Democrats rule out border wall funding in exchange for helping "Dreamers."

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie
Democrats rule out Trump's request for border wall funding in help for 'Dreamers'

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Congressional Democrats rejected President Donald Trump’s requests on Sunday that renewed protection for “Dreamers” - people brought illegally to the United States as children - include funding for a border wall and money for thousands more immigration officers.

“We told the President at our meeting that we were open to reasonable border security measures alongside the DREAM Act, but this list goes so far beyond what is reasonable..."

Say adios to the "Dreamers!"

:)

It's certainly an odd negotiation tactic, to basically want your cake and eat it too. I also assume, there might be some support for the Dreamers, but support for the wall and addressing illegal immigration is probably much higher than anyone thinks, and certainly Trump supporters and the GOP in general are quite supportive of the initiative.

In other words, it's bad politics for the Democrats to oppose addressing illegal immigration. These efforts are only popular with a very small subset and of course, International alt-left left donors. So in the end, this issue is a losing issue for the Democrats on a National basis.

Obviously the Democratic Party is pandering to the racist Aztlan Nationalist, LULAC racist and the La Raza racist.

Trump is playing Pelosi and Schumer like a fiddle. Either they cut a deal with Trump and fund the border wall (and piss off their illegal immigrant base), or they continue to act like stubborn bitches and let Dreamers get deported (and again piss off their illegal immigrant base).

#4DChess

A wall won't work. Never has. Never will. Just ask the Chinese. They need to mine the border, it's worked between the 2 Koreas.

A wall won't work. Never has. Never will. Just ask the Chinese. They need to mine the border, it's worked between the 2 Koreas.

I support a "smart" wall that is more than just a physical border. It should, at a bare minimum, have state of the art technology to monitor the border such as infrared, seismic monitors (to detect tunneling), drone patrols, etc. I also wouldn't object to making the border a mine field.

Wouldnt need a wall if we took away incentive. Aint nobody got time for that though..

Wouldnt need a wall if we took away incentive. Aint nobody got time for that though..

The only way to defeat illegal immigration, IMO, is a three-pronged attack:

1. Go after the employers who employ them. Use criminal forfeiture laws to seize their assets until employers are too scared to hire them.

2. Remove all incentives for illegal immigrants to come here. No birth right citizenship unless at least 1 of the parents is a U.S. citizen. No welfare. No free public education. Etc.

3. Build the wall.

Ya, we should teach the Mexicans how to have a nice garden and grow food, then they'd need gardeners and produce pickers at home.

Forum List

Back