Democratic leaders want the party to stop its Kamala Harris pile-on ahead of 2024

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
(CNN)Elizabeth Warren has called twice to apologize. Over a month later, Kamala Harris hasn't called back.

In a local Boston radio interview in late January, Warren was enthusiastic about President Joe Biden running for reelection but, asked if Biden should keep Harris as his running mate, she said, "I really want to defer to what makes Biden comfortable on his team."

The incident and its aftermath, different details of which were described to CNN by multiple people close to the Massachusetts senator and people close to the vice president, has fed an ongoing breakdown of accusations and purported misunderstandings.

"Pretty insulting," is how one person close to Harris described the feelings of many in the vice president's office and in her wider orbit.

Several people close to Warren said the senator was calling to explain her statement as purely a mistake -- a fumbling, unintentional attempt to avoid stepping on a campaign announcement from the president. A spokesperson for Warren pointed to the statement the senator issued hours after the original interview clarifying what she said, and an additional person close to Warren cited a personal and political relationship that goes back to being the first senator to endorse Harris for Senate and said of her support, "she didn't mean to imply otherwise.

Warren made her case to Harris' chief of staff Lorraine Voles, who returned the senator's call in place of Harris, a source familiar with the callback told CNN.

But the Warren moment is infuriating many in Harris's circle: To them, it's the latest in a long string of snubs to a vice president whom they say has never gotten the respect or support she deserves. Warren's words sting even more, they say, because they came from a former rival who in 2020 hoped to be picked as Biden's running mate instead.

Democratic leaders want the party to stop its Kamala Harris pile-on ahead of 2024

Kamala Harris...The Lennox Lewis of the dem political world....Always lookin' for respect.....It's pretty telling when Pocahontas dogs on ya. :laughing0301:

Screen_Shot_2022-10-03_at_3_38_22_PM-2550699.png

1587095316660-489.gif

Since Trump is pretty much going to get around 80% of the Primary votes here locally, some of us are thinking about voting in the Democratic primaries. I doubt Biden makes it, he's fading fast, so we think maybe Kamala should be nominated, unless some other even sillier lunatic is in the running by then.

Since Trump is pretty much going to get around 80% of the Primary votes here locally, some of us are thinking about voting in the Democratic primaries. I doubt Biden makes it, he's fading fast, so we think maybe Kamala should be nominated, unless some other even sillier lunatic is in the running by then.
Shit, Newsome will elbow his way to the front of that line in a hurry.

Elizabeth Warren did apologize. She stated it correctly that it is Biden's decision. If Warren does not belief Kamal should be his running mate then that is her belief and she is under no obligation to broadcast that belief. Its called being a team player. Yet some will misunderstand and change the optics of her statement to support there team.

Shit, Newsome will elbow his way to the front of that line in a hurry.
The Demonrats issue is in getting rid of Biden, or at least it appears that way.

I think that Biden has already chosen to step down, but the system won't allow him to admit it. That would be like handing a loaded gun to Trump.

Then of course, the problem is only transferred to Kamala on account of the dictates of the system.

Some way the D's have to get by the system's demands so that they can choose a possible winner. I think they've already covertly decided on Newsome.

First priorities are always going to be on matching the D choice against the R choice, based on personal appearance.

To me, Trump is a bit of a wild card on personal appearance. Age is not the factor on account of the obvious fact that Clint Eastwood could draw perhaps 40% without even opening his mouth. John Wayne's or Reagan's dead bodies could get better than 10%.

It's just what it is my friend.

It's Biden's choice thus it does not matter what others think....necessarily.

Forum List

Back