dem leaders want Biden to give up authority of nuclear code !

Should the president keep the launch codes, or should more people be added?

• Just the president and the Joint Chiefs authorizing the launch are fine

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • I want more than just old Joe Biden with the launch code authorization

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
The Democrats are right. No President should have the sole authority for a first strike.

The Dems should work with Biden to get rid of the Presdiential Pardon as well.

That would definitely take a couple of Constitutional Amendments, probably- as the President is constitutionally Commander-in-chief and his authority to grant pardons is pretty much sancrosanct.

I guess the Democrats could pledge to nominate only senile old coots to the Presidency, so that the idea would appeal to Republicans.

Although the D's could easily make the change with an Executive Order and it would be held up as legal by a liberal SCOTUS.

View attachment 461386
About three dozen House Democrats have signed a letter asking President Biden to renounce his sole authority to launch nuclear weapons, according to reports.
But the 25th amendment is out of the question eh ???

So just take his toys of mass destruction, and then he can play president safely for a little while longer eh ?? What are the Democrat's scared of, that the Republican's might alledgedly act like them, and attempt some kind of false flag to make Biden look bad, and in the process Biden does something real stupid ??

Maybe their worried about Hunter somehow being in the room with him ? Hey "big guy" throw me those keys... Not those keys dad.................. LOL.

The Democrats are right. No President should have the sole authority for a first strike.

That would definitely take a couple of Constitutional Amendments, probably- as the President is constitutionally Commander-in-chief and his authority to grant pardons is pretty much sancrosanct.

I guess the Democrats could pledge to nominate only senile old coots to the Presidency, so that the idea would appeal to Republicans.

Although the D's could easily make the change with an Executive Order and it would be held up as legal by a liberal SCOTUS.
Yeah, it would have to be a constitutional amendment changing the parent document. Nobody wants to do it. But the pardon has become a reward for patronage instead of a way to legitimately correct mistakes.

I say we take the most/least tenured and an at large SCOTUS justice and let them make the yea/nay decision. Keep the rest of the infrastructure in place for pardons--whatever it may be--and let those 3 individuals issue a pardon.

View attachment 461386
About three dozen House Democrats have signed a letter asking President Biden to renounce his sole authority to launch nuclear weapons, according to reports.

So just take his toys of mass destruction, and then he can play president safely for a little while longer eh ?? What are the Democrat's scared of, that the Republican's might alledgedly act like them, and attempt some kind of false flag to make Biden look bad, and in the process Biden does something real stupid ??

Maybe their worried about Hunter somehow being in the room with him ? Hey "big guy" throw me those keys... Not those keys dad.................. LOL.

The problem with getting rid of Sleepy Joe at this point in time is that the Democrats would lose control of the Senate. Kamala moving to the big job means she won't be the tie breaker for the Democrat majority. 50-50 split.

Maybe if Sen. Toomey or Romney changes party, the option will be open?

Yeah, it would have to be a constitutional amendment changing the parent document. Nobody wants to do it. But the pardon has become a reward for patronage instead of a way to legitimately correct mistakes.

I say we take the most/least tenured and an at large SCOTUS justice and let them make the yea/nay decision. Keep the rest of the infrastructure in place for pardons--whatever it may be--and let those 3 individuals issue a pardon.

Although the President does have the right to prosecute or not prosecute someone, and the right to pardon is just the reverse of the same coin.

If Sleepy Joe doesn't want his son prosecuted, I'm sure he'll tell his presumptive Hand Picked attorney general, Merrick Garland, to do it or else. Garland was picked to make a "political point", not because of his alleged competence.

View attachment 461386

The problem with getting rid of Sleepy Joe at this point in time is that the Democrats would lose control of the Senate. Kamala moving to the big job means she won't be the tie breaker for the Democrat majority. 50-50 split.

Another Dem would be appointed VP

The democrats don't want Joe Biden to have the sole authority for a nuclear launch.
Why is that?
Is Joe losing it already?

The president has the sole authority to call for a nuclear strike. Once the call is made, a series of critical steps follow.

The president first meets with top military advisers. The meeting would take place in the Situation Room. If the president is traveling, a call is made on a secure line.

If the president still wants to go through with the strike, the order is verified. To authenticate the order, a challenge code is read to the president. It's usually two phonetic letters like "Delta-Echo."

The president then receives the "biscuit", a laminated card that's always near the president. The biscuit has the matching response to the challenge code.

The Pentagon then broadcasts an encoded message to missile crews. The message is only about the length of a standard tweet.

It includes the war plan, "Sealed Authentication System" or (SAS) codes, and the actual missile launch codes. When the launch crews get the message they open lock safes to obtain the SAS codes. These codes are compared with the SAS codes included in the message.

If fired from a submarine the captain, executive officer, and two others authenticate the launch order. Fifteen minutes after receiving the order, the missiles could be ready to launch.

If fired from land, there are 50 missiles controlled by 5 launch crews in different locations. Each crew "votes" for the launch by turning their keys at the same time.

I'm not sure why so many democrats don't trust Joe with the nuclear launch codes??

I'm posting a poll to see how many want more people in the nuclear launch control loop.
IMHO the Joint Chiefs are more than an adequate safeguard.

I wouldn't trust Joe with my car keys.

Neither would I but he is after all the elected President by those very same people that thought the lights were on. Frankly I thought the elevator has been stuck between floors for 20 years.

View attachment 461386

Not immediately. Need a majority to prevail, so they would need to have someone acceptable to Republicans. Like RINO's Gerald R. Ford and Nelson Rockefeller had to be acceptable to D's as the only 2 Vice Presidents appointed under the 25th. They would still need to convert at least one Republican to carry the day.

View attachment 461386

Not immediately. Need a majority to prevail, so they would need to have someone acceptable to Republicans. Like RINO's Gerald R. Ford and Nelson Rockefeller had to be acceptable to D's as the only 2 Vice Presidents appointed under the 25th. They would still need to convert at least one Republican to carry the day.
Mitt Romney

View attachment 461386

Mitt Romney

Sure, but if he stood alone against the Republicans, even the weak GOP leadership would chuck him out for this-giving up GOP influence in the Senate. He'd have to join the D caucus like Specter and Jeffords did before him.

View attachment 461386

1614229415351.png

The democrats don't want Joe Biden to have the sole authority for a nuclear launch.
Why is that?

The president has the sole authority to call for a nuclear strike. Once the call is made, a series of critical steps follow.

The president first meets with top military advisers. The meeting would take place in the Situation Room. If the president is traveling, a call is made on a secure line.

If the president still wants to go through with the strike, the order is verified. To authenticate the order, a challenge code is read to the president. It's usually two phonetic letters like "Delta-Echo."

The president then receives the "biscuit", a laminated card that's always near the president. The biscuit has the matching response to the challenge code.

The Pentagon then broadcasts an encoded message to missile crews. The message is only about the length of a standard tweet.

It includes the war plan, "Sealed Authentication System" or (SAS) codes, and the actual missile launch codes. When the launch crews get the message they open lock safes to obtain the SAS codes. These codes are compared with the SAS codes included in the message.

If fired from a submarine the captain, executive officer, and two others authenticate the launch order. Fifteen minutes after receiving the order, the missiles could be ready to launch.

If fired from land, there are 50 missiles controlled by 5 launch crews in different locations. Each crew "votes" for the launch by turning their keys at the same time.

I'm not sure why so many democrats don't trust Joe with the nuclear launch codes??

I'm posting a poll to see how many want more people in the nuclear launch control loop.

I believe the sec of def or the assist secretary of defense has to okay it even when the POTUS gives the order now. We have a 2 to launch system already. I went to college with a guy in the AF who had worked in one of the silos before he had gone back to college. According to him they had a guy one time who refused to turn the key in one of the surprise drills and his career in the military ended more or less that day and several people above him got reassigned to rest of their career desk jobs as well.
That scenario, of refusing to turn your key, actually started the movie "War Games" (1983). Then they took the crews out of the silos and computerized everything, which led into the movie plot about young hackers.

I also thought that the SecDef had to turn his key to launch, according to a certain plan.
But that's NOT what the OP link says?!
The OP says that the president himself, can authorize a strike, and the system just has steps to verify that its really him. I liked it better when I thought that the SecDef also had a key.
Then again, if the Joint Chiefs order/confirm the strike, that's on them.

They went nuts on Hannity last night saying that everyone around Joe is scared shitless that he is losing it already.

Why is that?

I believe the sec of def or the assist secretary of defense has to okay it even when the POTUS gives the order now. We have a 2 to launch system already. I went to college with a guy in the AF who had worked in one of the silos before he had gone back to college. According to him they had a guy one time who refused to turn the key in one of the surprise drills and his career in the military ended more or less that day and several people above him got reassigned to rest of their career desk jobs as well.
That scenario, of refusing to turn your key, actually started the movie "War Games" (1983). Then they took the crews out of the silos and computerized everything, which led into the movie plot about young hackers.

I also thought that the SecDef had to turn his key to launch, according to a certain plan.
But that's NOT what the OP link says?!
The OP says that the president himself, can authorize a strike, and the system just has steps to verify that its really him. I liked it better when I thought that the SecDef also had a key.
Then again, if the Joint Chiefs order/confirm the strike, that's on them.

They went nuts on Hannity last night saying that everyone around Joe is scared shitless that he is losing it already.

The keys still exist. The difference is there are more than two so one person not turning their key will not stop the launch. That an officer refused to turn their key though apparently was a huge dust up. Both officers at a site can refuse to turn their key and the missles will still launch because the 5 key system allows officers from another silo turning their keys to remotely authorize the launch (perhaps the reason you think it is all automated). 5 keys get ordered to be turned simultaneously across multiple facilities but it only takes two people doing it to initiate the launch.

I am kind of skeptical that we really know how the procedures for launching a nuke work. Seems to me this was fall under "Top Secret".

The Democrat Party plan all along has been to get Biden elected, then remove him from office. putting Kamala Harris at bat and Nancy Pelosi on deck.

They are attempting to strip the authority not from Biden, per se, but from all future Presidents... and Biden.

Not really, I think just Biden. Why is that? Because they know they're going to lose Congress in 2022, and the Republicans will restore that presidential power after Biden is out of the White House. They just don't trust him, and we all know why.

If the president cannot handle his responsibilities due to mental decline, it;s time to invoke the 25th ammendment.

Exactly.....at some point the democratic party will come to the realization that people who voted for biden have finally come to understand......THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES.

His cognitive decline is a very real threat to our National Security.

Forum List

Back