Democratic Bloggers Plan to 'Google Bomb' Controversial 9/11 Docudrama

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Thursday, September 07, 2006
By Brit Hume

Dropping a "Google Bomb"

Democratic Web loggers are so upset by that ABC 9/11 movie that they've planned an Internet attack — known as a Google Bomb — to make sure their view of the film dominates the Web.

Activists on Democratic-Underground.com have urged every Democratic blogger to post identical entries after the movie airs, all featuring the film's title, so that any Internet search for the movie will turn up a liberal blog highlighting what they say are multiple inaccuracies in the film.

If the plan works, bloggers say they'll be prepared to utilize the technique "at every turn" between now and November.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,212847,00.html

I've been lurking over there and they certainly are threatening this and a lot of other shit..Their going ape shit over this...
I guess freedom of speech is only when it's critical of the Republicans...

:bsflag:

Thursday, September 07, 2006
By Brit Hume

Dropping a "Google Bomb"

Democratic Web loggers are so upset by that ABC 9/11 movie that they've planned an Internet attack — known as a Google Bomb — to make sure their view of the film dominates the Web.

Activists on Democratic-Underground.com have urged every Democratic blogger to post identical entries after the movie airs, all featuring the film's title, so that any Internet search for the movie will turn up a liberal blog highlighting what they say are multiple inaccuracies in the film.

If the plan works, bloggers say they'll be prepared to utilize the technique "at every turn" between now and November.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,212847,00.html

I've been lurking over there and they certainly are threatening this and a lot of other shit..Their going ape shit over this...
I guess freedom of speech is only when it's critical of the Republicans...

:bsflag:

Maturity in action !:rotflmao:

if they think this is going to help them win then let them keep doing it.

The party that has lived by the spin and the lie for so long, is now facing death by the spin. Who can blame them for trying so hard to change what people take away from this docu-drama? All they have is the manufactured impression of what they want people to think about their hero's 8-year administration - an impression that facts do not serve kindly. So they must pour on the propaganda in every way possible, to block out those irritating, inconvenient facts.

One way will be to pick out minor scenes where ABC admittedly made up dialogue to increase drama without substantially changing the theme of what happened. The desperate Dems will scream bloody murder over the dialogue, and hope that people will concentrate on that while forgetting about the bulk of the movie they can't refute.

And they'll even try to manipulate search engines to pretend more attention should be paid to their own propaganda than to the movie itself.

If they had tried as hard to get bin Laden as they are trying now to cover up their failures, 9/11 might never have happened at all. But as it is, they're going to wear out the barrel now, scraping the bottom so long and hard.

You can disregard any Democrats opinion on Free Speech after this display (if you ever had any respect for their opinions on Free Speech to begin with). Senate Democrats threatening to remove ABC's license if they air the 9/11 movie is by far the ultimate insult to the first ammendment in the history of this country. Who does that remind you of? If you answered the Soviet Union, you'd be correct.

I dont give 2 shits about this movie but the Communist Censorship that is on display here by ELECTED US OFFICIALS is so ridiculously unconstitutional i don't know what country im living in anymore.

Senator Harry Reid's own words.

http://reid.senate.gov/newsroom/record.cfm?id=262624&&year=2006&

We write with serious concerns about the planned upcoming broadcast of The Path to 9/11 mini-series on September 10 and 11. Countless reports from experts on 9/11 who have viewed the program indicate numerous and serious inaccuracies that will undoubtedly serve to misinform the American people about the tragic events surrounding the terrible attacks of that day. Furthermore, the manner in which this program has been developed, funded, and advertised suggests a partisan bent unbecoming of a major company like Disney and a major and well respected news organization like ABC. We therefore urge you to cancel this broadcast to cease Disney’s plans to use it as a teaching tool in schools across America through Scholastic. Presenting such deeply flawed and factually inaccurate misinformation to the American public and to children would be a gross miscarriage of your corporate and civic responsibility to the law, to your shareholders, and to the nation.

The Communications Act of 1934 provides your network with a free broadcast license predicated on the fundamental understanding of your principle obligation to act as a trustee of the public airwaves in serving the public interest. Nowhere is this public interest obligation more apparent than in the duty of broadcasters to serve the civic needs of a democracy by promoting an open and accurate discussion of political ideas and events.

Talk about using it when it suits your own needs, eh.

numerous and serious inaccuracies that will undoubtedly serve to misinform the American people

Hell, man - it sounds like just another day at the office for the MSM/DNC...

numerous and serious inaccuracies that will undoubtedly serve to misinform the American people

Hell, man - it sounds like just another day at the office for the MSM/DNC...

No joke--if we could ever squeeze the REAL truth out of them, they would have to leave the country.

No joke--if we could ever squeeze the REAL truth out of them, they would have to leave the country.

On Judgement Day, I imagine I'm going to be fairly preoccupied with my own problems. But, I have to admit, I'll be sneaking a peek out the corner of my eye at Bill Clinton. I've GOT to see how the Teflon Don spins his way out of THIS one!

On Judgement Day, I imagine I'm going to be fairly preoccupied with my own problems. But, I have to admit, I'll be sneaking a peek out the corner of my eye at Bill Clinton. I've GOT to see how the Teflon Don spins his way out of THIS one!

I'd be turning thier censorship into a campaign issue in a heartbeat.

I'd be turning thier censorship into a campaign issue in a heartbeat.

Absolutely - their actions speak volumes on this. Sandy Berger might as well have stayed home and let his WIFE stuff things down his pants, for all he has ultimately accomplished. America is not as stupid as the Dems would like to believe.

Forum List

Back