Democrat Rep on CNN: We don't want Small Businesses

Referring to Cecille above

Why would anyone ask such an elitest question?

What...you want a return to slavery?
Actually, it would be great if everyone could share in the profits....

Why don't you invest your paychecks in the company you work for where you can become part owner, then be on call day and night to help it suceed, where you can get a piece of the pie???

Actually, it would be great if everyone could share in the profits....

Why don't you invest your paychecks in the company you work for where you can become part owner, then be on call day and night to help it suceed, where you can get a piece of the pie???
Actually I own a small business. And I pay my workers $15 already

I simply said that anybody working full time should get paid enough to stay above the poverty line and off government assistance.

Someone working full time at minimum wage is above the poverty line.
What do you consider the poverty line?

I don't believe in a poverty line....but the Federal government says it's $12,880 for one person.
Does that sound reasonable to you? $12,880 as a poverty line for one persons annual earnings?

I simply said that anybody working full time should get paid enough to stay above the poverty line and off government assistance.

I don't believe in a poverty line....but the Federal government says it's $12,880 for one person.
Does that sound reasonable to you? $12,880 as a poverty line for one persons annual earnings?

As I said, I don't believe in a poverty line....

Haha. Well there is one, so let me know when you make it back to reality and we can discuss

Haha. Well there is one, so let me know when you make it back to reality and we can discuss

Yes, there is one. I don't see how it's very useful.
The government says it's $12,880.
If you think it's unreasonable, write your congressman.
Let me know what they say.

Oh I’m not personally too concerned with it. I pay my people much more than $15 an hour and hope most other business owners act responsibly and do the same. Those that don’t and take advantage of workers are the ones that will cause the government to step in and regulate it

So you never answered the question about what you think the poverty line should be...

It's an arbitrary number that excludes public housing and food stamp benefits, Medicaid and tax credits.
Ok I’ll stop asking

Do you think it's a useful number? Why?
Like I said I’m not too concerned about what the feds think. Each local community is different. I do think a full time worker should make enough money to pay for food shelter and basic needs anywhere in this country. $7.25 and hour is less than $15k annually and any business that pays that should be ashamed of themselves. I’d hope that at a minimum a full time worker should be making at least $20k a year and if businesses aren’t paying that I’d be fine with a little kick in their ass

So you never answered the question about what you think the poverty line should be...

It's an arbitrary number that excludes public housing and food stamp benefits, Medicaid and tax credits.
Ok I’ll stop asking

Like I said I’m not too concerned about what the feds think. Each local community is different. I do think a full time worker should make enough money to pay for food shelter and basic needs anywhere in this country. $7.25 and hour is less than $15k annually and any business that pays that should be ashamed of themselves. I’d hope that at a minimum a full time worker should be making at least $20k a year and if businesses aren’t paying that I’d be fine with a little kick in their ass
I thought you said you didn't care what other people thought about the minimum wage. How many times are you going to prove that you're a liar?

Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) told CNN in an interview on Sunday that he and presumably other Democrats “don’t want low-wage” small businesses as he advocated for increasing the minimum wage. “We don’t want low-wage businesses,” he said when asked if mom and pop shops should be forced to pay employees more. “I think most successful small businesses can pay a fair wage.”

No beating around the bush there. The Rich and big-time Corporations only. F these local businesses who don't succeed by economies of scale. No open market of ideas. If you can't pay what I think you should, you should be erased.

The latest daily example of Leftist totalitarianism.
Pretty much what they've been trying to do with covid.

Every day I despise Democrats a little more each day

Oh I’m not personally too concerned with it. I pay my people much more than $15 an hour and hope most other business owners act responsibly and do the same. Those that don’t and take advantage of workers are the ones that will cause the government to step in and regulate it
And there lies the road to tyranny.

Ok I’ll stop asking

I thought you said you didn't care what other people thought about the minimum wage. How many times are you going to prove that you're a liar?
Probably around 5 or something like that

And there lies the road to tyranny.
How so?

New Topics

Forum List

Back