Democrats in California have a major problem

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
No money.

Just when they need to start hiring staff and commissioning polls, many candidates have no idea how much might have been taken from them or how much they have left, and they cannot find out: As many as 400 political accounts have been frozen by the banks holding the funds since the Sept. 2 arrest of treasurer Kinde Durkee.

She controlled funds for numerous politicians, predominantly Democrats, and it could be years before litigation sorts out who is owed what.

"It couldn't happen at a worse time," said Rep. Laura Richardson (D-Long Beach), who is expected to face Rep. Janice Hahn (D-San Pedro) in a tough June primary in a newly drawn district. "I hope for my sake, and for all of my colleagues, that we're able to recoup the funds."

More than a dozen state and federal candidates in next year's election have had funds frozen. Scores of others who have not announced their plans or will not be on the 2012 ballot also employed Durkee, which complicates their efforts to promote themselves now by, for example, spending money to raise funds for future races.

Democrats scramble to replace cash - latimes.com

Darn!
Karma?

"U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, who is up for reelection next year, had about $5 million in her campaign accounts when Durkee was taken into custody. The wealthy senator's aides have said she plans to put an equal sum of her own money into her campaign."

Wealthy politicians for Obama to tax!

The Democrats in California are the problem.

Not to worry, just having a D after your name is enough. There are a lot of poor and minorities in California and the vast majority are loyal Democrats.

Forum List

Back