Democrat Rep on CNN: We don't want Small Businesses

Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) told CNN in an interview on Sunday that he and presumably other Democrats “don’t want low-wage” small businesses as he advocated for increasing the minimum wage. “We don’t want low-wage businesses,” he said when asked if mom and pop shops should be forced to pay employees more. “I think most successful small businesses can pay a fair wage.”

No beating around the bush there. The Rich and big-time Corporations only. F these local businesses who don't succeed by economies of scale. No open market of ideas. If you can't pay what I think you should, you should be erased.

The latest daily example of Leftist totalitarianism.
From your article...

“I love small businesses. I’m all for it. But I don’t want small businesses that are underpaying employees. It’s fair for people to be making what they’re producing and I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.”

It’s fair for people to be making what they’re producing and I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.”

And for the people producing less than $15/hour?
I suppose the Rep feels like the minimum amount an hour of an employees time is worth is $15. If the business can’t utilize that time to be worth $15 then they should make changes. Some reason why we don’t pay people $1 an hour.
Wrong. The reason businesses don't pay $1/hr is the fact that the demand for labor is such that it can demand more than $7.50. It's charming that you believe a business can just "make changes" and increase their revenue by 50%. Only a Reich NAZI could utter such a moronic statement. If making these changes was so easy, then why haven't they already done it?
Why would revenues need to go up by 50%
How much do you imagine it would have to go up? Or do you believe that employers can just pay 80% more without an increase in revenue?
How much does what have to go up? You have a poss poor understanding of business. You sure you want to dig into this subject? It’s not going to turn out well for you
Revenue, moron. Apparently you can't answer the question.
You’re right I can’t answer the question. It’s a retarded question that doesn’t have a simple answer. Anybody who knows anything about business knows there are many more factors at play.

I think you are reading into what Mr Khanna said. But that is unsurprising.
Not to sorry, Uncle Joe won't get his $15 an hour.
Most likely split the difference at 11 or so.
Think it's about time after 12 years when if it had kept up with inflation, the MW would be $24?
Yep, me too.
And don't worry too much about the small business owner.
Unless of course you believe their restaurant is still charging $2.50 for a double cheeseburger :rolleyes-41:

Think it's about time after 12 years when if it had kept up with inflation, the MW would be $24?

If they kept up with inflation......

1614189879789.png

CPI Inflation Calculator (bls.gov)

Less than $9

In which state does making $15,000 a year keep a person above the poverty line?

Who said it needs to do that?
Less than 2% of workers make minimum wage and about half of them are 25 and under.
Why should businesses pay full time employees wages that keeps them above the poverty line?! How about so the tax payers don’t need to pay full time workers welfare to keep them afloat despite the fact they are fully employed. That may be a point you agree with

Why should businesses pay full time employees wages that keeps them above the poverty line?!

Exactly.

If you produce $10/hour in value, what should your wages be?

so the tax payers don’t need to pay full time workers welfare to keep them afloat

Would the taxpayer funded welfare be higher or lower without the job?

Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) told CNN in an interview on Sunday that he and presumably other Democrats “don’t want low-wage” small businesses as he advocated for increasing the minimum wage. “We don’t want low-wage businesses,” he said when asked if mom and pop shops should be forced to pay employees more. “I think most successful small businesses can pay a fair wage.”

No beating around the bush there. The Rich and big-time Corporations only. F these local businesses who don't succeed by economies of scale. No open market of ideas. If you can't pay what I think you should, you should be erased.

From your article...

“I love small businesses. I’m all for it. But I don’t want small businesses that are underpaying employees. It’s fair for people to be making what they’re producing and I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.”

It’s fair for people to be making what they’re producing and I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.”

I suppose the Rep feels like the minimum amount an hour of an employees time is worth is $15. If the business can’t utilize that time to be worth $15 then they should make changes. Some reason why we don’t pay people $1 an hour.
Wrong. The reason businesses don't pay $1/hr is the fact that the demand for labor is such that it can demand more than $7.50. It's charming that you believe a business can just "make changes" and increase their revenue by 50%. Only a Reich NAZI could utter such a moronic statement. If making these changes was so easy, then why haven't they already done it?
How much do you imagine it would have to go up? Or do you believe that employers can just pay 80% more without an increase in revenue?
How much does what have to go up? You have a poss poor understanding of business. You sure you want to dig into this subject? It’s not going to turn out well for you
You’re right I can’t answer the question. It’s a retarded question that doesn’t have a simple answer. Anybody who knows anything about business knows there are many more factors at play.
So you're saying that wages have no affect on revenue? I never claimed there weren't other factors affecting revenue. However, wages are definitely a factor. You asked why revenues need to go up by 50%. You must have some other figure in mind. What is it?

You're weaseling because you got your dick caught in your zipper.

Less than 2% of workers make minimum wage and about half of them are 25 and under.
Why should businesses pay full time employees wages that keeps them above the poverty line?! How about so the tax payers don’t need to pay full time workers welfare to keep them afloat despite the fact they are fully employed. That may be a point you agree with

Why should businesses pay full time employees wages that keeps them above the poverty line?!

Exactly.

so the tax payers don’t need to pay full time workers welfare to keep them afloat

It’s up to the business owner to run their business to produce adequate value to pay their employees, just as it’s up to them to meet regulations and codes for the states and industries they do business in. A persons time is worth more than poverty. If you work for yourself and you produce $10 an hour of value then that’s what you will get and you likely won’t make it. But if you are going to employee people then you have a responsibility to those employees

Funny how the "market" is supposed to determine wages but we don't allow for that where a business failing comes into play.

Depends on the reason for the business failing.

Of course.........never mind those programs designed to boost the markets are why people have fallen behind and the minimum wage has become an issue.

Of course.........never mind those programs designed to boost the markets are why people have fallen behind

Which programs led to which people falling behind? Can you be more specific?

We have discussed this over and over and over.

I understand why you won't answer.

Then you understand we have discussed this endlessly.

Exactly.

It’s up to the business owner to run their business to produce adequate value to pay their employees, just as it’s up to them to meet regulations and codes for the states and industries they do business in. A persons time is worth more than poverty. If you work for yourself and you produce $10 an hour of value then that’s what you will get and you likely won’t make it. But if you are going to employee people then you have a responsibility to those employees

It’s up to the business owner to run their business to produce adequate value to pay their employees,

Some employees just aren't very productive.

A persons time is worth more than poverty.

Usually, not always.

Funny how the "market" is supposed to determine wages but we don't allow for that where a business failing comes into play.

Of course.........never mind those programs designed to boost the markets are why people have fallen behind and the minimum wage has become an issue.

Of course.........never mind those programs designed to boost the markets are why people have fallen behind

I have a vague memory of you whining.
I understand why you won't give any details now.

You claiming it's whining shows enough.

From your article...

So you're saying that wages have no affect on revenue? I never claimed there weren't other factors affecting revenue. However, wages are definitely a factor. You asked why revenues need to go up by 50%. You must have some other figure in mind. What is it?

You're weaseling because you got your dick caught in your zipper.
Haha, that’s correct wages don’t effect revenue. Wages are an expense, they effect profits. You implied that doubling the hourly rate for the lowest earners would require revenue to go up by 50%... that’s just a stupid claim. You need to know all the other factors to calculate what is needed to happen to compensate for increasing wages. Every business is different. For you to think we can just throw a percentage of necessary revenue increase at it just shows that you don’t understand how business works.

You claiming it's whining shows enough.

You could post it to show you weren't whining.......or run away again

If a small business is struggling and can only pay the current minimum wage, the business is not viable.

Only the trump Nazis would have working Americans paid slave wages. It's understandable most trump Nazis don't earn $15/hour currently, and are resentful they would be relegated to the minimum wage workforce, but, a raise in the minimum wage would be a step up for them as well.

Who knows, perhaps their employers might bump them to $17/hour, if their business is successful.

Incorrect. All small businesses go through a period of struggling, and to blithely dismiss them at that stage as "Fuck 'em, they don't serve the purpose I want right now, so let 'em die" is to write off many large and successful corporations of today who were once small businesses.

Businesses don't exist to generate salaries for employees. This flaw in your perspective tells me you've never been much more than the annoying janitor who gets fired because he screws around all day and doesn't get the toilets cleaned properly.

And don't you DARE to call other people "Nazis" as a defense for your desire to seize control of other people's businesses and dictate how they are run and how money you don't own and didn't earn is spent. The only Nazi I see here is YOU.

Exactly.

It’s up to the business owner to run their business to produce adequate value to pay their employees,

Usually, not always.
Can you give a real example where a persons time is not worth more than a poverty lifestyle?

Businesses are responsible for the oversupply of labor and low wages.
Businesses are not responsible for the flood of illegal aliens who are rushing into this country

and its the oversupply of labor that drives down wages

Yes businesses are responsible. If businesses were not hiring them they do not come.
The trump Nazis never consider that fact. But, facts rarely, if ever, enter into their arguments, for or against a topic.

We don't consider it because it's not a fact. It's an ASSumption made up by leftists who would never actually deign to be around such peasants and find out what's actually going on with them. Cry over them from their safe, gated communities, but not associate with them.

I suppose the Rep feels like the minimum amount an hour of an employees time is worth is $15.

Yes, I understood his ignorant feelings.

Some reason why we don’t pay people $1 an hour.

Because no one would accept a $1 an hour job.
How do you know somebody wouldnt accept a $1 an hour job? The whole point of a min wage is that people were being under paid and taken advantage of by business owners. The low wage workers had no power. They aren’t in a position to be picky. Desperate times desperate measures

How do you know somebody wouldnt accept a $1 an hour job?

Well, you can try to staff your firm at that rate,but with fast food jobs going unfilled at $10 and up....

The whole point of a min wage is that people were being under paid and taken advantage of by business owners.

Baloney.

The low wage workers had no power.

How much power do unskilled, inexperienced workers ever have?

Desperate times desperate measures

Will times be less desperate for them when they are priced out of the job market?

Minimum wage workers have been left behind for a long time.
View attachment 460389

Minimum wage workers have been left behind for a long time.

There aren't very many of them.

And how left behind are unemployed people who've been priced out of the job market?

Since the current minimum wage is not enough for a single person to live on, much less someone with children or other dependents, without government subsidies, you can say they are already left behind from any worthwhile job market.

From your article...

so, basically, "i dont want small businesses if they disagree with my opinions"
Seems the OP was correct when he said "The latest daily example of Leftist totalitarianism"
well yeah... we in this country had an opinion that child sweat shops and slave labor were wrong and therefore not legal. So a business that doesn’t agree with those laws doesn’t get to legally operate. This isn’t rocket science

Flipping burgers and stocking shelves is slave labor? Who knew?

If one could go back in time, I'm sure the field hands on sugar and cotton plantations would be fascinated to hear that. Y'know, if they could take time away from their back-breaking labor to listen.

Exactly.

Usually, not always.
Can you give a real example where a persons time is not worth more than a poverty lifestyle?

If you only produce $10/hour in value, how much should you be paid?

From your article...

The reasoning of a POS commie that more than likely never signed the front side of a paycheck in his life.

“Likely” was that a qualifier showing that you actually have no clue what this guys background is?! What a lazy ass argument

Of course I do, academics, community organizing, worked for a couple of law firms and sucking off the government tit. No business experience. He's a typical commie that thinks he knows what's best for the whole country. You commies need to get a fucking clue, labor is a commodity and the market decides what it's worth. This kind of BS winds up hurting the people they're pretending to help. $15.00 happy meal, anyone?

Funny how the "market" is supposed to determine wages but we don't allow for that where a business failing comes into play. When that is the question it's then the governments place to step in and provide trillions to keep it afloat.

Typical commie, perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the "takings clause". Then you might understand.

From your article...

The reasoning of a POS commie that more than likely never signed the front side of a paycheck in his life.

“Likely” was that a qualifier showing that you actually have no clue what this guys background is?! What a lazy ass argument

Of course I do, academics, community organizing, worked for a couple of law firms and sucking off the government tit. No business experience. He's a typical commie that thinks he knows what's best for the whole country. You commies need to get a fucking clue, labor is a commodity and the market decides what it's worth. This kind of BS winds up hurting the people they're pretending to help. $15.00 happy meal, anyone?

Funny how the "market" is supposed to determine wages but we don't allow for that where a business failing comes into play. When that is the question it's then the governments place to step in and provide trillions to keep it afloat.

Typical commie, perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the "takings clause". Then you might understand.

No clue what you are talking about and really, neither do you.

Forum List

Back