Democrat senator Doug Jones will not vote to impeach

Frannie

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2019
Democratic Sen. Doug Jones says he'll vote to acquit President Trump if 'dots aren't connected'

Democratic Sen. Doug Jones dismissed concerns that he will lose his seat if he votes to remove President Trump in a Senate trial, but said he would acquit Trump if “dots aren't connected” over “gaps” in the impeachment case.

Jones, D-Ala., during an appearance on ABC's “This Week,” called the impeachment charges against Trump “really serious allegations.” The House last week voted to approve two articles of impeachment that accuse the president of abusing the power of his office by pressuring Ukraine to interfere in the 2020 election on his behalf and obstructing Congress in its inquiry.

“What I'm trying to do because, quite frankly, I didn't sit in front of the TV set the entire time the last two or three months, I've been trying to read this. I'm trying to see if the dots get connected. If that is the case, then I think it's a serious matter. I think it's an impeachable matter,” Jones said. “But if those dots aren't connected and there are other explanations that I think are consistent with innocence, I will go that way too.”

Poor nasty peelousy is she going to demand that he not be allowed to vote

Last edited:
I told you dumb MOFUCKS. Jones will vote with trump 99% of the time.

Democratic Sen. Doug Jones says he'll vote to acquit President Trump if 'dots aren't connected'

Democratic Sen. Doug Jones dismissed concerns that he will lose his seat if he votes to remove President Trump in a Senate trial, but said he would acquit Trump if “dots aren't connected” over “gaps” in the impeachment case.

Jones, D-Ala., during an appearance on ABC's “This Week,” called the impeachment charges against Trump “really serious allegations.” The House last week voted to approve two articles of impeachment that accuse the president of abusing the power of his office by pressuring Ukraine to interfere in the 2020 election on his behalf and obstructing Congress in its inquiry.

“What I'm trying to do because, quite frankly, I didn't sit in front of the TV set the entire time the last two or three months, I've been trying to read this. I'm trying to see if the dots get connected. If that is the case, then I think it's a serious matter. I think it's an impeachable matter,” Jones said. “But if those dots aren't connected and there are other explanations that I think are consistent with innocence, I will go that way too.”

Poor nasty peelousy is she going to demand tha the not be allowed to vote

It doesn't matter
He should be voted out for being Schumers puppet anyway.

• Banned

It doesn't matter
He should be voted out for being Schumers puppet anyway.

How is he Schumers puppet if he is fair with Trump

That's a shock.

He must think he'd got a shot at reelection, beause this crew's him at getting some plumb job from a Democrat donor after he loses

The Senate shouldn’t vote to remove him from office even if it was 100% Dimm.

He committed no crime. It’s all BS

He committed no crime. It’s all BS

Trump is not even CHARGED with a crime...The articles of impeachment ALLEGE no crime.

There will be no vote to convict.

There will only be a vote to dismiss the case...if it gets 51 votes (and it will) this will be tossed out right after the opening statements.

Here's the thing. Trump needed absolutely nothing from the Ukraine to prove Biden's guilt in a quid pro quo involvement by our Vice President. All the proof he needed was the public admission of guilt, straight from the horse's mouth...

January 23, 2018

^ It is an ad campaign's dream.

Here's the thing. Trump needed absolutely nothing from the Ukraine to prove Biden's guilt in a quid pro quo involvement by our Vice President. All the proof he needed was the public admission of guilt, straight from the horse's mouth...

It would be so nice and pleasant IF you would be privy to the entire story.
Your pretend storyline is incorrect.
Check the Facts.

Really? 99%, huh?

Trump’s nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court? Jones said Kavanaugh’s accuser Christine Blasey Ford was "credible and courageous" and voted against the judge. The president’s border wall? Jones is “happy to defend” voting against Trump's national emergency using military funds to build it. As for impeachment? The senator is plainly troubled by the president’s conduct and sounds open to the possibility of voting to oust him.

“It is hard to argue that the president is doing anything at this point other than leveraging his office as the commander in chief of the greatest nation on earth with a lesser country to try to extract a promise from them to do something that’s going to help his political campaign,” Jones told POLITICO in an interview, when asked about Democrats’ ongoing impeachment investigation.

Jones acknowledges he’s an underdog to win a full term, but he rejects the conventional wisdom that Alabama’s conservative tilt and his record of siding with his party on the biggest votes make him a dead man walking in 2020. He chafes at the implication he doesn’t represent Alabama values because he’s an unabashed Democrat.

Doug Jones is the Senate's most vulnerable incumbent. But he doesn't seem to care.

You can't give any credit to people like Jones who are voting no, with Pelosi's blessing, just because it will help his reelection prospects. WTF ever happened to voting for what's right instead of all this other periphery bullshit? Right is right and Trumpy is right.

You need nothing more than what came out of that man's mouth

Like,
I would like you do us a favor though....

Why does a 30 minute phone call have a 5 minute transcript.
Because it is NOT the full story.
Just like Biden's little 1 minute clip, NOT the correct and total story.
But, spread that FAKE news anyway.

Really? 99%, huh?

Trump’s nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court? Jones said Kavanaugh’s accuser Christine Blasey Ford was "credible and courageous" and voted against the judge. The president’s border wall? Jones is “happy to defend” voting against Trump's national emergency using military funds to build it. As for impeachment? The senator is plainly troubled by the president’s conduct and sounds open to the possibility of voting to oust him.

“It is hard to argue that the president is doing anything at this point other than leveraging his office as the commander in chief of the greatest nation on earth with a lesser country to try to extract a promise from them to do something that’s going to help his political campaign,” Jones told POLITICO in an interview, when asked about Democrats’ ongoing impeachment investigation.

Jones acknowledges he’s an underdog to win a full term, but he rejects the conventional wisdom that Alabama’s conservative tilt and his record of siding with his party on the biggest votes make him a dead man walking in 2020. He chafes at the implication he doesn’t represent Alabama values because he’s an unabashed Democrat.

Doug Jones is the Senate's most vulnerable incumbent. But he doesn't seem to care.
It looks like he is going to listen to the evidence. Not something that Trumps lackeys are going to do.

Really? 99%, huh?

It looks like he is going to listen to the evidence. Not something that Trumps lackeys are going to do.
You have evidence? Lol

Really? 99%, huh?

You have evidence? Lol
It doesnt really matter what this character does. The gop are not engaging in the process so one vote either way makes no difference. This is how democratic processes are fossilised.

That's a shock.

He must think he'd got a shot at reelection, beause this crew's him at getting some plumb job from a Democrat donor after he loses
Or he has a conscience

Really? 99%, huh?

You have evidence? Lol
It doesnt really matter what this character does. The gop are not engaging in the process so one vote either way makes no difference. This is how democratic processes are fossilised.
Ok fat boy

Forum List

Back