Democrats are Becoming Whiter, Republicans Darker

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Politics change and shift over the years. About 50 years ago we started seeing the shift of the southern states leaving their 100 year old Democratic roots and start migrating to the Republicans. Now we're a seeing a new shift. Democrats are gaining among white suburbanites, particularly women, while Republicans are peeling away Hispanic and minority voters. Democrats are becoming the "party of the rich," while Republicans have made big inroads with the blue collar working class.

Shifts in the demographics of the two parties' supporters — taking place before our eyes — are arguably the biggest political story of our time.

The big picture: Republicans are becoming more working class and a little more multiracial. Democrats are becoming more elite and a little more white.

What's happening: Democratic strategists say the party's biggest vulnerability is assuming that the priorities of progressive activists are the same as those of working-class voters.

• Progressive activists led the push to cut police budgets. Communities of color have borne the brunt of higher crime.
  • Hispanics living on the U.S.-Mexico border are more likely to favor tougher border security measures that Republicans have championed.
  • The recall of liberal school board members and a district attorney in San Francisco was fueled by disillusioned Asian-American Democrats.
Between the lines: Add the reality of growing inflation and worries of recession, and you see why Democrats are losing ground with a core part of their coalition.

• Wealthier Americans aren’t feeling the day-to-day hardship hitting the working class.
  • This week's Times/Siena poll found affluent voters care about gun control and abortion rights. Working-class voters are squarely focused on the economy.

The striking similarity extends to several other cultural questions as well. Hispanics’ overwhelming rejection of the idea of “systemic racism” (58%) almost exactly mirrored that of working-class voters as a whole (57%).

Whether the issue is transgenderism (they’re strongly against it), funding for police departments (they’re strongly for it), or the belief that hard work generates success in one’s personal life (they strongly espouse it), Hispanics, again and again, look just like the “working class” in their attitudes and not at all like “progressives.”

Even when they aren’t identical to “working class” attitudes, Hispanic attitudes remain vastly different from those of “strong progressives.” On immigration, for example, 97% of “strong progressives” favor easier immigration over tougher enforcement. Hispanics are evenly divided on the question, 44% to 47%.

Despite these noticeable changes the Democrat Party seems content to die on the hill of CRT, systemic racism, environmental alarmism, and transgender activism even if means losing a large chunk of their voting base that they once thought would bring them a permanent majority.

Last edited:
I am still registered as a Democrat but only vote for a few on local races. The party has gotten more and more elitist and adopting more of a Fascist ideology. Its not the party of my parents and grandparents anymore. I would like to see a revolt inside the party and more of the moderate to conservative and old liberal wings of the party take control.

I am still registered as a Democrat but only vote for a few on local races. The party has gotten more and more elitist and adopting more of a Fascist ideology. Its not the party of my parents and grandparents anymore. I would like to see a revolt inside the party and more of the moderate to conservative and old liberal wings of the party take control.

I saw a Democratic strategist on tv a few weeks ago who said that the Democrats went from being the party of the factory floor to the party of the faculty lounge.

You see that a lot.
My parents were democrats so I'm a democrat.
I know two people that have that thought process and neither of them even follow politics and have no idea whats really going on.
They get small bits and pieces from the MSM and thats it.

I saw a Democratic strategist on tv a few weeks ago who said that the Democrats went from being the party of the factory floor to the party of the faculty lounge.
Truth.

The movers and shakers of the dems are mostly leftist ivy league graduates....They are the ones formulating policy.

If you look at every ill the dems have foisted upon us since Clinton you will find a leftist ivy leaguer at it's root.

95% of last year's Harvard graduates IDed as progressives in their exit surveys.

Of course politicians love collecting ivy league graduates for their staffs, even bragging on how many they have and that is how they work their way into the .gov and keep popping up for years afterwards in the I-L pipeline..

Married Americans More Likely to Vote Republican

Feb 14, 2021 · This past November, married Americans and communities with more married men and women were markedly more likely to vote Republican. "You see this trend across the board, and there's a very strong association …

Economic Demographics of Republicans & Conservatives

Jan 09, 2018 · Sixty percent of married men vote Republican, along with 55 percent of married women. Additionally, 53 percent of families with children younger than 18 identify as Republican. This focus on traditional family values …

The Democrats accuse married women who vote Republicans of being Stepford Wives.
Hillary Clinton even accused women who vote Republican of being told how to vote by their Husbands.
I don't believe it.
Husbands know better than to tell their Wives how to vote.
The Republican Party attracts people who want a stable, descent culture to raise a family in.
The Democrat Party attracts the most single women who feel insecure and women who have been radicalized to loath men and to loath being wives and mothers.

The Democrat Party tells Minorities that all of their problems are caused by the eeeeevilll white oppressors.
There is a daily bombardment of this message coming from the Media and Hollywood all of the time.
The truth is that most people create their own problems.
Maybe there is a real awakening going on.

Neither party is out there for the average working american. It's about the mighty donors.
I can't argue with you there. Once federal employees unionized and gave themselves near immunity from being fired, once Congress became populated with professional politicians who look to their own interests instead of those they represent, much emphasis is on keeping the big donors funneling the millions to them. And because for decades the radical left has been infiltrating the government at all levels, media, education, scientific institutions, and even religious groups, they control most of the message and most of the process.

Further Congress has the power to help or hurt big business with the legislation it passes, and via threats or suggestions or innuendo can force big business to adopt far left policies and keep the money flowing to the politicians' super pacs and campaigns.

The only REAL difference between Republicans and Democrats is the constituency each serves and therefore the kinds of bones they throw to keep the masses quiet.

The Democrats are largely reinforced by all that and believe their power remains in promoting CRT, unlimited abortion, open borders, pushing leftist social issues ahead of all other concerns, acquiescing to Marxist groups like BLM, etc., defunding police, leniency re lawbreakers, confiscating guns, destroying or rewriting history, and otherwise breaking down what is left of the traditional values and concepts that have made America the great country that it is. And their constituency defends, applauds, and votes for them in the belief that a more traditional America and the GOP are the spawn of all that is greedy, hateful, evil, wrong.

The GOP serves the average American who just wants the government off his/her back as much as possible and allow him/her to prosper and support a family as much as possible. Such people are almost universally more traditional and conservative in their ideology and values regardless of their skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or other variables and they want to be allowed to live in societies that represent that ideology and those values. They resent highly when the left forces Marxist/leftist ideology, mandates, culture onto them. That includes many Asians, black and brown people who have traditionally been Democrat but are beginning to see the bigger picture with things as bad as they were under Obama and especially Biden and who are beginning to admit it was much better under Trump.

I was once a Democrat. But the party left me. I am not enamored with the GOP either, but at least I much MUCH prefer the kinds of bones they throw at their constituency.

I grew up republican and changed later in life to democrat. It seems that repukes just want for themselves and have a screwyou attitude for everyone else.

Politics change and shift over the years. About 50 years ago we started seeing the shift of the southern states leaving their 100 year old Democratic roots and start migrating to the Republicans. Now we're a seeing a new shift. Democrats are gaining among white suburbanites, particularly women, while Republicans are peeling away Hispanic and minority voters. Democrats are becoming the "party of the rich," while Republicans have made big inroads with the blue collar working class.

Despite these noticeable changes the Democrat Party seems content to die on the hill of CRT, systemic racism, environmental alarmism, and transgender activism even if means losing a large chunk of their voting base that they once thought would bring them a permanent majority.
Yes, democrats have made it policy for many years now to help everyone they can at the expense of white people. Meanwhile, many minorities are beginning to see the light that Democrats have been using them to get votes while not representing them once in office. And, many have also seen that liberal policies aren't really helping them.

Is the war on Christmas still on for this year?
The Democrat Party tells Minorities that all of their problems are caused by the eeeeevilll white oppressors.
There is a daily bombardment of this message coming from the Media and Hollywood all of the time.
The truth is that most people create their own problems.
Maybe there is a real awakening going on.

Forum List

Back