Democrat ballonist and a Republican fisherman

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above ground elevation of 2,346 feet above
sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.

She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a Republican.

"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is correct. But I have no idea what to do with that information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."

The man smiled and responded, "You must be an Obama-Democrat."

"I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are -- or where you are going. You make promises you have no idea how to keep but venture off anyway, and now you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but somehow, now it's my fault."

:lol:

so then why did they crash the world economy for the second time in one lifetime?

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above ground elevation of 2,346 feet above
sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is correct. But I have no idea what to do with that information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are -- or where you are going. You make promises you have no idea how to keep but venture off anyway, and now you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but somehow, now it's my fault."

Newsflash. Both sides lie.

She was hoping the Republican would just lower her taxes and make everything better.

The hated higher education system would be the one who gets the credit for passing on the knowledge that created the GPS system in the little story

The hated higher education system would be the one who gets the credit for passing on the knowledge that created the GPS system in the little story

Actually GPS was developed by the U.S. Dept. of Defense off of a mathematical equation developed by some engineer guy at Raytheon as a method to track jets back in the late 1950's. But (obviously) they did it by calculations rather than satellites.
The Dept. of Defense developed the method of using satellite triangulation to pinpoint near-exact locations.
We have GPS because of the military and a smart engineer 60 years ago.
Not surprised you left out the military's part.

Actually GPS was developed by the U.S. Dept. of Defense off of a mathematical equation developed by some engineer guy at Raytheon as a method to track jets back in the late 1950's. But (obviously) they did it by calculations rather than satellites.
The Dept. of Defense developed the method of using satellite triangulation to pinpoint near-exact locations.

GPS.

Another government program success story.

yeap the military is a government program and most in it were educated in public schools

And yet another freebie provided to private industries by the tax payers to make one guy unbelievably rich.

Good job boys! :clap2:

GPS.

Depends...it cost taxpayers something like $12 billion I think.
Private enterprise would have probably done it for a few $million at ZERO cost to the taxpayer.

GPS...another example of how the government spends 1000 times the cost to develope something that someone already developed in the late 1950's.

Last edited:

GPS.

Private enterprise would have probably done it for a few $million at ZERO cost to the taxpayer.

GPS...another example of how the government spends 1000 times the cost to develope something that someone already developed in the late 1950's.

Private enterprise really doesn't develop much.

They are good at marketing other people's innovations.

SEE: Bill Gates.

Arguing about GPS?

Anyway, good story and pretty accurate. The only thing I would add is that the baloonist also is too ignorant to be able to decipher coordinates. Based on posters here, I'd say that washes as well.

GPS.

Private enterprise really doesn't develop much.

They are good at marketing other people's innovations.

SEE: Bill Gates.

See...now there is where you are wrong.
Raytheon developed GPS 60 years ago. And used it as a navigational tool. (Raytheon...as in private enterprise)

The government (D.O.D.) further expanded on it - at a cost of over $12,000,000,000 to taxpayers...somehow...I think that is pretty damn inflated since the method already existed and the piggy back off of existing satellites.

All I read about is blame the other side. Does anybody have a clue about what to do. Bush was not a great president, he was trying to be better than his dad and didn't make it but Obama makes Bush looks positively Presidential. I think the balloon story might be true because the balloon runs on hot air and the dems certainly know about that.

All I read about is blame the other side. Does anybody have a clue about what to do.

Yes, many people do. It's not that hard to get people working again. Borrow some money, make some grande plans and then hire people to do it. This is America. We used to do big things all the time. Now, for some reason, we suddenly can't.

All I read about is blame the other side. Does anybody have a clue about what to do.

Yes, many people do. It's not that hard to get people working again. Borrow some money, make some grande plans and then hire people to do it. This is America. We used to do big things all the time. Now, for some reason, we suddenly can't.

Well lets get them elected, the bunch that is there now can't spell jobs much less create one. Herman Cain has at least work at a job during his life, not many politicians can say that.

New Topics

Forum List

Back