Democratic voters hope election day means Democrats will stop texting them!

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
This totally rings true for me even though I'm and Indy and not a Democrat. I learned early on NOT to give out my cell phone number when I make a donation. I've been getting 3-5 texts a day. Each time I block the caller but they just keep coming! :confused:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Democratic voters are anxiously awaiting Election Day in the hope that Democratic candidates and activists will finally stop texting them, a new poll shows.​
In conversations with Democratic voters across the country, “No longer being texted by Democrats” has emerged as one of the most important issues to them in the 2020 campaign.​
“Don’t get me wrong: I love the fact that they’re trying to end this Trump nightmare,” Carol Foyler, a Democratic voter in New Hampshire, said. “I’m just not sure that I need to be reminded five times a day to vote when I voted by mail a month ago.”​
Harland Dorrinson, who lives in Las Vegas, agreed. “I got a phone call in the middle of the night, and my heart raced because I thought it might be a family emergency,” he said. “It was just Joe Biden telling me that he and Kamala need my support.”​
Tracy Klugian, a resident of Des Moines, said that, while he appreciated the texts from Democrats at first, “It now feels like borderline stalking.”​
“They keep texting me because I donated twenty-five dollars to defeat Joni Ernst a few months ago,” he said. “But I guess now I feel like—oh, wait a second, I’m getting a call. Never mind, it’s just Barack Obama.”​

You are an indy to the eaxact same degree that the Pope is Nondemoninational.

Nope, I changed my status from D to I after the 2016 election. The DNC has their head up their ass and Tom Perez hasn't helped that status much more than Little Debbie Wasserman and Donna Brazile did.

This will be the first election of my life in which I didn't vote for a single Republican at least in the local down ballot races. You can thank the undying fealty of Republicans toward Rump for that!

Indy? Is that like saying every democrat in the House of Representatives in an independent also?

You are an indy to the eaxact same degree that the Pope is Nondemoninational.

Nope, I changed my status from D to I after the 2016 election. The DNC has their head up their ass and Tom Perez hasn't helped that status much more than Little Debbie Wasserman did.

This will be the first election of my life in which I didn't vote for a single Republican at least in the local down ballot races. You can thank the undying fealty of Republicans toward Rump for that!

There is sure nothing quite like voting a straight Democrat ticket to prove to everybody here that you are an independant.

This totally rings true for me even though I'm and Indy and not a Democrat. I learned early on NOT to give out my cell phone number when I make a donation. I've been getting 3-5 texts a day. Each time I block the caller but they just keep coming! :confused:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Democratic voters are anxiously awaiting Election Day in the hope that Democratic candidates and activists will finally stop texting them, a new poll shows.​
In conversations with Democratic voters across the country, “No longer being texted by Democrats” has emerged as one of the most important issues to them in the 2020 campaign.​
“Don’t get me wrong: I love the fact that they’re trying to end this Trump nightmare,” Carol Foyler, a Democratic voter in New Hampshire, said. “I’m just not sure that I need to be reminded five times a day to vote when I voted by mail a month ago.”​
Harland Dorrinson, who lives in Las Vegas, agreed. “I got a phone call in the middle of the night, and my heart raced because I thought it might be a family emergency,” he said. “It was just Joe Biden telling me that he and Kamala need my support.”​
Tracy Klugian, a resident of Des Moines, said that, while he appreciated the texts from Democrats at first, “It now feels like borderline stalking.”​
“They keep texting me because I donated twenty-five dollars to defeat Joni Ernst a few months ago,” he said. “But I guess now I feel like—oh, wait a second, I’m getting a call. Never mind, it’s just Barack Obama.”​

Funny, I haven't received a single text from the Democrats. I have received on phone call and that was if I would want to contribute my time. But that's it. Meanwhile, my mailbox is crammed with Political garbage from various Republican groups. Most are wrought with lies.

Funny, I haven't received a single text from the Democrats. I have received on phone call and that was if I would want to contribute my time. But that's it. Meanwhile, my mailbox is crammed with Political garbage from various Republican groups. Most are wrought with lies.

You've probably not made donations in which you provided a cell phone (which is not mandatory on ActBlue). I used to get questionnaires from the RNC and completed them with all the answers they didn't wanna hear.

They took me off their list :D

There is sure nothing quite like voting a straight Democrat ticket to prove to everybody here that you are an independant.

And how did you vote Doggie? Or are you one of those irresponsible clowns who plans to stand in a long, maskless line on Tuesday? :)

You've probably not made donations in which you provided a cell phone (which is not mandatory on ActBlue). I used to get questionnaires from the RNC and completed them with all the answers they didn't wanna hear.

My donations are all to the Lincoln Project and I told the Democrats that. I doubt I am very high on their mailing list. And the Party of the Rump still believes that they can convert me. And that is really, really stupid.

My donations are all to the Lincoln Project and I told the Democrats that. I doubt I am very high on their mailing list. And the Party of the Rump still believes that they can convert me. And that is really, really stupid.

Yep, Lincoln Project, VoteVets and Republican Voters Against Trump are all recipients of my donations. None of those groups have been spamming my phone with text messages.

an independent has problems with both parties,you have problems with only one party......you never say anything even remotely negative about the democrats.....

And how did you vote Doggie? Or are you one of those irresponsible clowns who plans to stand in a long, maskless line on Tuesday? :)
I vote for a number of different people.

I plan on voting for Trump, and plan on voting against Kate Brown the first chance I get. I will be voting for peter DeFasio, however, as I have always found him to be very supportive of small businesses like mine.

Forum List

Back