Democratic Party is very smart

I find your statement racist. All jokes aside. You're saying white people are smarter and understand voting law and how to garner an ID better than black people. That is at best disgusting.
You fucking asshole. i was agreeing with YOU...and noting that the current crop of Republicans (Georgia and Texas for example) do as well...which is why they are trying to LIMIT the black vote
They aren’t trying to limit anything. You’re disgusting.
ShortBus, Georgia's laws are absolutely designed to limit registered voters' ability to vote.
Explain how, you OCD ridden fat fuck. They actually expanded the days that voters may vote.

Since I was born there has been zero progress but you are much older than me.

the election of a black man in 2008 isn't progress?
His mother is white. And no. Zero progress. BLM rose under Obama, the wealth gap was never closed, inner cities are still disasters, not one student proficient in math in Baltimore’s 13 high schools. Boyz N the Hood came out when I was 11. I am 40, and nothing has changed for the black community in LA. When African Americans do become affluent they move into white and or Jewish neighborhoods.

All of the above cannot be refuted.

When you post "all of the above cannot be refuted", you're an idiot because all of the above can be refuted. What do you know about the black community in LA, when you live in Boston? The two cities are as different as night and day.

When anyone becomes affluent they move out of the crap neighbourhoods and into areas with decent schools, housing and recreational facilities. But much has changed. There is a large and thriving black middle class - the children and grandchildren of affirmative action college admissions in the 60's and 70's and the success stories of Johnson's War on Poverty.

Black Poverty more than cut in half by Johnson's War on Poverty, and the rise in wealth and power by the new rising black middle class is the reason why Reagan couldn't wait to end the social programs and affirmative action programs which enabled it.

You decry the failure to close the wealth gap. That wealth gap was much, much smaller when you were born and is entirely the product of Republican tax policies which tilted the economic plate so that all wealth flows to the top 10%. Republicanism has all but eliminated social mobility for those born poor.

Today, 20% of black people live in poverty. That's a far cry from the more than 40% living in poverty when I was growing up, but evidence of the lack of ongoing racism and lack of opportunities for black citizens. That also means that 80% of black people aren't living in poverty and that's where the problem lies.

Working and middle class black people are sick and tired of being racially profiled, and killed simply because they're black. Black professionals are afraid to leave the house unless wearing office attire.

One man's wife said her "teddy bear" of a husband went to the local 7/11 to get milk one night and a white woman thought he looked "suspicious", called the police and then pulled a gun on the man until the cops arrived. When the police arrived, they immediately pulled their guns and things got very tense. If their neighbour - a white lawyer, had not happened along to the scene, it could easily have become another hashtag moment. The "suspicious looking" black man is a chartered accountant, husband and father, wearing a golf shirt.

Another black professional posted that Amazon had left a package on his front porch for the house two blocks over - by mistake. There is no telephone listing for these people. He would return this package to its rightful owner, but as a black man in a racially mixed neighbourhood, it isn't safe for him to go knock on his neighbour's door, and it certainly isn't safe to said one of his teenage sons to do it either. So the package will not get to its rightful owner.

Black Lives Matter exists because unarmed black men keep getting killed in their encounters with police no matter what they do. And because of cell phone cameras, and public media, the whole world now knows that has really been going on with policing in America.

And THAT has changed everything.
Also provide some links. 40% lived in poverty in 1980? LOL

I'm 71. I grew up in the 1950's and 1960's. By 1980, I had finished school, been married and divorced, had two school aged children, and was picking up the pieces of my life after my second house was destroyed in a F4 tornado in 1979.
And that proves that 40% lived in poverty? Divorced? You? Shocking....

I find your statement racist. All jokes aside. You're saying white people are smarter and understand voting law and how to garner an ID better than black people. That is at best disgusting.
You fucking asshole. i was agreeing with YOU...and noting that the current crop of Republicans (Georgia and Texas for example) do as well...which is why they are trying to LIMIT the black vote
ShortBus, Georgia's laws are absolutely designed to limit registered voters' ability to vote.
Explain how, you OCD ridden fat fuck. They actually expanded the days that voters may vote.
They expanded early voting in small counties, which tend to lean right; but not in large counties like Fulton which tend to lean left.

They reduced the period of time voters can request mail-in ballots. In larger counties, which tend to lean left, they greatly reduced the number of drop off boxes. They reduced the number of voting centers. They're causing lines to be longer where Democrats vote and banning others from giving them water while they wait in long lines.

They expanded early voting in small counties, which tend to lean right; but not in large counties like Fulton which tend to lean left.

They reduced the period of time voters can request mail-in ballots. In larger counties, which tend to lean left, they greatly reduced the number of drop off boxes. They reduced the number of voting centers. They're causing lines to be longer where Democrats vote and banning others from giving them water while they wait in long lines.
Link please

Link please
Senate Bill 202

Oh for the love of--

Are y'all still bumping this topic?

Listen, "The Democratic Party is very smart" was sarcasm. Sarcasm is usually good to be used when rooted in reality.

Except, oh wait...we control the Executive and Legislative branches of the government and just won an election. So...yes, the Democratic Party is smart.

Link please
Senate Bill 202
LOL you’re such a lazy OCD ridden fat fuck. How is this racist? From your own link.

One of the central components of SB 202 is an ID requirement for absentee voting.

Currently, all that was required was that voters sign an application, with signature matching processes used to verify the identity of the potential voter. Now, absentee voters will be required to provide some form of identification, whether it be a driver’s license, state ID number, or other form of identification.

“Any person applying for an absentee-by-mail ballot shall make application in writing on the form made available by the Secretary of State. In order to confirm the identity of the voter, such form shall require the elector to provide his or her name, date of birth, address as registered, address where the elector wishes the ballot to be mailed, and the number of his or her Georgia driver’s license or identification card – 35 – LC 28 0325S issued pursuant to Article 5 of Chapter 5 of Title 40,” the bill declares. “If such elector does not have a Georgia driver’s license or identification card issued pursuant to Article 5 of Chapter 5 of Title 40, the elector shall affirm this fact in the manner prescribed in the application and the elector shall provide a copy of a form of identification listed in subsection (c) of Code Section 21-2-417. The form made available by the Secretary of State shall include a space to affix a photocopy or electronic image of such identification. The Secretary of State shall develop a method to allow secure electronic transmission of such form.”

Oh for the love of--

Are y'all still bumping this topic?

Listen, "The Democratic Party is very smart" was sarcasm. Sarcasm is usually good to be used when rooted in reality.

Except, oh wait...we control the Executive and Legislative branches of the government and just won an election. So...yes, the Democratic Party is smart.
It wasn’t sarcasm, prancing Nancy boy.

So you really think the Democratic party is smart? oh okay. well then we kinda agree. They can be smart sometimes.

They ram-rodded Hillary instead of Bernie in 2016 which was not smart. But in 2020 they made a smart decision choosing only person who could beat Trump.

So you really think the Democratic party is smart? oh okay. well then we kinda agree. They can be smart sometimes.

They ram-rodded Hillary instead of Bernie in 2016 which was not smart. But in 2020 they made a smart decision choosing only person who could beat Trump.
Your verbiage is funny. They are smart in guaranteeing 20 million plus black votes when they have done nothing to earn them except sell themselves well. That is impressive. No sarcasm.

LOL you’re such a lazy OCD ridden fat fuck. How is this racist?
Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh:

Where did I say anything about race??

You said...

... to which I replied ...

No, you said it impacts Democrat voters more, OCD ridden fat fuck.

Your verbiage is funny. They are smart in guaranteeing 20 million plus black votes when they have done nothing to earn them except sell themselves well.
Th bolded is your issue...the part after that is your bullshit opinion

Your verbiage is funny. They are smart in guaranteeing 20 million plus black votes when they have done nothing to earn them except sell themselves well.
Th bolded is your issue...the part after that is your bullshit opinion
Calling them smart is also an opinion. This is an opinion forum. If Blacks truly felt better then Black Lives Matter would not have arisen in 2013. Remind me who was president then?

They are smart in guaranteeing 20 million plus black votes

All you care about are the 20 million black voters voting mostly Dem.

Everything else is bullshit

By pandering to the African American community by painting the GOP as racist the Democrats garner approximately 90% of the black vote. There are ~42 mil African Americans in the US. If say 30mil vote and 90% or 27 mil vote Democrat then the party has a huge advantage. Biden garnered ~7mil more votes than Trump but if Biden didn’t have such an overwhelming support from the African Americans community then the GOP candidate clearly wins. If the support goes from 90% to 75% then the GOP candidate wins.

Question for the GOP is how to garner those votes when the News Entertainment biased media perpetuates the racist narrative. Even Biden stated “If you don’t vote for me you ain’t black”. As the Democrats continue the mantra that the GOP is racist and give the African American voters scraps they continue to have their blind loyalty. Of course this works because if African Americans become successful and see how the Democrats rip off the middle class they can turn and vote GOP as only 10% currently do. But hopefully many open their eyes. But so far the Leftist strategy has worked very well. Kudos.

Thank you

So wait, wait, wait, let me get this straight.

The Democratic party has
-held the Presidency for almost the last 30 years, except Bush and Dumbfuck McGee for 4 years
- Just won the election

Whereas the Republican party has
- said Democracy is a fraud and "dead zombies voted"
- their politicians flying down to Florida to kiss the ring of a demented fatass blob

And you're going to come here and make a topic sarcastically saying the Democratic party are the "smart ones". No, dude, you're the smart ones.
Ya know...
2 Bush 41
8 Bush 43
4 His Cheetoness

= 14 years
16 is almost half of 30.

The mistruth affects your argument.
Clinton - Bush - Obama - Dumpster - 8 years of Biden

We've been under Democrats for a long time brah

Actually it's:

reagan, bush the first, Clinton, the bush boy, Obama, trump, now Biden.

All of the mess we have today started with reagan. Then made worse by each republican president after him. All four caused recession during their presidency. Each one of them causing the worst economic conditions since the last republican Great Depression.

In that time there were 4 republican presidents. Two of them served one term then the people of our nation kicked them out of office.

There have been 3 democratic presidents. Two of them served two terms leaving office with higher approval numbers than the presidents before them. As in Clinton left office with higher approval than the first bush. Obama left office with higher approval than the bush boy.

Biden has been president for just short of 3 months. It's very premature to say he's going to be there for 2 full terms. Time will answer that.

Since 1981, republicans have held the presidency for 24 years. Democrats have held the presidency for 16 years and almost 3 months.
Actually 41 was OK.
He attacked the deficit seriously.
Judiciously avoided invading Iraq.
Which is why republicans tossed him in 92. Too centrist. Too much governance. The crazy was already taking them.

I can't believe you don't remember that the first bush had our economy on the verge of collapse in 1992.

How can you forget the Clinton campaign slogan?

IT'S THE ECONOMY STUPID.

James Carville is the person who came up with that slogan.

No the first bush didn't tackle the deficit. Unless you call increasing the deficit and debt tackling it.

reagan handed the the first bush a budget deficit he exploded to 153 billion in 1989.

The budget deficit bush the first handed to Bill Clinton in 1993 was 255 billion. He added over 100 billion to the budget deficit in 4 years. Which compared to what the bush boy and trump did was not as bad but it's not tackling the deficit.

reagan handed the first bush a national debt he exploded to over 2.8 trillion dollars.

The first bush handed Clinton a national debt he exploded to over 4.2 trillion dollars. The first bush nearly doubled the national debt in 4 short years.

Yes he didn't go into Iraq. But his gulf war was mostly based on lies. Then when it was over, he set up an agreement with conditions that nearly guaranteed that we would invade Iraq. If the first bush had been reelected I have very little doubt he would have had us in Iraq. He was after the oil. Just like his son.

The reason why republicans didn't vote for the first bush in 1992 was because he said in 1988 "read my lips, no new taxes." Then after his gulf war, he raised taxes. But turned around in 1992 to talk about lowering taxes. He couldn't lower taxes through the congress so in February of that year, he announced he was giving Americans a tax cut by lowering the amount of money that was deducted from their paycheck but didn't lower anyone's tax percentage obligations. So millions of Americans who didn't increase their deductions on their pay, ended up owing money in taxes because not enough was taken out throughout the year because the first bush wanted to scam Americans in the election.

The fact is that the first bush was just bad too. No not as bad as trump or the bush boy but he was a bad president which is why he lost in 1992.
Take the googles off.
There was a war. There was the aftermath of war, recession.

Bush raised taxes to attack the deficit. He tried which no other Republican since Ike has done.

Yes he raised taxes but you are incorrect about taxes.

nixon raised taxes on the rich. It was nixon who signed the Alternative Minimum Tax law. It also which also closed loopholes on salary and wages income taxes. Also closed loopholes in the capital gains taxes.

All on the rich.

reagan first lowered taxes but it crashed the economy so he raised taxes on the rich and poor. I was one of those poor at the time. I had just gotten out of college in the middle of his worst economy since the last republican Great Depression and there were no jobs so I had to take a job on an assembly line. I had never paid taxes before but reagan raised the poverty line so that those who actually were in poverty paid taxes. Then in I think it was 1986, Reagan raised my taxes again by "simplifying" taxes. Which was to remove just about every deduction I had. The only thing he left for a person who didn't own much and not a business was interest on a home and the standard deduction for a person. Every time reagan "lowered" taxes, my taxes in creased. Most of reagan's tax cuts were for the wealthy, not the poor or middle class.

No the first bush wasn't the first to raise taxes since Eisenhower.

Just because he raised taxes to pay for his war, doesn't mean he tacked the deficit and debt. The fact that it wasn't decreased shows that.

If there had been a decrease in the deficit yes I would have agreed with you but that didn't happen. The first bush increased the deficit and debt.

The only reason why the numbers for his presidency aren't as bad is because he was there for only 4 years. Yet in those four years he added a lot to the deficit and debt.

My education is in accounting/finance so I'm much harder on presidents in regard to economics than other people.

Especially since he was followed by a president who raised taxes, cut spending, balanced the budget, created billions in surplus, repaid the money reagan and the first bush stole from social security and left a plan to have the reagan/bush national debt paid by 2010. That is a president who took on the deficit and debt.

Too bad the bush boy came after and totally messed everything up. He had us back to deficit spending with his first budget, that's before 9-11 and his wars so I don't accept that it was those two situations that caused the totally out of control spending by the bush boy.
Your goggles blind you.
Blinded you cannot see your errors nor can you change your path.

A good lawyer will take this to court with the 14th Amendment behind them.

Expanding voting in one area while decreasing voting in others is a very clear violation of the 14th Amendment.

Only decreasing drop boxes in some areas is also a violation of the 14th Amendment.

Reducing voting places in just certain areas is also a violation of the 14th Amendment.

Don't any of those fools in the Georgia congress ever actually read the constitution and all of the amendments?

A good lawyer will take this to court with the 14th Amendment behind them.

Expanding voting in one area while decreasing voting in others is a very clear violation of the 14th Amendment.

Only decreasing drop boxes in some areas is also a violation of the 14th Amendment.

Reducing voting places in just certain areas is also a violation of the 14th Amendment.

Don't any of those fools in the Georgia congress ever actually read the constitution and all of the amendments?
Says a failed photographer. Let’s take it to the Supreme Court and see what happens.

They are smart in guaranteeing 20 million plus black votes

All you care about are the 20 million black voters voting mostly Dem.

Everything else is bullshit
You’re a mind reader now? Explain how the black population is better off voting for one party?

Forum List

Back