Democrat Rep on CNN: We don't want Small Businesses

Low wage jobs SHOULD pay enough to sustain an adult human being.
Why? Because if humans can't meet basic needs they die (not that people like you care)
That employer NEEDS those workers at that skill level in order to make money.

Maybe at $7.25. Maybe not at $15.
Nope. He needs workers at some level of skill. The cost of those workers is a cost like any other that a businessman deals with. If he has no workers. He makes only as much money as his OWN labor can produce. In your model he gets other people to do that work for him and pays them less than what he would expect to make. The greedier he is the less he pays them. It helps if he can manipulate the economy such that they have no where else to turn but to work for him or someone like him
Depressing wages is a form of slavery.

I agree, we need to deport 10 million illegal aliens.....to start.
The very people fighting the $15/ hr MW would NEVER allow that deportation because that is a big part of how they depress wages.

They also REQUIRE 3% unemployment (to make people desperate enough to work for shit wages) and call that "full employment"

Any idea what wages would look like if we got rid of 11 million illegals or ha 0% unemployment?

Yea...$20/hr or more.

You dumb fuck, if you don't want to work for, or can't make it on, what an employer is paying, don't take the fucking job
It's really that simple
No one takes a shit job if there's a better one available...you dumb fuck

It IS that simple

I've walked out of several interviews in my life because the employer didn't pay enough for the skill level they were looking for. Either they found another dummy or they raised their wage. BTW a better job is not just determined by how much money you can make.

Perhaps you should get off your ass, put up your money and start a business. Then you might understand how many people there are out there that think their time is worth a lot more than the value they can produce. An employee is there to make his employer money, if they can't do that, the employer doesn't need them.

And oh yea...the thread title is of course a lie.

He didn't say that

Low wage jobs SHOULD pay enough to sustain an adult human being.
Why? Because if humans can't meet basic needs they die (not that people like you care)
That employer NEEDS those workers at that skill level in order to make money.

Maybe at $7.25. Maybe not at $15.
Nope. He needs workers at some level of skill. The cost of those workers is a cost like any other that a businessman deals with. If he has no workers. He makes only as much money as his OWN labor can produce. In your model he gets other people to do that work for him and pays them less than what he would expect to make. The greedier he is the less he pays them. It helps if he can manipulate the economy such that they have no where else to turn but to work for him or someone like him
Depressing wages is a form of slavery.

I agree, we need to deport 10 million illegal aliens.....to start.
The very people fighting the $15/ hr MW would NEVER allow that deportation because that is a big part of how they depress wages.

They also REQUIRE 3% unemployment (to make people desperate enough to work for shit wages) and call that "full employment"

Any idea what wages would look like if we got rid of 11 million illegals or ha 0% unemployment?

Yea...$20/hr or more.

Why? Because if humans can't meet basic needs they die

Everyone who doesn't have a high enough salary.....dies?

I don't believe you.

The cost of those workers is a cost like any other that a businessman deals with.

Exactly. He won't pay for something, or someone, with a negative return.

In your model he gets other people to do that work for him and pays them less than what he would expect to make.

Yes, successful employers always pay their workers less than the value they add, otherwise they'd go bankrupt.

I know, that's why we should deport them, to stick it to the man!!

Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) told CNN in an interview on Sunday that he and presumably other Democrats “don’t want low-wage” small businesses as he advocated for increasing the minimum wage. “We don’t want low-wage businesses,” he said when asked if mom and pop shops should be forced to pay employees more. “I think most successful small businesses can pay a fair wage.”

No beating around the bush there. The Rich and big-time Corporations only. F these local businesses who don't succeed by economies of scale. No open market of ideas. If you can't pay what I think you should, you should be erased.

The latest daily example of Leftist totalitarianism.

The left desires the very few control the wealth and resources. By doing that they control YOU, and their easiest targets happen to be PROGs who sing for them.

that depends on whether you’re a business owner or an employee. Many employees produce much much more in value than they get paid and those profits go to the business owner. That’s how business works.

If you're an employee and you only produce $10/hour in value, how much should you be paid?
Generally speaking if an employee is producing $10 an hour of value then if the business is going to survive it would need to pay that employee $3-$5 an hour. Of course there are many other factors at play.

If this is the circumstance then the business owner needs to restructure and develop a better business model or train the employee to produce more value.

Generally speaking if an employee is producing $10 an hour of value then if the business is going to survive it would need to pay that employee $3-$5 an hour.

And if a $15/ hour mandate was enacted?

If this is the circumstance then the business owner needs to restructure and develop a better business model or train the employee to produce more value.

Some people just aren't very productive, no matter what the business model or amount of training (like 30 year olds still making minimum wage).
Min wage workers aren’t there to produce business they are there to exacute
In which state does making $15,000 a year keep a person above the poverty line?

Who said it needs to do that?
Less than 2% of workers make minimum wage and about half of them are 25 and under.
Why should businesses pay full time employees wages that keeps them above the poverty line?! How about so the tax payers don’t need to pay full time workers welfare to keep them afloat despite the fact they are fully employed. That may be a point you agree with

Why should businesses pay full time employees wages that keeps them above the poverty line?!

Exactly.

If you produce $10/hour in value, what should your wages be?

so the tax payers don’t need to pay full time workers welfare to keep them afloat

Would the taxpayer funded welfare be higher or lower without the job?
It’s up to the business owner to run their business to produce adequate value to pay their employees, just as it’s up to them to meet regulations and codes for the states and industries they do business in. A persons time is worth more than poverty. If you work for yourself and you produce $10 an hour of value then that’s what you will get and you likely won’t make it. But if you are going to employee people then you have a responsibility to those employees

Yep, your responsibility is to pay them as agreed, nothing more.

exactly, which is why there is movement to get the minimum agreement higher and better for workers

Yet all it will create is fewer workers, tell the ones put out of a job how much better it is for them. You commies just don't think things through.

What do you mean they don't think it through. Of course they do. Its been analyzed and studied.
It would cost 1.4 million jobs in exchange for raising 900,000 out of poverty.

So you believe that since you're fine with that everyone else should be true?

I marvel at how the leftwing mind works.

that depends on whether you’re a business owner or an employee. Many employees produce much much more in value than they get paid and those profits go to the business owner. That’s how business works.

If you're an employee and you only produce $10/hour in value, how much should you be paid?
Generally speaking if an employee is producing $10 an hour of value then if the business is going to survive it would need to pay that employee $3-$5 an hour. Of course there are many other factors at play.

Generally speaking if an employee is producing $10 an hour of value then if the business is going to survive it would need to pay that employee $3-$5 an hour.

Some people just aren't very productive, no matter what the business model or amount of training (like 30 year olds still making minimum wage).

Less than 2% of workers make minimum wage and about half of them are 25 and under.
Why should businesses pay full time employees wages that keeps them above the poverty line?! How about so the tax payers don’t need to pay full time workers welfare to keep them afloat despite the fact they are fully employed. That may be a point you agree with

Why should businesses pay full time employees wages that keeps them above the poverty line?!

Exactly.

so the tax payers don’t need to pay full time workers welfare to keep them afloat

It’s up to the business owner to run their business to produce adequate value to pay their employees, just as it’s up to them to meet regulations and codes for the states and industries they do business in. A persons time is worth more than poverty. If you work for yourself and you produce $10 an hour of value then that’s what you will get and you likely won’t make it. But if you are going to employee people then you have a responsibility to those employees

exactly, which is why there is movement to get the minimum agreement higher and better for workers

Yet all it will create is fewer workers, tell the ones put out of a job how much better it is for them. You commies just don't think things through.

What do you mean they don't think it through. Of course they do. Its been analyzed and studied.

Actually if you read closely it says it COULD cost 1.4 million jobs...or it could cost ZERO jobs.

History favors the latter
No it doesn't, and the laws of economics mean the former is the rule.

Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) told CNN in an interview on Sunday that he and presumably other Democrats “don’t want low-wage” small businesses as he advocated for increasing the minimum wage. “We don’t want low-wage businesses,” he said when asked if mom and pop shops should be forced to pay employees more. “I think most successful small businesses can pay a fair wage.”

No beating around the bush there. The Rich and big-time Corporations only. F these local businesses who don't succeed by economies of scale. No open market of ideas. If you can't pay what I think you should, you should be erased.

The latest daily example of Leftist totalitarianism.
From your article...

“I love small businesses. I’m all for it. But I don’t want small businesses that are underpaying employees. It’s fair for people to be making what they’re producing and I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.”

The reasoning of a POS commie that more than likely never signed the front side of a paycheck in his life.

“Likely” was that a qualifier showing that you actually have no clue what this guys background is?! What a lazy ass argument

Of course I do, academics, community organizing, worked for a couple of law firms and sucking off the government tit. No business experience. He's a typical commie that thinks he knows what's best for the whole country. You commies need to get a fucking clue, labor is a commodity and the market decides what it's worth. This kind of BS winds up hurting the people they're pretending to help. $15.00 happy meal, anyone?

Funny how the "market" is supposed to determine wages but we don't allow for that where a business failing comes into play. When that is the question it's then the governments place to step in and provide trillions to keep it afloat.

Typical commie, perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the "takings clause". Then you might understand.

No clue what you are talking about and really, neither do you.

Of course you don't, unlike you I actually know what's in the Constitution. And I see you're too fucking lazy to even google it. You're dismissed commie.

Actually it's interference with an employment contract, i
I must have missed that in the Constitution. Can you point out where I can find it?

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3. Article 10, Clause 1.

Article 1 Section 8 clause 3 Says that Congress CAN regulate commerce.

Your interpretation of Article 1 Sectrion 10 is faulty

Your contention as noted in the above link would allow gambling even though it is later outlawed merely because there was a contract involved. False.

Your contention also is that that NO minimum wage is Constitutional. Clearly not the case since they have been in effect for decades,

That's the same crackpot rationale as claiming that income taxes are unconstitutional. Nonsense
It says the Congress can regulate interstate commerce, which means it can regulate the transportation of goods from one state to another. It doesn't mean Congress can regulate all economic activity.

Are you so stupid as to think the commies won't alter the definition of the poverty line as the minimum wage goes up? You can bet your ass they'll move in tandem.

Of course they will, it’s subjective. So what?! What do you think the poverty line is?

Do you think a school kid that works for the minimum wage making spending money and being supported by their parents for all the necessities is living below the poverty line? This one size fits all bullshit is exactly that, BS.
I do think of them. What about them?

Your nonresponse is duly noted.

What do you mean my nonresponse. I asked a question in response. What about the kids? If businesses wants to hire and train kids and that time isn't worth what they pay for min wage then they can do an internship. I don't see the point that you are trying to get to
Why would any kid do an "internship" stocking shelves at a grocery store for no pay? How is getting no pay better than getting minimum wage?

Last edited:

Exactly.

Actually if you read closely it says it COULD cost 1.4 million jobs...or it could cost ZERO jobs.

That's not what it says......

1614217386971.png

The Effects on Employment and Family Income of Increasing the Federal Minimum Wage (cbo.gov)

Page 13

Exactly.

View attachment 461380

The Effects on Employment and Family Income of Increasing the Federal Minimum Wage (cbo.gov)

Page 13

I always chuckle at these "could do something" stories. As you point it, it could........do nothing......cost jobs......create jobs........anything you want to claim it "could do".

Exactly.

View attachment 461380

Page 13
You just made my point for me. They are all over the place. And one place that are is ZERO job losses.

That 1.45 million is not anything LIKE their actual prediction. And as noted. History shows that job losses are minimal when MW is raised.

Everyone who doesn't have a high enough salary.....dies?

I don't believe you.
Try living on $3/ day and talk to me about "surviving". Oh you want to pay more? Why? If you can manipulate the economy such that you can pay that right...why would you not? You don't care about your workers ability to survive. You just get new ones...right?

I know, that's why we should deport them, to stick it to the man!!
Nice fantasy. Of course that'd never happen. They WANT that cheap workforce both because they're cheap and because they depress wages across the board. It's as STRATEGY TO DEPRESS WAGES.

They have been bringing in that cheap immigrant labor for almost 200 years

And how do you combat that? make them legal. Shut off the tap. Raise the minimum wage

Forum List

Back