Democrat Rep on CNN: We don't want Small Businesses

The Left's goal here is to destroy small businesses, and increase UE.

Notice, that Wal-Mart, Amazon, Google, and other big business didn't get forced to shut down during the pandemics in Dem controlled States, now they want to crush anyone that dares to challenge big business

Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) told CNN in an interview on Sunday that he and presumably other Democrats “don’t want low-wage” small businesses as he advocated for increasing the minimum wage. “We don’t want low-wage businesses,” he said when asked if mom and pop shops should be forced to pay employees more. “I think most successful small businesses can pay a fair wage.”

No beating around the bush there. The Rich and big-time Corporations only. F these local businesses who don't succeed by economies of scale. No open market of ideas. If you can't pay what I think you should, you should be erased.

The latest daily example of Leftist totalitarianism.
What is wrong with not wanting businesses that pay low wages? The state has one of the highest cost factors to exist there. The state is number one in the nation with GDP.

What is wrong with not wanting businesses that pay low wages?

Many people lack the skills and experience to get any but a low wage job.
Are they to be trapped on welfare their entire life?

The state is number one in the nation with GDP.

Number one in population.
It is not always about skills but location, lower wages are ok in places where the cost of living is lower yet California is not that place.

Ah, you might be on to something. This is exactly why there should not be a $15 national min. wage. Different states have different economies and costs of living. Maybe you need to call your lunatic Democrats congressmen and give them a heads up. They don’t see to understand.
That’s a great point. So a full time job paying the current min wage of $7.25 comes to $15,000 a year. In which state does making $15,000 a year keep a person above the poverty line?

The minimum wage will always be considered poverty wages, won't matter if it's 15 or 60K a year, it's not designed to support a family. It's an entry level wage so a person can gain work experience and prove their own reliability.

When you have millions of people working these low wage jobs and trying to support families with their wages then you are going to have advocates working towards improving their pay and benefits. That’s just how our world works. The entry level argument isn’t going to go very far considering the real circumstances

Low wage jobs are inherently low/no skill jobs. It's the responsibility of the individual to get the skills to make themselves worth more to an employer. It's not the responsibility of the employer to tell a worker, you breathe so I owe you a living. It's not the governments job either.

that depends on whether you’re a business owner or an employee. Many employees produce much much more in value than they get paid and those profits go to the business owner. That’s how business works.

If you're an employee and you only produce $10/hour in value, how much should you be paid?
Who determines the value?

The market, if you can't sell a product at a price to justify they wages you're paying, you won't stay in business. Then no one has a job.

Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) told CNN in an interview on Sunday that he and presumably other Democrats “don’t want low-wage” small businesses as he advocated for increasing the minimum wage. “We don’t want low-wage businesses,” he said when asked if mom and pop shops should be forced to pay employees more. “I think most successful small businesses can pay a fair wage.”

No beating around the bush there. The Rich and big-time Corporations only. F these local businesses who don't succeed by economies of scale. No open market of ideas. If you can't pay what I think you should, you should be erased.

From your article...

“I love small businesses. I’m all for it. But I don’t want small businesses that are underpaying employees. It’s fair for people to be making what they’re producing and I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.”

The reasoning of a POS commie that more than likely never signed the front side of a paycheck in his life.

“Likely” was that a qualifier showing that you actually have no clue what this guys background is?! What a lazy ass argument

Of course I do, academics, community organizing, worked for a couple of law firms and sucking off the government tit. No business experience. He's a typical commie that thinks he knows what's best for the whole country. You commies need to get a fucking clue, labor is a commodity and the market decides what it's worth. This kind of BS winds up hurting the people they're pretending to help. $15.00 happy meal, anyone?

Funny how the "market" is supposed to determine wages but we don't allow for that where a business failing comes into play. When that is the question it's then the governments place to step in and provide trillions to keep it afloat.

Typical commie, perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the "takings clause". Then you might understand.

No clue what you are talking about and really, neither do you.

Of course you don't, unlike you I actually know what's in the Constitution. And I see you're too fucking lazy to even google it. You're dismissed commie.

If you had anything you would have presented it. You simply made something up and then condemn people for not googling your made up position.

that depends on whether you’re a business owner or an employee. Many employees produce much much more in value than they get paid and those profits go to the business owner. That’s how business works.

If you're an employee and you only produce $10/hour in value, how much should you be paid?
Generally speaking if an employee is producing $10 an hour of value then if the business is going to survive it would need to pay that employee $3-$5 an hour. Of course there are many other factors at play.

If this is the circumstance then the business owner needs to restructure and develop a better business model or train the employee to produce more value.

Generally speaking if an employee is producing $10 an hour of value then if the business is going to survive it would need to pay that employee $3-$5 an hour.

And if a $15/ hour mandate was enacted?

If this is the circumstance then the business owner needs to restructure and develop a better business model or train the employee to produce more value.

Some people just aren't very productive, no matter what the business model or amount of training (like 30 year olds still making minimum wage).

And maybe they don't need him to "produce more value" in their business. Why is it the employer's responsibility to make the employee better, in order to benefit the employee?

When I was just starting out in my career, I worked for several small businesses where it was just the owner and his wife, and maybe another family member. They brought me on because they needed someone to file, open mail, and cover the phones while the wife went out to lunch. It paid like a buck or two above whatever minimum wage was at the time, and they had zero reason to want or need to train me for anything else. It wasn't like the guy was going to fire his wife anytime soon.

I took the job because making money was better than not, and having a job that was actually in my desired field to put on my resume increased my chances of getting something better down the road. That's what entry-level jobs are FOR. If I was still working in that situation now, all these years later, would that be on the business, or on me?

In which state does making $15,000 a year keep a person above the poverty line?

Who said it needs to do that?
Less than 2% of workers make minimum wage and about half of them are 25 and under.
Why should businesses pay full time employees wages that keeps them above the poverty line?! How about so the tax payers don’t need to pay full time workers welfare to keep them afloat despite the fact they are fully employed. That may be a point you agree with

Are you so stupid as to think the commies won't alter the definition of the poverty line as the minimum wage goes up? You can bet your ass they'll move in tandem.

Of course they will, it’s subjective. So what?! What do you think the poverty line is?

Do you think a school kid that works for the minimum wage making spending money and being supported by their parents for all the necessities is living below the poverty line? This one size fits all bullshit is exactly that, BS.

Generally speaking if an employee is producing $10 an hour of value then if the business is going to survive it would need to pay that employee $3-$5 an hour. Of course there are many other factors at play.

Generally speaking if an employee is producing $10 an hour of value then if the business is going to survive it would need to pay that employee $3-$5 an hour.

Some people just aren't very productive, no matter what the business model or amount of training (like 30 year olds still making minimum wage).
Min wage workers aren’t there to produce business they are there to exacute

Less than 2% of workers make minimum wage and about half of them are 25 and under.
Why should businesses pay full time employees wages that keeps them above the poverty line?! How about so the tax payers don’t need to pay full time workers welfare to keep them afloat despite the fact they are fully employed. That may be a point you agree with

Why should businesses pay full time employees wages that keeps them above the poverty line?!

Exactly.

If you produce $10/hour in value, what should your wages be?

so the tax payers don’t need to pay full time workers welfare to keep them afloat

Would the taxpayer funded welfare be higher or lower without the job?
It’s up to the business owner to run their business to produce adequate value to pay their employees, just as it’s up to them to meet regulations and codes for the states and industries they do business in. A persons time is worth more than poverty. If you work for yourself and you produce $10 an hour of value then that’s what you will get and you likely won’t make it. But if you are going to employee people then you have a responsibility to those employees

Yep, your responsibility is to pay them as agreed, nothing more.

exactly, which is why there is movement to get the minimum agreement higher and better for workers

The Left's goal here is to destroy small businesses, and increase UE.

Notice, that Wal-Mart, Amazon, Google, and other big business didn't get forced to shut down during the pandemics in Dem controlled States, now they want to crush anyone that dares to challenge big business
Hahaha, it is nobodies goal to destroy small businesses. Grow up

What is wrong with not wanting businesses that pay low wages? The state has one of the highest cost factors to exist there. The state is number one in the nation with GDP.

It is not always about skills but location, lower wages are ok in places where the cost of living is lower yet California is not that place.

Ah, you might be on to something. This is exactly why there should not be a $15 national min. wage. Different states have different economies and costs of living. Maybe you need to call your lunatic Democrats congressmen and give them a heads up. They don’t see to understand.
That’s a great point. So a full time job paying the current min wage of $7.25 comes to $15,000 a year. In which state does making $15,000 a year keep a person above the poverty line?

The minimum wage will always be considered poverty wages, won't matter if it's 15 or 60K a year, it's not designed to support a family. It's an entry level wage so a person can gain work experience and prove their own reliability.

When you have millions of people working these low wage jobs and trying to support families with their wages then you are going to have advocates working towards improving their pay and benefits. That’s just how our world works. The entry level argument isn’t going to go very far considering the real circumstances

Low wage jobs are inherently low/no skill jobs. It's the responsibility of the individual to get the skills to make themselves worth more to an employer. It's not the responsibility of the employer to tell a worker, you breathe so I owe you a living. It's not the governments job either.

Agreed, but it is fair to have minimum standards, especially in a country as rich and prosperous as ours and that is what we are discussing... the minimum standards to carry the responsibility and honor of employing our fellow citizens

From your article...

“I love small businesses. I’m all for it. But I don’t want small businesses that are underpaying employees. It’s fair for people to be making what they’re producing and I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.”

The reasoning of a POS commie that more than likely never signed the front side of a paycheck in his life.

“Likely” was that a qualifier showing that you actually have no clue what this guys background is?! What a lazy ass argument

Of course I do, academics, community organizing, worked for a couple of law firms and sucking off the government tit. No business experience. He's a typical commie that thinks he knows what's best for the whole country. You commies need to get a fucking clue, labor is a commodity and the market decides what it's worth. This kind of BS winds up hurting the people they're pretending to help. $15.00 happy meal, anyone?

Funny how the "market" is supposed to determine wages but we don't allow for that where a business failing comes into play. When that is the question it's then the governments place to step in and provide trillions to keep it afloat.

Typical commie, perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the "takings clause". Then you might understand.

Of course you don't, unlike you I actually know what's in the Constitution. And I see you're too fucking lazy to even google it. You're dismissed commie.

Actually it's interference with an employment contract, i
I must have missed that in the Constitution. Can you point out where I can find it?

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3. Article 10, Clause 1.

Who determines the value?

The market, if you can't sell a product at a price to justify they wages you're paying, you won't stay in business. Then no one has a job.
Agreed.

Are you so stupid as to think the commies won't alter the definition of the poverty line as the minimum wage goes up? You can bet your ass they'll move in tandem.

Of course they will, it’s subjective. So what?! What do you think the poverty line is?

Do you think a school kid that works for the minimum wage making spending money and being supported by their parents for all the necessities is living below the poverty line? This one size fits all bullshit is exactly that, BS.
I do think of them. What about them?

From your article...

If you had anything you would have presented it. You simply made something up and then condemn people for not googling your made up position.

FOAD commie. I'm here to prove how ignorant you commies are and you're making it so easy it's boring. What about being dismissed do you not understand?

Min wage workers aren’t there to produce business they are there to exacute

Why should businesses pay full time employees wages that keeps them above the poverty line?!

Exactly.

If you produce $10/hour in value, what should your wages be?

so the tax payers don’t need to pay full time workers welfare to keep them afloat

Would the taxpayer funded welfare be higher or lower without the job?
It’s up to the business owner to run their business to produce adequate value to pay their employees, just as it’s up to them to meet regulations and codes for the states and industries they do business in. A persons time is worth more than poverty. If you work for yourself and you produce $10 an hour of value then that’s what you will get and you likely won’t make it. But if you are going to employee people then you have a responsibility to those employees

Yep, your responsibility is to pay them as agreed, nothing more.

exactly, which is why there is movement to get the minimum agreement higher and better for workers

Yet all it will create is fewer workers, tell the ones put out of a job how much better it is for them. You commies just don't think things through.

Agreed, but it is fair to have minimum standards, especially in a country as rich and prosperous as ours and that is what we are discussing... the minimum standards to carry the responsibility and honor of employing our fellow citizens

Once again, tell folks that will never be hired or is laid off how much better off they are.

I do think of them. What about them?

Your nonresponse is duly noted.

From your article...

FOAD commie. I'm here to prove how ignorant you commies are and you're making it so easy it's boring. What about being dismissed do you not understand?

Thanks for contributing to my reaction score.

There's an easy solution for that: quit making the taxpayers pay for it. There is no right to make a certain amount of money. That's purely a Democrat NAZI fetish.

Forum List

Back