Democrats Considering ‘Boycott’ Of Supreme Court Confirmation Hearings, Refuse To Meet With Amy Coney Barrett

If the Senate Dems attack ACB then it makes them look bad and the GOP senators who are up for re-election look better by comparison. I'm sure the Dems will try every procedural trick they can think of to slow down the process, but I haven't heard about anything they can do to derail the confirmation. I anticipate some kind of last-minute bullshit, that's their MO but I doubt Graham will let them get away with it.

Democrats are reportedly considering a plan to boycott upcoming Senate Supreme Court confirmation hearings and at least two Democratic Senators — Hawaii’s Mazie Hirono and Connecticut’s Richard Blumenthal — say they will not meet with nominee Amy Coney Barrett because it would “legitimize” President Donald Trump’s decision to kick off a nomination process just weeks from a presidential election.

The Houston Chronicle reports that Democratic senators are “mapping out how they will wield their limited procedural weapons in the fight over President Donald Trump’s Supreme Court nominee” and are “grappling with a central question: How much legitimacy do they give his candidate?”

“With little power to actually derail Trump’s pick, Democrats are coming under considerable pressure from their activist base to use every tactic at their disposal to not just throw sand in the gears of the confirmation fight, but to portray the consideration of expected nominee Amy Coney Barrett as a farce that shouldn’t even occur,” the outlet notes.

LOL.

Well the republicans refused to meet with Merrick Garland.

If the Senate Dems attack ACB then it makes them look bad and the GOP senators who are up for re-election look better by comparison. I'm sure the Dems will try every procedural trick they can think of to slow down the process, but I haven't heard about anything they can do to derail the confirmation. I anticipate some kind of last-minute bullshit, that's their MO but I doubt Graham will let them get away with it.

She will never be know by her initials.

Democrats are reportedly considering a plan to boycott upcoming Senate Supreme Court confirmation hearings and at least two Democratic Senators — Hawaii’s Mazie Hirono and Connecticut’s Richard Blumenthal — say they will not meet with nominee Amy Coney Barrett because it would “legitimize” President Donald Trump’s decision to kick off a nomination process just weeks from a presidential election.

The Houston Chronicle reports that Democratic senators are “mapping out how they will wield their limited procedural weapons in the fight over President Donald Trump’s Supreme Court nominee” and are “grappling with a central question: How much legitimacy do they give his candidate?”

“With little power to actually derail Trump’s pick, Democrats are coming under considerable pressure from their activist base to use every tactic at their disposal to not just throw sand in the gears of the confirmation fight, but to portray the consideration of expected nominee Amy Coney Barrett as a farce that shouldn’t even occur,” the outlet notes.

LOL.

They refused the consent of the Senate........elections have consequences........just as you lost the election.

Karma........bit you didn't it.

LOL.

They refused the consent of the Senate........elections have consequences........just as you lost the election.

They are not worried about it and they shouldn't be, they would vote on her and ask her questions.

You know, NOTHING YOU righty's can do to upset precedence, its already been upset by tramp and the republicans,

so you might as well shove it to the moon, everything. EVERYTHING

LOL.

They are not worried about it and they shouldn't be, they would vote on her and ask her questions.
And their vote will be No.......and they will say shame on you............At least it will not be another he raped me skit on SNL like Kav.............

35 years ago he abused me...........And you think the people of this country didn't notice..........LOL.........good luck.

I wish Dems would boycott all of humanity so we’d never have to see or listen to them again.

Too darn bad, what are you going to do if Biden wins and the Dems win the senate and house!! too bad.
Elections have consequences.

LOL.

And their vote will be No.......and they will say shame on you............At least it will not be another he raped me skit on SNL like Kav.............

35 years ago he abused me...........And you think the people of this country didn't notice..........LOL.........good luck.

Of course as it should be.

Who fucking cares, here's what I would do, I'd just have Graham immediately advance her to a vote and dispense with hearings altogether, they just interviewed the women two years ago, everything is in order, just forego the stupid hearings altogether!

We just basically posted the SAME thing at the SAME time, great minds, great minds....
I definitely have the type of mind folks would like to be compared too! :)

LOL.

So will you now say the new pick was your lesbian lover in place of the other show put on for Cav......or will you stand aside so the people don't get a rerun of the Kav show..............which will it be................

You have an alleged attempted rapist on the supreme court, and you want to cry they won't meet with Barrett.

We will have a confirm hearing with graham bitching all the while,

remember we have his permission to have his words speech against him.
Min: 3

LOL.

So will you now say the new pick was your lesbian lover in place of the other show put on for Cav......or will you stand aside so the people don't get a rerun of the Kav show..............which will it be................

anyone other than alleged attempted rapist. I could careless about their sexual orientation but who ever forces themselves sexually on another is hardly picked for a supreme court justice.

LOL.
#PackTheCourt

Fuck these jackasses. Didnt they impeach Trump knowing full well it was bogus?

Schiff lied that he doesnt know who the whistleblower is.

Politicians with power flex. POTUS and senate are the same party. Its not like we dont know the consequences,

RBG should have retired in 2009.Blame her.

She wanted the first female President to nominate her replacement.
Poor Ruth, shortly the Democrats will turn on her too.

Forum List

Back