Democrats did not oppose/attack China Travel restrictions

Lies. You canā€™t quote an attack on the China Travel Restrictions from leadership. Hereā€™s what liars do:
  • Claim Pelosi was against the travel ban when the travel ban she opposed was the Muslim ban before China restrictions were announced .
  • Claim Biden was against the ban when the only comment they can find is Biden saying to lead with science and not xenophobia and fear. He never attacked the travel restrictions.
Lies lies and more lies from the right. All you can find are right wing articles claiming Democrats opposed it... not actual opposition.

Wake up righties. Youā€™re being lied to.

ā€œDr. Fauci said it was a scientific medical decision. I have a great confidence in Dr. Fauci,ā€ Pelosi said.

Pelosi questioned why the United Kingdom, which is outside the free-travel Schengen area, was exempted, but said she did not want to focus on criticizing Trump.

ā€œI think itā€™s a good step, absolutely,ā€ said Alabama Sen. Doug Jones, a Democrat in a tough re-election fight.

ā€œThe fact of the matter is weā€™re going to have to take some very serious steps,ā€ Jones told The Post. ā€œAnd I think the administration started that yesterday. I wish they would have started things a little bit earlier.ā€

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) told The Post, ā€œIt seems like of the 35 states that now have coronaviruses, 30 of them have originated in Europe, so I think itā€™s a wise move.ā€

At the Sanders town hall, he was specifically asked about it and said he would not do it. Google it. Sanders is a Leftist but still a Democrat.

Thatā€™s just not true. The question was about ā€œclosing down the bordersā€. It was in no way ā€œspecificallyā€ about travel restrictions to China.

Uhm closing down borders means exactly what he said.

No, it doesnā€™t. It means ending all international travel in and out of the country. That is far from ā€œexactlyā€œ what he said.

Oh please he was not trying to upset the illegal Mexicans in this country

What does that have to do with Trumpā€™s travel restrictions to China? You know, the topic of this thread?

It has everything to do with it.
It really doesnā€™t.

The idea is that Trump was criticized for restricting travel to China. This clip of Sanders is held up as evidence. However, as we can see, it was not about Trumpā€™s restrictions. It was not about China. It was about hypothetically restricting all foreign travel. A measure so extreme, not even Trump is doing it even now.
Huh? Of course he is.

No, heā€™s not.

If youā€™re going by literal border with Canada and Mexico, itā€™s still open to ā€œessential travelā€ like trade and work. There are bans among foreign nationals who have recently visited a list of about 2 dozen countries. Americans can still travel to and from foreign countries.

You have to show an act of God to go from here to Canada now. I have clients who cannot get trucks to deliver product there.
Fair enough, youā€™d know better than me. If you want to limit the term to the physical border itā€™s justifiable although I see that as an overly strict interpretation of closing the border. If thatā€™s the interpretation you want to go with, then Bret Baierā€™s question to Sanders about closing the border definitely had nothing to do with Trumpā€™s restrictions to China.

It is as simple as having people who aren't American come here and conversely go elsewhere at this time. Pretty cut and dry to me. Border security is critical now because some rogue country can just send a sick person here now and blow up our economy or worse. This is 9/11 on steroids.

Its effectiveness was and is limited. Restricting only foreign nationals is a half measure.

Anyway. I suggest you rewatch the first 10 minutes of the town hall with Sanders. The restrictions just werenā€™t really the topic. In no way was Sanderā€™s asked specifically about Trumpā€™s restrictions on foreign nationals who had visited China.
I understood it differently and did re-watch it. We see what we want to see.

Sorry dude. Words have meaning. You canā€™t change the meaning of words to fit your purpose and then just go ā€œHo hum, agree to disagreeā€. You claimed it was specifically asked about it. He was not. Period. End of story.

You see what you want to see. Not what is there.

Lies. You canā€™t quote an attack on the China Travel Restrictions from leadership. Hereā€™s what liars do:
  • Claim Pelosi was against the travel ban when the travel ban she opposed was the Muslim ban before China restrictions were announced .
  • Claim Biden was against the ban when the only comment they can find is Biden saying to lead with science and not xenophobia and fear. He never attacked the travel restrictions.
Lies lies and more lies from the right. All you can find are right wing articles claiming Democrats opposed it... not actual opposition.

ā€œDr. Fauci said it was a scientific medical decision. I have a great confidence in Dr. Fauci,ā€ Pelosi said.

Pelosi questioned why the United Kingdom, which is outside the free-travel Schengen area, was exempted, but said she did not want to focus on criticizing Trump.

ā€œI think itā€™s a good step, absolutely,ā€ said Alabama Sen. Doug Jones, a Democrat in a tough re-election fight.

ā€œThe fact of the matter is weā€™re going to have to take some very serious steps,ā€ Jones told The Post. ā€œAnd I think the administration started that yesterday. I wish they would have started things a little bit earlier.ā€

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) told The Post, ā€œIt seems like of the 35 states that now have coronaviruses, 30 of them have originated in Europe, so I think itā€™s a wise move.ā€

At the Sanders town hall, he was specifically asked about it and said he would not do it. Google it. Sanders is a Leftist but still a Democrat.

Thatā€™s just not true. The question was about ā€œclosing down the bordersā€. It was in no way ā€œspecificallyā€ about travel restrictions to China.

No, it doesnā€™t. It means ending all international travel in and out of the country. That is far from ā€œexactlyā€œ what he said.

What does that have to do with Trumpā€™s travel restrictions to China? You know, the topic of this thread?

It really doesnā€™t.

The idea is that Trump was criticized for restricting travel to China. This clip of Sanders is held up as evidence. However, as we can see, it was not about Trumpā€™s restrictions. It was not about China. It was about hypothetically restricting all foreign travel. A measure so extreme, not even Trump is doing it even now.
Huh? Of course he is.

No, heā€™s not.

If youā€™re going by literal border with Canada and Mexico, itā€™s still open to ā€œessential travelā€ like trade and work. There are bans among foreign nationals who have recently visited a list of about 2 dozen countries. Americans can still travel to and from foreign countries.

You have to show an act of God to go from here to Canada now. I have clients who cannot get trucks to deliver product there.
Fair enough, youā€™d know better than me. If you want to limit the term to the physical border itā€™s justifiable although I see that as an overly strict interpretation of closing the border. If thatā€™s the interpretation you want to go with, then Bret Baierā€™s question to Sanders about closing the border definitely had nothing to do with Trumpā€™s restrictions to China.

It is as simple as having people who aren't American come here and conversely go elsewhere at this time. Pretty cut and dry to me. Border security is critical now because some rogue country can just send a sick person here now and blow up our economy or worse. This is 9/11 on steroids.

Its effectiveness was and is limited. Restricting only foreign nationals is a half measure.

Anyway. I suggest you rewatch the first 10 minutes of the town hall with Sanders. The restrictions just werenā€™t really the topic. In no way was Sanderā€™s asked specifically about Trumpā€™s restrictions on foreign nationals who had visited China.

Sorry dude. Words have meaning. You canā€™t change the meaning of words to fit your purpose and then just go ā€œHo hum, agree to disagreeā€. You claimed it was specifically asked about it. He was not. Period. End of story.

When I saw it, I took it as such. Perhaps I incorrectly interpreted it.

It really doesnā€™t.

Huh? Of course he is.

No, heā€™s not.

Undoubtedly. If you want to claim it was an allusion to Trumpā€™s actions, you may have a case. But to claim it was specifically asking about Trumpā€™s restrictions on travel to China, itā€™s just false.

It really doesnā€™t.

Huh? Of course he is.

No, heā€™s not.

Undoubtedly. If you want to claim it was an allusion to Trumpā€™s actions, you may have a case. But to claim it was specifically asking about Trumpā€™s restrictions on travel to China, itā€™s just false.

Progolodytes and their semantics. Good lord.

It really doesnā€™t.

Huh? Of course he is.

No, heā€™s not.

I have no issue with your statement.

This is not cut and dried. Rarely is. Right now, for example, it is far harder for U.S. citizens to get into China than for Chinese citizens to get into the U.S. Ditto in regard to health checks for returning student citizens to get into their respective countries, for family members, etc. For the simple reason that the U.S. infection level is now so much higher than Chinaā€™s.

The U.S. DHS health checks at airports are usually still not very strict ā€” the health checkpoints at the ten airports open to foreign flights run far fewer tests than China does, at least the last time I checked. There are still tens of thousands, probably hundreds of thousands or even millions, of Americans and Green Card holders outside the U.S., including in China. Many do not want to return to the U.S. now, either because they fear infection during flight, have personal reasons to be abroad, or they just think they are safer where they are. Even Puerto Rico has requested permission to shut down flights from NYC. The reality is probably changing week to week.

While flights are much diminished, and of course there is no foreign tourism coming in, many of the paperwork checks are done even before one gets on the airplanes, gets a visa, or whatever. Donā€™t know much about land borders, but there it probably keeps changing too, depends on point of entry, documents presented, maybe even the bureaucratic whim of the checkers. What I know about airports is mostly because I have family stuck abroad and have been investigating regularly.

Last edited:
Clearly you didnā€™t read them. Iā€™ll give ya a few minutes to go back and look them over.

Clearly you didnā€™t read them. Iā€™ll give ya a few minutes to go back and look them over.

Dont deflect , from the obvious

can somebody find a link in chinese for this enemy agent? he obviously cannot read english....
There is no link. Thatā€™s why you are beside yourself. Itā€™s all a lie. I posted fucking quotes from the time. You guys post partisan headlines where the info doesnā€™t match.
Liar
Bot. If you were a human youā€™d be embarrassed to not have a rational response that includes a single fucking quote from a democratic leader stating they opposed China travel ban.

Maybe not a leader but two in the House of Reps made remarks:

So things have been said by Democrats that you refuse to acknowledge because you know stuff has been uttered by those like House Rep. Eliot L. Engle and was not rebuked by Democrat Leadership...
the democrat-controlled house was creating legislation to resend Trump's ban
Where do you get that? I am fine if you donā€™t like the attempt to limit congressional oversight of executive travel bans. Itā€™s a fine debate. But that doesnā€™t relate to the China travel ban. There was no legislation to overturn the Chinese travel restrictions. Read your link.
you're really ignorant yes the democrats started legislation to resend Trumps China travel ban
House Republican leaders are calling on Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to pull a bill that would rescind President Trumpā€™s controversial travel ban, arguing it could hinder the administrationā€™s ability to limit the number of individuals entering the U.S. from countries that have faced widespread outbreaks of coronavirus.

And this is yet ANOTHER Trumper Zombie Lie that will not die

Forum List

Back