Democracy is far from being a very good system... monarchies are not as horrible as we think..

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
A lot of the past popes (I don't pay attn to the modern, liberal ones) spoke and wrote on these kinds of issues.. Many of them said that a monarchy could be somewhat democratic (these are my words, by the way but I am trying to get the popes right..). One pope.. maybe it was Pius IX? spoke of a system where there is a monarch to overlook a parliamentary system whose members are voted for by the people.. The point was that a govt should adhere to the laws of God first, not the majority, who can, as we know, be wrong.. "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong" as the rock song said...

One pope said something about God's rights...

Funny how I am just now learning this term.. God's rights

Does God have any?

not in the world today, it seems... God, for one, has the right to not have his little children murdered as soon as they come into existence (or shortly thereafter)...

and there are other ways in which God is ignored by govt systems.

A lot of the past popes (I don't pay attn to the modern, liberal ones) spoke and wrote on these kinds of issues.. Many of them said that a monarchy could be somewhat democratic (these are my words, by the way but I am trying to get the popes right..). One pope.. maybe it was Pius IX? spoke of a system where there is a monarch to overlook a parliamentary system whose members are voted for by the people.. The point was that a govt should adhere to the laws of God first, not the majority, who can, as we know, be wrong.. "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong" as the rock song said...

One pope said something about God's rights...

Funny how I am just now learning this term.. God's rights

Does God have any?

not in the world today, it seems... God, for one, has the right to not have his little children murdered as soon as they come into existence (or shortly thereafter)...

and there are other ways in which God is ignored by govt systems.
might be why our founders gave us a republic and not a democracy,,

might be why our founders gave us a republic and not a democracy,,
democratic republic

whatever..

we see what it "evolved" into, whatever you call it, don't we? If you think we have the rights we were supposed to always have... delusional

A lot of the past popes (I don't pay attn to the modern, liberal ones) spoke and wrote on these kinds of issues..

Like Alexander VI?

Banquet-of-Chestnuts.jpg

ok... your choice to believe whatever...

And my choice is to believe that investing supreme executive power into the hands of a single person based solely on which vagina they were pulled out of ... is a fundamentally bad idea ...

democratic republic

whatever..

we see what it "evolved" into, whatever you call it, don't we? If you think we have the rights we were supposed to always have... delusional
constitutional republic,,

dont feel bad its a common mistake considering our education system,,

Since there is great variance between individual, you could possibly get a better leader if the best of the wealthy elite were also the best educated, intelligent, empathic, sympathetic, etc., but there is no guarantee about their offspring, even if the first generation does make a good monarch.
So eventually a monarchy will always lead to a King George III sort of degenerate who will then have to be defeated by armed rebellion.
So it is better to just never allow a monarchy at all.

And my choice is to believe that investing supreme executive power into the hands of a single person based solely on which vagina they were pulled out of ... is a fundamentally bad idea ...

]

AGREED

+

constitutional republic,,

dont feel bad its a common mistake considering our education system,,
democratic republic

that is what we are... and again, we can all see quite clearly (anyone who is paying attention) that

something is not right...

things shouldn't have fallen apart after only 240 some years

democratic republic

that is what we are... and again, we can all see quite clearly (anyone who is paying attention) that

something is not right...

things shouldn't have fallen apart after only 240 some years
if we didnt have a constitution you would be right,, but because we do we are a constitutional republic,,

the reason things have gone to shit is because people dont know or are purposely trying to ignore or divert from being a constitutional republic,,

Forum List

Back