Trev Robertson, president of the South Carolina Democratic Party, told a gathering of the DNC Southern caucus earlier this week. "This is a regional thing, and it's making us all look good."

Given the cluster-fuck in Iowa last go-round I don't blame them.

That said everything in America today is viewed through a black lens. It seems to the dems the most important question regarding any subject is how blacks feel about it.

Can anyone show me a historical precedent for what 12.1% (and going down) of the population thinks outside of commie regimes?

LOL!! Like rearranging the primary dates on the Titanic is going to matter.
I hope SC nominates Stacy Abrams or Kamala as their 2024 nominee.

Democrats are poised to reorder their presidential primary schedule beginning next year, replacing Iowa with South Carolina in the leadoff spot as part of a major overhaul meant to empower Black and other minority voters critical to the party's base of support.

The Democratic National Committee has worked for months to revamp the start of its voting calendar, and the full membership is set to vote on the plan on Saturday.

"This isn't just about us," Trev Robertson, president of the South Carolina Democratic Party, told a gathering of the DNC Southern caucus earlier this week. "This is a regional thing, and it's making us all look good."

That said everything in America today is viewed through a black lens. It seems to the dems the most important question regarding any subject is how blacks feel about it.

Can anyone show me a historical precedent for what 12.1% (and going down) of the population thinks outside of commie regimes?
This is just acknowledging electoral reality. Both Iowa and NH are primarily white states. Neither state has been relevant in choosing a President in decades (Disclaimer, I live in NH).

that was decided like 4 months ago.

Nice of you to finally comment. LOL.

It was a dumb idea then...it remains a dumb idea now. There needs to be serious reform on the way primaries are run...we need to do it by regions of the nation; instead of one Super Tuesday, we need 5 or 6 of them...10-12 states on the third Tuesday of every month from January to May/June. Stop allowing a couple of states early in the campaign calendar to thin the herd...allow more voters to weigh in on the entire field.

This move by the democrats is stupid. The way they and the GOP had it was/is dumb too.

"Reorder" is a nice substitute for "manipulate." Yes, they pander to all sorts of block-voting special interest groups, but their actual nominating procedure is designed for party leaders to make the choice. Why else have so many Super Delegates?

I can remember when Ohio was the first state, times change and so does the starting points.

"Reorder" is a nice substitute for "manipulate." Yes, they pander to all sorts of block-voting special interest groups, but their actual nominating procedure is designed for party leaders to make the choice. Why else have so many Super Delegates?
WOW!!! That's exactly what the GOP does also....WOW!!!

This is just acknowledging electoral reality. Both Iowa and NH are primarily white states. Neither state has been relevant in choosing a President in decades (Disclaimer, I live in NH).
Yeah, I can understand the dems catering to their low-IQ black constituencies because they are stupid but it would seem to me they would want to start somewhere with a large white college educated women population because that's the voting block that wins POTUS elections for the dems over the last few cycles, not blacks.

1. Massachusetts. Associate degree or higher: 52.42%
  2. Colorado. Associate degree or higher: 51.08%
  3. Minnesota. Associate degree or higher: 48.76%
  4. Virginia & .5 Maryland tied . Associate degree or higher: 47.74%

Shit, I better not give the dem slags any ideas. ;)

Forum List

Back