Democratic Egypt to Ban Bikinis, Beer and King Tut

clevergirl

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2009
So...yeah. Those freedom loving Egyptians wanting democracy in Egypt~

<SNIP>That personal inventory regarding the wrongness of my perturbation with the “democratic revolt” lasted about two days. I believe I second-guessed my naughty heart right up until two hundred “democracy seekers” gang raped CBS’s foreign correspondent Lara Logan. I thought that was a strange thing for lovers of democracy to do.

Oh, another thing that made me think that maybe I was dialed into what was truly going down was the Muslim Brotherhood started popping up all over the place, gaining control over the “secular” Egyptian military.
<SNIP>

link

So...yeah. Those freedom loving Egyptians wanting democracy in Egypt~

<SNIP>That personal inventory regarding the wrongness of my perturbation with the “democratic revolt” lasted about two days. I believe I second-guessed my naughty heart right up until two hundred “democracy seekers” gang raped CBS’s foreign correspondent Lara Logan. I thought that was a strange thing for lovers of democracy to do.

Oh, another thing that made me think that maybe I was dialed into what was truly going down was the Muslim Brotherhood started popping up all over the place, gaining control over the “secular” Egyptian military.
<SNIP>

link

It will be interesting to see how long they can keep that "tiny" fraction of islamic terrorists from blowing up the pyramids and Egyptian monuments from eons ago, so they can preach that islamists were there "first". The ones that are into straight up deceit will have a harder time they are the 'religion of peace' when the death and destruction team takes over in Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Syria, Yemen, and those other dictatorships that are being overthrown.

Egypt is becoming more of an Islamic theocracy by the day, the bikini clad honeys and the beer has to go if they want this to go full circle, its only a matter of time until their burning the American flag in the streets.

Egypt is becoming more of an Islamic theocracy by the day, the bikini clad honeys and the beer has to go if they want this to go full circle, its only a matter of time until their burning the American flag in the streets.

Are you starting a betting pool?

We might as well let them do it. People seem to love these islamic rules when they are implemented, but 20-30 years later they get tired of it, or more importantly, thier kids get tired of it. Look at Iran, where the only thing stopping a counter-revolution is the iron clad fists of the state forces, and the small contingent of true believers at the top of the government.

If we try to stop it from happening we will be blamed for anything else that goes wrong with Egypt's internal poltics. Best to let them do it on thier own, and give Israel some more aid to to build a 20ft high 10ft thick concrete wall on thier border at the sinai pennisula.

Are you starting a betting pool?

Why not? the smart money is on Egypt becoming an Islamic theocracy dominated by the Muslim Brotherhood.

We might as well let them do it. People seem to love these islamic rules when they are implemented, but 20-30 years later they get tired of it, or more importantly, thier kids get tired of it. Look at Iran, where the only thing stopping a counter-revolution is the iron clad fists of the state forces, and the small contingent of true believers at the top of the government.

If we try to stop it from happening we will be blamed for anything else that goes wrong with Egypt's internal poltics. Best to let them do it on thier own, and give Israel some more aid to to build a 20ft high 10ft thick concrete wall on thier border at the sinai pennisula.

You are right, if the people want to live in a third world shit hole dominated by Islam we should let them.

It is just indicative of the times we are in. When the economic atmosphere is distressed over a long period of time radical change becomes popular like Nazism and Fascism. Extremist religious zeal also makes inroads. It is during these times that wars are born, WWII for one, because the people who come to power become corrupted that power.

The world is becoming a powder-keg and the unrest in the Middle East is bringing about change, a change we as westerners may not like. The next war may not be nation-v-nation but religion based and those kind of conflicts are very deadly and destructive. Armageddon?? Perhaps we are not far off from that scenario, at least for the Middle East.

You are right, if the people want to live in a third world shit hole dominated by Islam we should let them.

Only if they vote it in themselves, and only if the regime doesn't prevent those who want to leave from leaving. I see a mass exodus of moderate Egyptians if this goes through.

Only if they vote it in themselves, and only if the regime doesn't prevent those who want to leave from leaving. I see a mass exodus of moderate Egyptians if this goes through.

Islamic theocracies are rarely voted in, often the group with the most power and arms will enforce it. You are spot on about the Egyptian moderates making a run for door though, most of Egypts Christians will leave also.

Islamic theocracies are rarely voted in, often the group with the most power and arms will enforce it. You are spot on about the Egyptian moderates making a run for door though, most of Egypts Christians will leave also.

True, maybe egypt will be a test case to see if one does get voted in. Look at Turkey, which has been electing more and more theocrats over time. Turkey hasn't gone totally Islamic due to the secular nature of the military, and its track record of coups to reign in governments it doesnt like.

True, maybe egypt will be a test case to see if one does get voted in. Look at Turkey, which has been electing more and more theocrats over time. Turkey hasn't gone totally Islamic due to the secular nature of the military, and its track record of coups to reign in governments it doesnt like.

Yeah its possible for the Egyptians to vote in a theocratic regime, they are not as enlightened as we like to think, most of them are simple minded and their culture is dominated by Islam, Pakistan also would be a case where a theocracy could be voted in. Well if their gonna put the noose around their neck thats their business, I just don't want us giving them billions of dollars anymore if they do go that route.

New Topics

Forum List

Back