dem leaders want Biden to give up authority of nuclear code !

Should the president keep the launch codes, or should more people be added?

• Just the president and the Joint Chiefs authorizing the launch are fine

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • I want more than just old Joe Biden with the launch code authorization

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Since presidents can not legally declare war and only congress can, and since a nuclear attack is a declaration of war, then it is congress who should control the nuclear football, not the president.
The only problem is Congress is not just one person, so it is not as easy to figure out how to do that. But the speaker of the house would be vastly better than a president, who does not have the legal authority to launch.

That authority was given go the President many years ago through the NCA, or National Command Authority. That's why they are asking Biden and not telling him to share that authority with them.

It's just the first of many Trump laws. It has nothing to do with Biden, but everything to do with the 4 years we just went through with an insane dictator wannabe who had control of the button. We can't afford to take the chance of some future trump like president pushing the button because someone tweeted something he doesn't like.

So, you want the jerkoffs in Congress to have the launch codes?:auiqs.jpg:
I never said I want congress to make that decision. I just want more than one person to be in charge of the decision. Perhaps 2, 3, or even 4 people to agree that response is called for, or some other completely different way of dealing with it. I just don't like worrying that some future idiot president might press the button because somebody tweeted something he didn't like. That has been a real possibility for the last four years. I have no doubt that a responsible, workable way to do it can be worked out.
Trump didnt start any new wars ....and he oversaw the destruction of the caliphate biden and obama couldnt defeat .
Trump is erratic as any child. The fear that he might press that button because somebody tweeted the wrong thing about him was real.

It's just the first of many Trump laws. It has nothing to do with Biden, but everything to do with the 4 years we just went through with an insane dictator wannabe who had control of the button. We can't afford to take the chance of some future trump like president pushing the button because someone tweeted something he doesn't like.

I never said I want congress to make that decision. I just want more than one person to be in charge of the decision. Perhaps 2, 3, or even 4 people to agree that response is called for, or some other completely different way of dealing with it. I just don't like worrying that some future idiot president might press the button because somebody tweeted something he didn't like. That has been a real possibility for the last four years. I have no doubt that a responsible, workable way to do it can be worked out.

But, you voted for Biden to have the launch codes?...lol

Since presidents can not legally declare war and only congress can, and since a nuclear attack is a declaration of war, then it is congress who should control the nuclear football, not the president.
The only problem is Congress is not just one person, so it is not as easy to figure out how to do that. But the speaker of the house would be vastly better than a president, who does not have the legal authority to launch.

The president is the commander in chief of the armed forces. It would be unconstitutional for Congress to control our nuclear arsenal.

I would have voted for a monkey at the zoo to have them if that was the only way to get them away from trump.

I would have voted for a monkey at the zoo to have them if that was the only way to get them away from trump.

That just goes to show how stupid Leftists really are.

And that's exactly what you and others of like mind did. Now you're paying over 50 cents a gallon more for gasoline today and our southern border is once again a mess. Happy with your monkey vote now?

And that's exactly what you and others of like mind did. Now you're paying over 50 cents a gallon more for gasoline today and our southern border is once again a mess. Happy with your monkey vote now?
WTF do you think Biden did increase gas prices?

WTF do you think Biden did increase gas prices?

No, the commodity traders did. Between what slow Joe and Whorris said about fossil fuels before the election, the closing of the Keystone showing he meant business, the halting of new leases and drilling on public land, OPEC realized they had a friend in Biden, so they cut oil production as well.

The commodities traders seen all this and bought long crude contracts. If you don't understand how that works, think of it like ebay: You own ten barrels of oil and put it up for bid on ebay. People who want to buy oil to resell for a profit bid on your ten barrels. As they bid higher and higher, the price of oil increases. It's almost the same thing that happens in the commodities market, except they bid using contracts.

See, Trump would have never done anything like that. Like during his administration, it kept OPEC from cutting their production because we would make up whatever they didn't produce, and the prices were always low or reasonable. Now we are Fd, because fuel prices normally don't increase in terrible economic times, they rise in good economic times because when more people are working, we use more fuel.

Now that the vaccines are out, Johnson and Johnson just got approval for their vaccine use in the US, people are going to be getting vaccinated like no tomorrow. J&J can vaccinate twice as many people because their vaccine only requires one shot. So if Biden doesn't do anything else stupid, the economy will recover and more people will be returning to work. If that happens, again, we will consume more fuel and the prices will be even higher yet.

New Topics

Forum List

Back