Democrats Can Turn Anything Into A Total Crapfest.

No.....that wasn't my point. The media has an agenda. When the agenda has been set on an issue....that's almost the only thing they'll cover. The reason they do this is because they try to generate interest.....and if that doesn't work...they move on to the next issue quickly.
All true, but sometimes, the stories don't need ginned up to generate interest, and an insurrection attempt instigated by a former President kind of qualifies as that, don't cha think?

All true, but sometimes, the stories don't need ginned up to generate interest, and an insurrection attempt instigated by a former President kind of qualifies as that, don't cha think?
The media does have a tendency to exaggerate.
And it used to be that they were liably responsible for whatever they published, nobody wants to risk suing them because then they will become the next target of wildly speculative media coverage. And the DoJ refuses to prosecute them for fraud, so they pretty much can print any lie and get away with it. The Dems often use their lies as evidence against Republicans. How many times have they referenced an article in the NY Times or some other rag as proof that someone is guilty of a crime or amoral activity?

The media does have a tendency to exaggerate.
And it used to be that they were liably responsible for whatever they published, nobody wants to risk suing them because then they will become the next target of wildly speculative media coverage. And the DoJ refuses to prosecute them for fraud, so they pretty much can print any lie and get away with it. The Dems often use their lies as evidence against Republicans. How many times have they referenced an article in the NY Times or some other rag as proof that someone is guilty of a crime or amoral activity?
I agree, FOX News lies repeatedly, and daily, and they are never held accountable for it.

I agree, FOX News lies repeatedly, and daily, and they are never held accountable for it.
Probably because they're in on the same conspiracy as the rest of them. They have their part to play in it.
All of the journalists are reading a script....but they all come out of the same schools.....and none of them would have a job if they didn't play along with the hoax.

Probably because they're in on the same conspiracy as the rest of them. They have their part to play in it.
All of the journalists are reading a script....but they all come out of the same schools.....and none of them would have a job if they didn't play along with the hoax.
An obvious example was the sudden discovery of the word "gravitas" when Dick Cheney was chosen as W's VP. Every talking head on TV was repeating a word they had never before used in their broadcast career. They were all reading from the same script.

BULL CRAP 💩

View attachment 659808

The only good thing about COVID meant that Democrats would focus on something besides mass-shootings or whining about Global Warming...

I'm just hoping that it doesn't take something horrible to stop Dems from destroying our energy industry..
Mass shooting is a serious problem that does not exist in other affluent democracies. America's love affair with the gun is an affair with a very expensive mistress.

Global warming is a more serious problem that will not disappear by ignoring it. The Green New Deal helps the energy industry by shifting our reliance from fossil fuels to environmentally benign sources of energy.

An obvious example was the sudden discovery of the word "gravitas" when Dick Cheney was chosen as W's VP. Every talking head on TV was repeating a word they had never before used in their broadcast career. They were all reading from the same script.
The word I heard when Dick Cheney was chosen as George W. Bush's vice president was "ballast." Ballast is weight put into empty boats to keep them from capsizing. The idea was that Cheney was serious minded and Bush II was not.

The lack of gravitas in a president only became a problem with the election of Donald Trump. It can also be said that Trump is not presidential. He lacks the manners and erudition we have the right to expect in a president. Although Trump inherited wealth he has the coarseness and vulgarity of a parvenu who clawed his way up from a slum. Someone described his lifestyle as "living the way a poor man would if he became rich."

John Kennedy and William Buckley embodied aristocratic charm and grace. Trump is a repulsive, low class bounder.

The word I heard when Dick Cheney was chosen as George W. Bush's vice president was "ballast." Ballast is weight put into empty boats to keep them from capsizing. The idea was that Cheney was serious minded and Bush II was not.

The lack of gravitas in a president only became a problem with the election of Donald Trump. It can also be said that Trump is not presidential. He lacks the manners and erudition we have the right to expect in a president. Although Trump inherited wealth he has the coarseness and vulgarity of a parvenu who clawed his way up from a slum. Someone described his lifestyle as "living the way a poor man would if he became rich."

John Kennedy and William Buckley embodied aristocratic charm and grace. Trump is a repulsive, low class bounder.
Totally irrelevant to the point. I mean, I've seen people desperate to bring TRUMP! into every single conversation, but that was a real stretch. The point I was making, which cannot be denied, is that the talking heads on TV discovered the word "gravitas" at the same time and used it at the same time, thus underlining again the reality that they read from the same script when delivering the "news". There are a mere handful of organizations actually gathering current events and spoon-feeding them to ignorant, over-paid, blow-dried Barbie and Ken dolls who pretend to be "journalists".

These people are in the middle of an investigation......that means they aren't supposed to be going on television
and talking about it. They're supposed to be investigating....not making wild unsubstantiated claims.

View attachment 659855

"Representative Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” that he believes former President Donald Trump was guilty of “seditious conspiracy.”

Kinzinger said, “What we can do from the committee’s perspective is show, as we have so far, for instance, the pressure that was coming down on Mike Pence and how the president knew what he was doing.”

He added, “This attack on January 6 is unprecedented, and the rot that led up to it is unprecedented. It’s essential at this moment that we get a grip on this and figure out how to defend our democracy.

Anchor George Stephanopoulos asked, “It’s up to the Justice Department in the end but have you reached the conclusion that President Trump should be prosecuted?”

Kinzinger said, “I certainly think the president is guilty of knowing what he did, seditious conspiracy, being involved in these kinds of different segments of pressuring DOJ, vice president etcetera. Obviously, as you know, we’re not a criminal charges committee. I want to be careful in specifically using that language. But what we are presenting before the American people would rise to the criminal involvement by the president and definitely failure of the oath. The oath has to matter here. Your personal demand to stand for the Constitution has to matter. If you have people that don’t regard that at all, there’s no law in the world that we can pass that will make a bit of difference.”

This means they have nothing and need to convict in the public eye. its Bull Shit..

Totally irrelevant to the point. I mean, I've seen people desperate to bring TRUMP! into every single conversation, but that was a real stretch. The point I was making, which cannot be denied, is that the talking heads on TV discovered the word "gravitas" at the same time and used it at the same time, thus underlining again the reality that they read from the same script when delivering the "news". There are a mere handful of organizations actually gathering current events and spoon-feeding them to ignorant, over-paid, blow-dried Barbie and Ken dolls who pretend to be "journalists".
The point you mean is irrelevant. I have been aware of the word "gravitas" for decades.

The point you mean is irrelevant. I have been aware of the word "gravitas" for decades.
And you never heard it on TV news until the day Cheney was announced. Then you heard it from every talking head for the next 24 hours. The point I mean stands, the talking heads on TV are not "journalists", they read from the same script.

Forum List

Back