Democrats release new Ten Commandments

While "Wiki" tends to be dominated by "know nothing Leftists" in content, still there are some real content to be found.
From the wiki entry on "Conservatism in the USA";

... We do get this rough gauge to work with;
Conservatism in the United States is a political and social philosophy which characteristically prioritizes American traditions, republicanism, and limited federal governmental power in relation to the states, referred to more simply as limited government and states' rights. It typically supports Christian values,[1] moral absolutism,[2] traditional family values,[3] American exceptionalism,[4] and individualism.[5] It is generally pro-capitalist[6] and pro-business while opposing trade unions. It often advocates for a strong national defense, gun rights, free trade,[7] and a defense of Western culture from perceived threats posed by communism[8] and moral relativism.[9]

Russell Kirk's principles of conservatism​

Russell Kirk developed six "canons" of conservatism, which Gerald J. Russello described as follows:

1. A belief in a transcendent order, which Kirk described variously as based in tradition, divine revelation, or natural law.
  2. An affection for the "variety and mystery" of human existence.
  3. A conviction that society requires orders and classes that emphasize natural distinctions.
  4. A belief that property and freedom are closely linked.
  5. A faith in custom, convention, and prescription.
  6. A recognition that innovation must be tied to existing traditions and customs, which entails a respect for the political value of prudence.[137]

Kirk said that Christianity and Western civilization are "unimaginable apart from one another"[138] and that "all culture arises out of religion. When religious faith decays, culture must decline, though often seeming to flourish for a space after the religion which has nourished it has sunk into disbelief."[139]

In later works, Kirk expanded this list into his "Ten Principles of Conservatism"[140] which are as follows:

1. First, the conservative believes that there exists an enduring moral order.
  2. Second, the conservative adheres to custom, convention, and continuity.
  3. Third, conservatives believe in what may be called the principle of prescription.
  4. Fourth, conservatives are guided by their principle of prudence.
  5. Fifth, conservatives pay attention to the principle of variety.
  6. Sixth, conservatives are chastened by their principle of imperfectability.
  7. Seventh, conservatives are persuaded that freedom and property are closely linked.
  8. Eighth, conservatives uphold voluntary community, quite as they oppose involuntary collectivism.
  9. Ninth, the conservative perceives the need for prudent restraints upon power and upon human passions.
  10. Tenth, the thinking conservative understands that permanence and change must be recognized and reconciled in a vigorous society.

What exactly is your culture?
White, Christian, American. Western Civilization in general. You know, having things like laws, buildings, roads, vehicles, electricity, running water, capitalist system to make an easy living for yourself. Basically all the wonders you get to enjoy. I don’t see you practicing your culture of living off the land in a hut. You’re using an electronic device connected to the internet, all things invented by and maintained by people who live in modern western civilization.

White Privilege is my culture, which you get to enjoy everyday as a citizen. You’re welcome.

White, Christian, American. Western Civilization in general. You know, having things like laws, buildings, roads, vehicles, electricity, running water, capitalist system to make an easy living for yourself. Basically all the wonders you get to enjoy.
Cool. What I enjoy the most is going to the west coast and being in nature. I don't see how that has anything to do with your culture.
I don’t see you practicing your culture of living off the land in a hut. You’re using an electronic device connected to the internet, all things invented by and maintained by people who live in modern western civilization.
Of course. I use what we have. If we didn't have all these electronic devices I would still be quite content. I would still be writing music.

Back to discussion. You said :
Because I believe in defending my culture?
Who exactly are you defending your culture from and how are they threatening your culture?

To see if you have any credibility or positive contribution to our nation and society or are just another parasitic drain upon the social well being.
I'm a musician. I write, record and perform music to entertain the masses.
If this Covid ever gets done I plan to go back to teaching music again which is what I really enjoy.
I also work a day job and I've never been on unemployment or welfare, so I see myself as a productive member of society.

I'm a musician. I write, record and perform music to entertain the masses.
If this Covid ever gets done I plan to go back to teaching music again which is what I really enjoy.
I also work a day job and I've never been on unemployment or welfare, so I see myself as a productive member of society.
Yet click on your "user name" and try to look at your profile on this forum and we get;

Oops! We ran into some problems.
This member limits who may view their full profile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Which in my experience is a huge red flag of a phony and faker; so say and claim what you want, you still remain a largely potential fraud in my book.

Yet click on your "user name" and try to look at your profile on this forum and we get;

Oops! We ran into some problems.
This member limits who may view their full profile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Which in my experience is a huge red flag of a phony and faker; so say and claim what you want, you still remain a largely potential fraud in my book.
Try it now.

Who exactly are you defending your culture from and how are they threatening your culture?

Defending my culture from Multiculturalism and the idiots that keep pushing it. They are threatening my culture by trying to destroy it or replace it with a more dominant culture. I would think an Indian would understand that.

Defending my culture from Multiculturalism and the idiots that keep pushing it. They are threatening my culture by trying to destroy it or replace it with a more dominant culture. I would think an Indian would understand that.
Indeed I would understand that. We are still fighting. The difference is your culture is in no danger of being extinct. Mine is.

Forum List

Back