"Democrats seek to own occupy Wallstreet movement"

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
Democrats Seek to Own 'Occupy Wall Street' Movement - Yahoo! News

If the Democrats are successful, I will at that point say that I think it's as phony a movement as the Tea Party (GOP).

It will just become the Democrat base as the TP is the GOP's base, as was always obvious to me that it was "Conservatives" renaming themselves. The rebranding of themselves (Liberals) will not fool me this time, either.

The gist of the movement seems to be, in my opinion, that the Government and Big $$ are in bed together, and as a result the Wealth gap is too large to remain sustainable. I whole-heartedly agree, but if they forget that D's are just as bad or worse in some cases than R's in being bought off and fully-pwned, then I will have no pity for the consequences of what that marriage will do to their movement.....definitely starting with me.

Keith Olbermann speaking for them = Glenn Beck speaking for them. They're the same schmucks on different ends.

If the Democrats are successful, I will at that point say that I think it's as phony a movement as the Tea Party (GOP).

It will just become the Democrat base as the TP is the GOP's base, as was always obvious to me that it was "Conservatives" renaming themselves. The rebranding of themselves (Liberals) will not fool me this time, either.

The gist of the movement seems to be, in my opinion, that the Government and Big $$ are in bed together, and as a result the Wealth gap is too large to remain sustainable. I whole-heartedly agree, but if they forget that D's are just as bad or worse in some cases than R's in being bought off and fully-pwned, then I will have no pity for the consequences of what that marriage will do to their movement.....definitely starting with me.

Keith Olbermann speaking for them = Glenn Beck speaking for them. They're the same schmucks on different ends.

I don't mind Democrats supporting OWS...as long as they do it with more than just empty words. When they start enacting legislation to get the outside funding by corporations and special interest groups out of politics, I'll believe them.

I don't mind Democrats supporting OWS...as long as they do it with more than just empty words. When they start enacting legislation to get the outside funding by corporations and special interest groups out of politics, I'll believe them.

What would you place those odds at? My guess is slim to none. Separating parties need not apply. they walk arm in arm.

What would you place those odds at? My guess is slim to none. Separating parties need not apply. they walk arm in arm.

I wouldn't say none. These are OUR representatives after all. When people get angry enough at the corporate and special interest meddling in our Democracy, they WILL start electing people that will end the dialing for dollars our legislators engage in.

Like dealing with any addict, it's going to take tough love, but I think that we the people CAN do it.

We tried to TELL you Teabaggers that The DICK; Armey was claiming ownership o' your little Tea Party!! (....And, then you went-on to claim he was an "outsider", anyhow.)

Teabaggers can be such....

Cartoon-Dick-Armeys-Army.gif

Seek to own? It's run out of the White House ferchristsake!!

It's Obama's movement!

New Topics

Forum List

Back