Democracy-

This is a key point. Government isn't there to tell us how to live, or to dictate what form society will take. Government is there to protect our freedom to create the kind of society we want, voluntarily and collaboratively. It's the difference between a referee, and a coach. Liberals want government to be the coach, to decide for us what the good life looks like, and the force everyone to comply.
Sounds like a lot of double talk to me. You want the leaders of the gov't to be chosen by the people and then those leaders make the decisions on how we live.
No, you added the last bit. I specifically rejected it. It's not the role of our leaders to decide how we live. And that's the core of our political dysfunction. Liberals keep trying to create government that does exactly that.
What do these leaders do then? They make laws, treaties, economic policies, etc, decisions on how we live. Should each of us make our own laws?

The president makes laws? What fricken shit-hole country do you live in?
He and the other 535 leaders we elect.

The final version of the Declaration uses the word "unalienable." Some earlier drafts used the word "inalienable," which is the term our modern dictionaries prefer. The two words mean precisely the same thing.

No, they dont!

RIGHTS GUARANTEED PRIVILEGES AND IMMUNITIES OF CITIZENSHIP, DUE PROCESS AND EQUAL PROTECTION

FOURTEENTH AMENDMENT SECTION1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction there of, are citizens of the United States and the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privi-leges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, with-out due process of law; nor deny to any person within its juris-diction the equal protection of the laws

Citizens are "granted privileges and immunities" per legal precedent- i.e. tangible.

Natural Rights are NOT tangible, they are endowed, i.e. inherent- NOT tangible. They can't be taken, granted, or given away- inherent.

Being a citizen of the US gives grants and privileges- being born gives Rights.

The final version of the Declaration uses the word "unalienable." Some earlier drafts used the word "inalienable," which is the term our modern dictionaries prefer. The two words mean precisely the same thing.

No, they dont!

RIGHTS GUARANTEED PRIVILEGES AND IMMUNITIES OF CITIZENSHIP, DUE PROCESS AND EQUAL PROTECTION

FOURTEENTH AMENDMENT SECTION1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction there of, are citizens of the United States and the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privi-leges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, with-out due process of law; nor deny to any person within its juris-diction the equal protection of the laws

Citizens are "granted privileges and immunities" per legal precedent- i.e. tangible.

Natural Rights are NOT tangible, they are endowed, i.e. inherent- NOT tangible. They can't be taken, granted, or given away- inherent.

Exactly. They're actually just an extrapolation of volition, the ability to think for one's self.

This is a key point. Government isn't there to tell us how to live, or to dictate what form society will take. Government is there to protect our freedom to create the kind of society we want, voluntarily and collaboratively. It's the difference between a referee, and a coach. Liberals want government to be the coach, to decide for us what the good life looks like, and the force everyone to comply.
Sounds like a lot of double talk to me. You want the leaders of the gov't to be chosen by the people and then those leaders make the decisions on how we live.
No, you added the last bit. I specifically rejected it. It's not the role of our leaders to decide how we live. And that's the core of our political dysfunction. Liberals keep trying to create government that does exactly that.
What do these leaders do then? They make laws, treaties, economic policies, etc, decisions on how we live. Should each of us make our own laws?

The president makes laws? What fricken shit-hole country do you live in?
He and the other 535 leaders we elect.

Dang, you must be a liberal...clueless.

Exactly. They're actually just an extrapolation of volition, the ability to think for one's self.
Okay, I'm officially confused- you started by saying "exactly" and counter with "an extrapolation"- the 14th amendment, thinks for many through legal precedent- as in grants and privileges- to citizens- Rights have no boundary of geography-

Not to be argumentive- I just want clarity.

Is simply mob rule. Period. The US is a constitutional republic. It was created to
The Constitution of the United States: A Transcription

Note: The following text is a transcription of the Constitution as it was inscribed by Jacob Shallus on parchment (the document on display in the Rotunda at the National Archives Museum.) The spelling and punctuation reflect the original.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

I've read the constitution several times and I swear I can't find where POTUS or Party is proclaimed to be a god- or a SC Justice for that matter-

The Bill of Rights to help ensure that gov't was restrained to it's hope for (intended role)

Note: The following text is a transcription of the first ten amendments to the Constitution in their original form. These amendments were ratified December 15, 1791, and form what is known as the "Bill of Rights."

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment VII

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
The founding fathers were members of the small, elite, upper class who didn't think much of the lower classes and were terrified their privileges might be infringed by majority rule. Their Republic was designed to maintain their power. Personally I don't think I want others to make my decisions for me.
But isn’t that what you are doing when the state tells everyone they have to wear a mask, who can open up for business, who can and can’t assemble? Isn’t that what you are doing when you let the government decide what doctors you can see? How about when the government says that your money that you pay in taxes will fund a war?
I'm not anti-gov't but like the majority of voters in this country I didn't vote for this President so this 'state' is run by a minority against the desires of most voters. Therefore, don't expect me to feel anything other than oppressed and angry.
Hate to tell you this but there have been numerous times that the president was not chosen by the majority. But then again when people voted for the last fool because of skin color I felt that the country was in a tail spin of stupid.
I believe Dubya was a minority president and he decided he had a mandate to invade Iraq.
yea, left wingers took Saddam's side and lost

Okay, I'm officially confused- you started by saying "exactly" and counter with "an extrapolation"- the 14th amendment, thinks for many through legal precedent- as in grants and privileges- to citizens- Rights have no boundary of geography-

Not to be argumentive- I just want clarity.
I'm just saying that your innate freedoms (aka natural/inalienable/unalienable rights) all extend from volition, the ability to think for yourself. That's why they can't be taken away - short of killing someone. You're born with the freedom of speech, the freedom to think, the freedom to move, etc... the government didn't grant you those capacities. They're part of being a conscious person.

I enjoyed reading most of that, though a couple of things stopped me from reading all of it.
I'll use the above example only, since I'm not going to go back looking for the other- or ead any more of it.

INalienable Rights are not tangible. Period. The 14th amendment created UNalienable rights, which are tangible as they are grants and privileges-

So, when someone trying to appear above the fray, intellectually, as apparently the author is/was, they first should understand; words mean things- or they don't- and at some point changing words through legal precedent changes the meaning entirely- especially in regard to Rights vs grants and privileges- do centers for higher indoctrination not have access to "legal precedent" and a dictionary handy?

Yes, I am attacking that messenger because he uses INcorrect, not UNcorrect words and they skew the meaining.

You're getting into some deep stuff, g. Normally I'd point you to the responsibility aspect of Individual liberty. As it is, liberty should never really be written or spoken absent the word responsibility. To do so is a mistake. But, we all do it when talking just causually. I do it myself. So, liberty-responsibility there. But I do also happen to know your view on the responsibility aspect as it relates to the primary foundation for moral code from which the fruit of all of Individual liberty depends, as well as that from which our form of government is derived.

It is an intellectual discussion, most certainly.

Last edited:
Is simply mob rule. Period. The US is a constitutional republic. It was created to

Note: The following text is a transcription of the Constitution as it was inscribed by Jacob Shallus on parchment (the document on display in the Rotunda at the National Archives Museum.) The spelling and punctuation reflect the original.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

I've read the constitution several times and I swear I can't find where POTUS or Party is proclaimed to be a god- or a SC Justice for that matter-

The Bill of Rights to help ensure that gov't was restrained to it's hope for (intended role)

Note: The following text is a transcription of the first ten amendments to the Constitution in their original form. These amendments were ratified December 15, 1791, and form what is known as the "Bill of Rights."

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment VII

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Amendment VIII

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
The founding fathers were members of the small, elite, upper class who didn't think much of the lower classes and were terrified their privileges might be infringed by majority rule. Their Republic was designed to maintain their power. Personally I don't think I want others to make my decisions for me.
But isn’t that what you are doing when the state tells everyone they have to wear a mask, who can open up for business, who can and can’t assemble? Isn’t that what you are doing when you let the government decide what doctors you can see? How about when the government says that your money that you pay in taxes will fund a war?
I'm not anti-gov't but like the majority of voters in this country I didn't vote for this President so this 'state' is run by a minority against the desires of most voters. Therefore, don't expect me to feel anything other than oppressed and angry.
Hate to tell you this but there have been numerous times that the president was not chosen by the majority. But then again when people voted for the last fool because of skin color I felt that the country was in a tail spin of stupid.
I believe Dubya was a minority president and he decided he had a mandate to invade Iraq.
Besides Iran and ISIS who won?

Amendment I

Amendment II

Amendment III

Amendment IV

Amendment V

Amendment VI

Amendment VII

Amendment VIII

Amendment VIII

Amendment IX

Amendment X

The Iraqis

Amendment I

Amendment II

Amendment III

Amendment IV

Amendment V

Amendment VI

Amendment VII

Amendment VIII

Amendment VIII

Amendment IX

Amendment X

The Iraqis
The Shia or the Sunni? Or do you mean the 280,000 Iraqis who died in the war?

Amendment I

Amendment II

Amendment III

Amendment IV

Amendment V

Amendment VI

Amendment VII

Amendment VIII

Amendment VIII

Amendment IX

Amendment X

The Iraqis
Yea Islam is really #uckedup, no wonder its the only religion that Dems adore.
How deep was your love for Saddam?
We can't bring him back for you now.

Amendment I

Amendment II

Amendment III

Amendment IV

Amendment V

Amendment VI

Amendment VII

Amendment VIII

Amendment VIII

Amendment IX

Amendment X

The Iraqis
Yea Islam is really #uckedup, no wonder its the only religion that Dems adore.
How deep was your love for Saddam?
We can't bring him back for you now.
No we can't but think about what we lost. He was a terrible autocrat but he did carry our water.

He kept a check on Iran and went to war with them recently. He kept Iraq together with a vast military and police force. Once he was gone, Iran became much more powerful a country and is no friend of the US, Israel, or our ME allies. Iraq descended into civil war and is still a basket case. Some of their minorities are almost wiped out. The Sunnis formed ISIS and Syria descended into civil war.

Where to start with the middle east- I guess I'll just jump into the deep end of the pool-
First and foremost, in my mind, is; Iran is NOT "our" enemy, except through proxy for Israel by "our" gov't that "we the people" (stinky tourist ala Harry Reid a demofuckingcrat btw) or, astroturf ala nancy drunk fucking pelosi or a deplorable ala drunk fucking hillary, or bible clinging, gun toting ala ofuckingbama- pay for with the fruit of "our" labor (user fees for the federal reserve called taxes which BOTH sides subscribe to) to the tune of BILLIONS- of "the fruit of our" labor. So, who's really "our" enemy? Has Iran stolen anything from we the people? Has Iran invaded our country (ala the coup of 1953)? Has Iran declared war on joe citizen, ala, the war on drugs, the war on poverty, the war on terror? No it has not. Has Iran eviscerated the 4th amendment to "our" constitution?

A murky picture evolves when gov't propaganda takes precedence over hard evidence. For picture clarity dot connecting is required- but, one must want to see before one can see- gov't propaganda clouds the vision.

The US gov't is the Iranian gov't's enemy (see the coup of 1953 for evidence for the *why*) people (joe citizens in any country) don't start wars with gov't's- gov't's start wars claiming joe citizen was wronged or being defended, which is pure bullshit- throw religion into the mix, and, voila- joe citizen has an enemy because, God! Manifest Destiny- the only good Indian is a dead Indian - Holocaust! Ignored at home- revered elsewhere- SMH.

Why is the US spending money and lives in the ME to secure Israel's Liberty, while intentionally restricting the Liberty of joe citizen? Iran?

Forum List

Back