Democrats admit they haven't used due process

It is my personal belief that 99% of the nation's problems could be solved by one small action that 99% of politicians can't begin to imagine.

#1. Term limits

#2. Problem solved
Well, we also need to stop the revolving doors and iron triangles. The regulatory capture is what has given us this Covid bullshit.

Once their term is done, they need to be barred from working in regulatory agencies or in industries which they had once made laws or regulations over. Otherwise? The corruption WILL continue. We can all probably guess where "Dr." Fauci is going to land next.

Schiff lied so many times during that whole process that his word that 'Republicans and/or counsel were invited to be there' simply doesn't hold up. He repeatedly, on camera, said he had absolute proof of Trump's collusion and improper conduct, but to this day has yet to produce one shred of that evidence. We are supposed to believe him when he tells us who was invited?

LOL This is your proof? All it is proving is that both sides play dirty. According to your first post - only Dems play dirty. So, doesn't this link undermine your whole reason for starting this thread? Do you know how to read? It doesn't look like it when you post stuff that does not back up your claims.

But, coming down to the point in this post that Schiff lied or not... My link had nothing to do with any quotes from Schiff. I was responding to your post that Dems did not provide due process - My link showed:
  • But members of three committees — both Democrats and Republicans — participated.
  • the right to access evidence and … the right to have counsel present at hearings.” The committee chair invited Trump and his lawyers to participate, but they declined.
You said it wasn't true. Now go back and do some research to prove me wrong. And next time, read before posting. Will help you look less of a fool. Good luck. :itsok:

It is my personal belief that 99% of the nation's problems could be solved by one small action that 99% of politicians can't begin to imagine.

#1. Term limits

#2. Problem solved
There are some with experience and expertise and who love the job that I would have having to mandatorily retire. So I would solve the problem by:

All elected and appointed government officials must put any investments or other sources of income into a blind trust for as long as they are in government service and and no buying or selling will be allowed during their term of office. No representative can vote or speak on any legislation in which he or she has a financial interest. Those who do business directly with the federal government must divest themselves of those businesses or be ineligible to run for an elected position..

2. No elected or appointed government official may accept any speaking fees, gifts of value, royalties for projects done while in office, or otherwise profit from their position other than their salaries.

3. Any congressional member taking money from super pacs or campaign funds for personal use will be immediately expelled. (That would be less likely under my system, however, as I doubt it would require millions & millions to get elected.)

4. Congressional members will contribute to their own 401ks or IRAs and will get their health care coverages through the same sources the rest of us have to use. There will be no federal retirement benefits or healthcare coverage when they leave office.

Those rules would pretty well term limit most in Congress but allow those who do love the job to stay in office if they can keep getting elected. Most importantly it would ensure that we would again elect true public servants to public office rather than the professional politicians and opportunists that we mostly get now.

And I am pretty sure there would be very little of no due process that we are experiencing now.

Try doing some more research instead of relying on a site which constantly, gratefully not always, wants to make Democrats look bad, unpatriotic, destructive, etc, etc.

Then, we can get to the truth about the FBI, etc.
You don't expect conservatives to read past the headlines of what the cite do you?

LOL This is your proof? All it is proving is that both sides play dirty. According to your first post - only Dems play dirty. So, doesn't this link undermine your whole reason for starting this thread? Do you know how to read? It doesn't look like it when you post stuff that does not back up your claims.

But, coming down to the point in this post that Schiff lied or not... My link had nothing to do with any quotes from Schiff. I was responding to your post that Dems did not provide due process - My link showed:
  • But members of three committees — both Democrats and Republicans — participated.
  • the right to access evidence and … the right to have counsel present at hearings.” The committee chair invited Trump and his lawyers to participate, but they declined.
You said it wasn't true. Now go back and do some research to prove me wrong. And next time, read before posting. Will help you look less of a fool. Good luck. :itsok:
Appears "Foxfyre" simply repeats rightwing talking points as presented on the Faux Noise channel. Fox + fire. Smells of Tucker. Stinks like Hannity.. Who's that bored and shallow aside from our cultivated collection of hopelessly deranged old farts? Perhaps a professional?

Forum List

Back