Democrat Want's to Replace Police With Unarmed Teams. OMFG! Laughable

It's going to happen. We are going to change the way we operate our police forces. We are behind other first world countries in this regard already.

It's not going to happen, our country is way to big

It's already starting.

Again, NPR did a story on this. I think it was in Georgia. The program of sending out social workers is having mixed results. I'll look for a link to the story.

I have no doubt that initially there will be mixed results. It will take time to find the proper levels and the way to do this.

I wonder why conservatives argue against having the police actually enforcing laws instead of being social workers which is what they are when they are breaking up a husband and wife arguing. I think it's just a reflexive hatred of anything that may actually work
It's going to happen. We are going to change the way we operate our police forces. We are behind other first world countries in this regard already.

It's already starting.

Again, NPR did a story on this. I think it was in Georgia. The program of sending out social workers is having mixed results. I'll look for a link to the story.

I have no doubt that initially there will be mixed results. It will take time to find the proper levels and the way to do this.

I wonder why conservatives argue against having the police actually enforcing laws instead of being social workers which is what they are when they are breaking up a husband and wife arguing. I think it's just a reflexive hatred of anything that may actually work

Because, it's not like TV. Even if everyone is calm when you arrive. A statement has to be taken from both parties. If any criminal activity is alleged, assault, a push and shove, broken property, then only police have the power to effect an arrest and bring charges. There are typically criminal charges in 75% of domestics these days. Even if there is no criminal charge, police may apply for a restraint order. Social workers are not empowered to do these things.

An officer properly trained in mental health most certainly could be,
It's less about mental health and more about communication skills.
But part of the problem is that people with good communication skills tend to have a lot less experience with conflict. And that lack of experience, and the lack of confidence that comes with it, is going to be glaringly obvious to people who DO have it.

Totally made up B.S. There are police officers today that are very good at it. The problem is those who are not. The problem is in the way they are trained. There are many officers who have taken the time to talk a situation down. Are you saying they do so because they are failures as a police officer?

On the flip side, people with a lot of experience in violence are often not the best at negotiating a peaceful resolution..... they often default to just using force.

What you want is someone with good communication skills, capable of a high level of violent action, but who really wants to not go there.

But guys like that are actually pretty rare.

Training. If you are unable to cut the training become a drive up window worker.
You don't know much about this kind of thing either, do you?

And yet again, someone who counters me without stating anything they actually disagree with. You do realize that you said nothing, right?
You said it was totally made up BS; that's false.

You said training is the answer but you failed to say what type of training, and on what?

We have stated what kind of training. If you are wanting someone to create a complete policy here all you are trying to do is ignore the issue.

Would you like to clarify, or am I right that you really don't know shit about this?

Read what has been posted.
You do understand that mental health training is not the same as conflict management right?

We are not writing policy or creating anyhting. You discuss basic principles here.

Or do you?
I don't think you do understand this..... even a lot of psychologists and psychiatrists don't.

I get it now. You know more than anyone, even the experts and to prove this you post on some random message board.

The mental health cases they most often deal with are the ones who have it together enough to go seek help...... that is a totally different animal than the bipolar guy who has been doing meth all day and is now beating the shit out of his roommates girlfriend because she's a loudmouth.

Nobody has argued that they will deal with every single case so it would seem you aren't quite as on the ball as you pretend.
What are you trying to say then?
Because I feel as though I have been pretty clear, whereas you apparently have too much shit in your mouth to clearly state what you want to say.

What is your fucking point?
And if you can't make it, clearly and concisely, then stfu and go sit down somewhere until you can.

We have been making it for months.
No you haven't.

The only thing you're making is noise.

And you clearly don't understand the scope of the issue, yet you feel you should get a say...… well, that's fine, say what you want. But don't expect anyone who does understand it to take you seriously, or pay the slightest bit of attention to you and your bullshit.

People like you are useless for anything productive, and are nothing but pests.

It matters none if you take me seriously. Reform is moving forward.

65 million people say no

Millions said no to integrated schools also.

It's already starting.

It's already starting.

Because, it's not like TV. Even if everyone is calm when you arrive. A statement has to be taken from both parties. If any criminal activity is alleged, assault, a push and shove, broken property, then only police have the power to effect an arrest and bring charges. There are typically criminal charges in 75% of domestics these days. Even if there is no criminal charge, police may apply for a restraint order. Social workers are not empowered to do these things.

But part of the problem is that people with good communication skills tend to have a lot less experience with conflict. And that lack of experience, and the lack of confidence that comes with it, is going to be glaringly obvious to people who DO have it.

Totally made up B.S. There are police officers today that are very good at it. The problem is those who are not. The problem is in the way they are trained. There are many officers who have taken the time to talk a situation down. Are you saying they do so because they are failures as a police officer?

On the flip side, people with a lot of experience in violence are often not the best at negotiating a peaceful resolution..... they often default to just using force.

What you want is someone with good communication skills, capable of a high level of violent action, but who really wants to not go there.

Training. If you are unable to cut the training become a drive up window worker.

And yet again, someone who counters me without stating anything they actually disagree with. You do realize that you said nothing, right?

You said training is the answer but you failed to say what type of training, and on what?

We have stated what kind of training. If you are wanting someone to create a complete policy here all you are trying to do is ignore the issue.

Would you like to clarify, or am I right that you really don't know shit about this?

You do understand that mental health training is not the same as conflict management right?

We are not writing policy or creating anyhting. You discuss basic principles here.

Or do you?
I don't think you do understand this..... even a lot of psychologists and psychiatrists don't.

I get it now. You know more than anyone, even the experts and to prove this you post on some random message board.

The mental health cases they most often deal with are the ones who have it together enough to go seek help...... that is a totally different animal than the bipolar guy who has been doing meth all day and is now beating the shit out of his roommates girlfriend because she's a loudmouth.

Nobody has argued that they will deal with every single case so it would seem you aren't quite as on the ball as you pretend.
Because I feel as though I have been pretty clear, whereas you apparently have too much shit in your mouth to clearly state what you want to say.

And if you can't make it, clearly and concisely, then stfu and go sit down somewhere until you can.

No you haven't.

And you clearly don't understand the scope of the issue, yet you feel you should get a say...… well, that's fine, say what you want. But don't expect anyone who does understand it to take you seriously, or pay the slightest bit of attention to you and your bullshit.

Great, lot's of things that need changing, IMO.

My question is, are the reforms going to address those things, or are they going to make shit worse, instead? Because pretty much every solution folks like you come up with, tends to make shit worse.

And that ain't helpful.

It's already starting.

It's already starting.

Or do you?

No you haven't.

65 million people say no

Yet they are still segregated in the north

Soon this will be position of DNC! Idiots! :lmao:

Do you really need to send two armed officers out to a house that is playing it's music too loud or to break up a domestic argument?

Dummies like you will think so.

Is there a domestic disagreement, we are here to help...dumbass.

1596815608296.png

It's already starting.

It's already starting.

Or do you?

No you haven't.

My question is, are the reforms going to address those things, or are they going to make shit worse, instead? Because pretty much every solution folks like you come up with, tends to make shit worse.

And that ain't helpful.

Things? You have to be a bit more specific.

It's already starting.

It's already starting.

Or do you?

No you haven't.

65 million people say no

Lol....if you say so.

It's already starting.

It's already starting.

Or do you?

No you haven't.

65 million people say no

Lol....if you say so.

Glad to see they are still standing in hilarious opposition to the common sense argument that sometimes you don't need cops to do social work which is what they are often asked to do.

Are they always asked to do that? No. We desperately need cops. Those who want to get rid of the police are way off base. But having some mediators is not the end of policing as we know it. Again, hyperbolic over-reaction to a modest request is laughable.

It's already starting.

It's already starting.

Or do you?

No you haven't.

65 million people say no

Lol....if you say so.

Your going to get your ass handed to you in November

It's already starting.

It's already starting.

Or do you?

No you haven't.

65 million people say no

Lol....if you say so.

Glad to see they are still standing in hilarious opposition to the common sense argument that sometimes you don't need cops to do social work which is what they are often asked to do.

Are they always asked to do that? No. We desperately need cops. Those who want to get rid of the police are way off base. But having some mediators is not the end of policing as we know it. Again, hyperbolic over-reaction to a modest request is laughable.

It's already starting.

It's already starting.

Or do you?

No you haven't.

65 million people say no

Lol....if you say so.

Your going to get your ass handed to you in November

I'm not going to win in November no matter which loser wins .

It's already starting.

It's already starting.

Or do you?

No you haven't.

And that ain't helpful.

No, you do.... what aspects of LE do you intend to reform and how?

It used to be that America would collaborate and innovate with new ideas.

Maybe the idea of layering our policing system could be a good one, if we thought about it and talked about it.

But unfortunately, we now have a significant portion of our population who don't know how to do that.

"We've never done it that way before, so no, forget it". Yeah. Brilliant. Amurica.

They have been trying it in some places. NPR did a story on it not too long ago. Mixed results. Often armed police have to go out there anyway. But if you can eliminate one of out of every 4 or 5 calls...that saves 20-25 percent on manpower.
"that saves 20-25 percent on manpower."

How so? Aren't the police forces being reduced/replaced with "moderators"? So, if you send 2 moderators and they can't handle the situation (when 2 police officers could have), and they have to call in police officers to handle it, you have just used more man power? No?!?

It's already starting.

It's already starting.

Or do you?

No you haven't.

And that ain't helpful.

Again, we have been discussing that for a long time.

It's already starting.

It's already starting.

Or do you?

No you haven't.

65 million people say no

Lol....if you say so.

In Houston, they have CIRT teams; one mental health person paired with one uniformed HPD officer. I know a couple pairs like this.
It's a decent program from what I can tell.

It's already starting.

It's already starting.

Or do you?

No you haven't.

And that ain't helpful.

Again, we have been discussing that for a long time.
Where?

When?

Do you really need to send two armed officers out to a house that is playing it's music too loud or to break up a domestic argument?

Dummies like you will think so.
cause you have all the experience you can talk into that, right? what a fking idiot. most likely the house is full of drunks with guns, but hey, go for it walk in with your life in someone else's hand. You be the fool. you ain't too bright there bubbette.

Last edited:
Because you send a mediator out first

Here's the thing ... ambulance and firefighters won't go into a potential conflict without police escort.

I'm pretty sure the skinny guy with a state college bachelors in interpersonal conflict resolution isn't going to last very long in that job.

Kids playing their stereo too loud and neighbors complaining is a "potential conflict"?
the amount of stupid you have here can't be debated. one can't go into such stupid and change it.

Because you send a mediator out first

Here's the thing ... ambulance and firefighters won't go into a potential conflict without police escort.

I'm pretty sure the skinny guy with a state college bachelors in interpersonal conflict resolution isn't going to last very long in that job.
They don't get it; you can't negotiate a resolution to a violent, or potentially violent, conflict from a position of weakness.
If the person you're telling to calm down knows you can't arrest him, or beat him down, he ain't going to listen to anything you say, he's going to at best ignore you, and maybe beat you to death for not minding your own business.
The people who are coming up with these ideas have no clue about how conflict is actually managed in the real world.
And they're going to get some people hurt, and probably killed.

I don't expect you to understand but here it goes...

Sending out a mediator doesn't empty the options box. The next people to show up will arrest someone. There is no "position of weakness".

I dont expect you to understand but here goes:

Nobody knows who, how many and what is behind the thousands of doors with the loud music.
candy does, she's got it all figured out. cause she's been going to all of them.

When I was in the army some guy tried to take a guards M-16. He didn't get it and when he got a chance he ran. The guard racked him up his back on full auto. From that time if you were guarding anything but a bank, armory, or motor pool you were given a club which more times than not was taken away from the guard and used to beat his ass. M-16's were given back to people on guard duty. But I think it would be a great idea for all these liberal, l
When in the Army some worthless criminal tried to steal an M-16 from a guard. He failed and as he ran the guard racked him up the back on full auto. Then unless you were guarding a bank, an armory, or a motor pool you were given a club which more times than not was taken from you and you were beat with it. They went back to M-16's real fast. But I think it's a good idea to do that to all democRat ran cities to prove once and for all that these shit holes can get more stank
BRAAIIN NEVER MNR.jpg
BRAAIIN NEVER MNR.jpg
and deeper

Forum List

Back