Democrat Insanity Strikes Again!!!

GMCGeneral

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2020
For me to know and you not to find out.

OK, now this has gone from the silly to downright dangerous. Sure we have a school bus driver shortage. Hell, even in my field, we're going to be hiring part timers to fill gaps on weekends and holidays. But to eliminate a safeguard like this is totally unacceptable. My long term solution to the school bus driver shortage?
Simple: Bring back neighborhood schools. You don't have to cart junior 10-15 miles away from his neighborhood to school.

OK, now this has gone from the silly to downright dangerous. Sure we have a school bus driver shortage. Hell, even in my field, we're going to be hiring part timers to fill gaps on weekends and holidays. But to eliminate a safeguard like this is totally unacceptable. My long term solution to the school bus driver shortage?
Simple: Bring back neighborhood schools. You don't have to cart junior 10-15 miles away from his neighborhood to school.

LOL, like the taxpayers are going to or can afford a school in every neighborhood. LOL

Around 1970 my dad was laid off from where he worked. He got a job driving school buses for a short while until he found a better job. He did not have a CDL.

You can't argue for things to be how they once were but then argue things should not be as they once were.

OK, now this has gone from the silly to downright dangerous.
From your link: The Congressman is “urging” Sec. Buttigieg to create a school bus specific license in an effort to help address workforce shortages and ensure students can safely be transported to school.

[snip]

Rep. Morelle says CDL requirements pertaining to long-haul truckers are onerous and irrelevant to a school bus driver.

Makes sense to me.

Please explain what is dangerous about this idea. Thank you ahead of time.

A simpler solution: make the little fuckers walk to school. My grandpa used to tell us about how he had to walk to school a couple of miles, in the snow, against the wind and uphill both ways. Builds character.

From your link: The Congressman is “urging” Sec. Buttigieg to create a school bus specific license in an effort to help address workforce shortages and ensure students can safely be transported to school.

[snip]

Rep. Morelle says CDL requirements pertaining to long-haul truckers are onerous and irrelevant to a school bus driver.

Makes sense to me.

I do not know the laws of NY. Here in WV there are Class A and Class B CDL. Class A are for "long haul truckers". Class B are for school bus, trash truck etc drivers. One is easier to get than the other.

I do not know the laws of NY. Here in WV there are Class A and Class B CDL. Class A are for "long haul truckers". Class B are for school bus, trash truck etc drivers. One is easier to get than the other.
Same in NY. The CDL ensures some uniformity and consistency. Plus in NY, you have to have both "Passenger" (P) and "School Bus" (S) endorsements in order to drive Big Yellow.

A simpler solution: make the little fuckers walk to school. My grandpa used to tell us about how he had to walk to school a couple of miles, in the snow, against the wind and uphill both ways. Builds character.
As I said, bring back neighborhood schools. Judge Curtain's 1977 ruling enabling forced busing in Buffalo was a big fucking mistake.

[snip]

Makes sense to me.

Because it ensures no Tom, Dick, or Larry who is unable to pass the testing gets behind the wheel.

Hell they are looking to hire school bus drivers where live in Florida. With UE coming to an end I'd bet there will be many to fill those jobs.

Because it ensures no Tom, Dick, or Larry who is unable to pass the testing gets behind the wheel.
How is it dangerous to only require them to pass a test applicable to bus drivers and not long haul truckers?

LOL, like the taxpayers are going to or can afford a school in every neighborhood. LOL

Around 1970 my dad was laid off from where he worked. He got a job driving school buses for a short while until he found a better job. He did not have a CDL.

You can't argue for things to be how they once were but then argue things should not be as they once were.
The school that is closest is the school to attend.

How is it dangerous to only require them to pass a test applicable to bus drivers and not long haul truckers?
Because there is considerable overlap between the two, that's why. Should we now have separate licenses for transit and motorcoach as well? I've been in the business for 22 years. I know what the hell I'm talking about. Plus the CDL ensures that you only need the one license.

OK, troll what in the total blue fuck are you rambling about?
Discrimination in hiring you've never heard of that? As far as trolling you evidently have no idea what discrimination is in hiring practices or you could address the issue and not attack me, stupid bitch.

Because there is considerable overlap between the two, that's why. Should we now have separate licenses for transit and motorcoach as well? I've been in the business for 22 years. I know what the hell I'm talking about. Plus the CDL ensures that you only need the one license.
We have separate licenses for cars and motorcycles. There is considerable overlap between the two.

So why not separate licenses for school buses and long haul trucks?

Or brainwashed functional moron GOP voters could get vaccinated for crying out loud....

We have separate licenses for cars and motorcycles. There is considerable overlap between the two.

So why not separate licenses for school buses and long haul trucks?
Because part and parcel to that is the need for the annual physicals, the need for the much higher standards that ever other Commercial driver must adhere to, the need for uniformity. Shall I go on or will your diminuitive and ignorant far Left mentality not allow you to see this is just bullshit.

Discrimination in hiring you've never heard of that? As far as trolling you evidently have no idea what discrimination is in hiring practices or you could address the issue and not attack me, stupid bitch.
Eat shit and die! In the school district I worked for, it was 60%-40% Black/Hispanic vs. white drivers. There is no discrimination in hiring practices, moron!

Eat shit and die! In the school district I worked for, it was 60%-40% Black/Hispanic vs. white drivers. There is no discrimination in hiring practices, moron!
That is not what I am suggesting but you may have all the hissy fits you want.

1. If marijuana is legal for medicinal use then stop discriminating against those who have a prescription from a doctor.
2. Felonies should not keep you from getting a job.

Shall I go on or do you feel the need to whine and bitch before I continue?

My eldest son who is 37 is a truck driver also and yet he can speak without a Tourette syndrome discipline.

Forum List

Back