Democrats backing off idea of expanding the Supreme Court.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...panding-supreme-court/ar-BB19kTel?ocid=msnews

Finally some sanity appears to be prevailing. I'll be honest that was one of my biggest worries about this upcoming election and the aftermath.

It would take a congressional act to increase the number, so the Democrats probably realize that they're not going to control both Houses of Congress.

They have a serious chance of doing so. I can only hope the GOP hangs on to the Senate because if Trump wins reelection historical trends strongly suggest they will certainly lose the Senate in 2022. Not even Reagan could hold on to the Senate in his 6th year in office.

What one says and what one does might be different. Sounds as if they are trying to appease voters, as Bloomberg works with a wad of cash to influence the election. They don't want his money to be burned when people are frightened of a packed court of AOC approved judges and vote accordingly.

If the D's capture both houses of Congress and Sleepy Joe schlongs President Trump, they'll pack the court anyhow. They just don't see this as a winning policy to run on.
Exactly! That strategy simply doesn't poll well...will not stop them if given the chance to do so.
so far anything seen as a one sided power grab by changing existing rules, well it isn't going well with most people.

not all people are emotionally imbalanced and must have the world revolve around their emotions.

No they not. They just saying they are. They been wanting to do it for years. They want to abolish the electoral college too. They want super delegates in the general election like they have in their primaries so they can seize power from all the voters not just their dumb ones that let that shit happen. They do not want anything to do with the constitution even though they hide behind it constantly because they know republicans abide by it for the most part. They want laws like the tax hike amendment in IL up for vote that takes representation from taxation. One of the very basic reasons our country was formed. They want everything run out of NYC and CA they do not want us hillbilly rednecks that do all the work to have anything. Either you have to be one of their elite or one of the people they buy with entitlements everyone else can die for all they care.

A few centrist Dems are cautioning against stacking, and they will be ignored.

The Republicans will never again be permitted to threaten America's greatness and liberties.

I laugh

Democrats have seen the polling that the overwhelming majority do not agree with them on destroying the system.
Not unlike the polling that showed that they didn't agree with the Democrats supporting the destruction of their cities.

In each case - they were getting their ass kicked.

America's greatness is secured and protected by Republicans.
No worries, all is well.

Democrats would do it if they thought they could get away with it
They do not even care about that anymore. They are fully out of the closet communists now. They have played their hand fully. Either the people are stupid enough to believe their bullshit or the party is dead. I am betting the people not that stupid and looking at what they are proposing and have done in the past. They see the Democrats proposals and realize they do not want to just seize power from the republicans but the people themselves.

Forum List

Back