Democrats fret over President's re-election odds

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Big trouble in little DC, folk :rofl:

Democrats fret over President's re-election odds
Democrats are expressing growing alarm about President Barack Obama's re-election prospects and, in interviews, are openly acknowledging anxiety about the White House's ability to strengthen the President's standing over the next 14 months.

And in a campaign cycle in which Democrats had entertained hopes of reversing losses from last year's midterm elections, some in the party fear that Obama's troubles could reverberate down the ballot into congressional, state and local races.

"In my district, the enthusiasm for him has mostly evaporated," said Rep. Peter A. DeFazio, D-Ore.

His own economic advisers concede that the unemployment rate, currently 9.1 percent, is unlikely to drop substantially over the next year, creating a daunting obstacle to re-election.

"The alarms have already gone off in the Democratic grass roots," said Robert Zimmerman, a member of the Democratic National Committee from New York, who hopes the President's jobs plan can be a turning point. "If the Obama administration hasn't heard them, they should check the wiring of their alarm system."

LOL Good one OODA.

The economy look like its still going to be in the toilet come Nov of 2012.

2012 is going to be all about the eocnomy.

Yeah if I were the Dems I'd be worried big time

A set of Gallup numbers that weren't hyped last week but are interesting are the approval numbers for minorities. The latin vote has gone from 60% down to 42% in the course of a month, and the black vote has broken from the mid 90s where he has been most of the term into the low 80s.

He can't go down much further with the white vote. It is in the low 30s. Any further movement will be with the minorities. And that is trending down at a precipitous rate.

Still a lot of time to the election but down-ticket Dimocrats gotta be worried about an election tsunami next year.

My oh my how the hope has changed.

You'll know it's bad when Democrats running for reelection start coming up with excuses why they can't be at Obama speaking events. Whereas two years ago they couldn't wait to walk onto stage with Barry? Now a lot of them are going to get as much distance as they can between themselves and this floundering Administration.

Forum List

Back