Dem Congress Falls To 23% Approval

And there is more from the same poll.

Americans support the right for 12 million illegals to have a path to citizenship.

A new Bloomberg/Los Angeles Times poll shows that at least a plurality of Americans backs the two most contentious provisions of the bill, a proposal to offer 12 million undocumented immigrants a path to citizenship and the creation of a guest- worker program. Of a third provision -- a point system for immigrants based on professional qualifications -- many say they don't have enough information to have an opinion.

Moreover, most of those surveyed appear to reject one of the central arguments deployed by the bill's opponents: The poll found that less than a third of all respondents, including Republicans, believe illegal immigrants take jobs away from Americans who need them.

Two-thirds of Americans think the country is on the wrong track.

In general, those surveyed are sour about the way the country is going. The poll found the percentage of Americans who say the nation is on the wrong track increased 3 points, within the poll's margin of error, to 69 percent, compared with a poll taken in April. Even half of Republicans, 51 percent, say the country is on the wrong track.

Also, W is at an all-time low in the poll.

he poll also shows a slight decline in President George W. Bush's approval rating to 34 percent, a record low for the survey, from 36 percent in April. The survey of 1,183 adults nationwide was conducted June 7 to 10 and has a margin of sampling error of 3 percentage points.

And, by an overwhelming majority, Americans disagree with Bush's handling of the Iraq war.

On Iraq, the number of people who disapprove of Bush's handling of the war remains steady, at 67 percent, compared with 65 percent two months ago.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601070&sid=aPacZNPAToiU&refer=home

Within the last two months the approval rating for the Democrat run Congress has fallen from 44% to 23%

Harry Reid has a huge approval number of 19%

Nancy Pelosi has a 36% approval rating

I wonder why?

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1075

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-pelosi12jun12,0,7184922.story

I thought Nanny Pelosi was going to "pave the way" as first woman Speaker for Hillary to become the first woman Prez. She's not doing a very good job of it by just getting the usual left wing one-third.

Within the last two months the approval rating for the Democrat run Congress has fallen from 44% to 23%

Harry Reid has a huge approval number of 19%

Nancy Pelosi has a 36% approval rating

I wonder why?

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1075

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-pelosi12jun12,0,7184922.story

LOL maybe the only ones that approve are the people over at moveon.org or media matters. I wonder what George Soros thinks about the congress lol

I thought Nanny Pelosi was going to "pave the way" as first woman Speaker for Hillary to become the first woman Prez. She's not doing a very good job of it by just getting the usual left wing one-third.

San Fran Nan promised to do alot of things - and delivered on none of them

Please tell me how americans, are aware that if 12-20 new people get legalization, instead of being deported or encouraged to leave that, that will be a good thing?

lets see...

social security is bankrupt, do most americans answering that survey know that?

do most americans know that illegal immigrants do NOT pay taxes because they are usually payed under the table and even if they do, that does not off-set the costs they burden the tax payer with, education, medical treatment, oh, and if they are found legal, they will get much more then just emergency medical, they will be entitled to full medical benefits whether they have insurance or not, not just for life threatening things, but for everything, and seeing as how 39-45 million americans, most of them, legal, cant afford health insurance, lets add another 12-20 million,

The bottom line is, that poll about americans wanting citizenship for illegals, those who said yes, were either open borders idiots, or unaware of the facts.

It is simply a bad idea to try to fix a problem, of not enough money to feed legal americans, pay for their health care, education and retirement, by adding 12-20 million illegal aliens, Now, i may be supposedly un-compassionate, but if i followed your logic, lets just have no borders, and the whole broke world, and anyone , can all just move here, and how long will you let them stay in your house and pay for them.

I respect you and your opinion: I simply passionently disagree toro, and mean no disrespect brother.

Please tell me how americans, are aware that if 12-20 new people get legalization, instead of being deported or encouraged to leave that, that will be a good thing?

lets see...

social security is bankrupt, do most americans answering that survey know that?

do most americans know that illegal immigrants do NOT pay taxes because they are usually payed under the table and even if they do, that does not off-set the costs they burden the tax payer with, education, medical treatment, oh, and if they are found legal, they will get much more then just emergency medical, they will be entitled to full medical benefits whether they have insurance or not, not just for life threatening things, but for everything, and seeing as how 39-45 million americans, most of them, legal, cant afford health insurance, lets add another 12-20 million,

The bottom line is, that poll about americans wanting citizenship for illegals, those who said yes, were either open borders idiots, or unaware of the facts.

It is simply a bad idea to try to fix a problem, of not enough money to feed legal americans, pay for their health care, education and retirement, by adding 12-20 million illegal aliens, Now, i may be supposedly un-compassionate, but if i followed your logic, lets just have no borders, and the whole broke world, and anyone , can all just move here, and how long will you let them stay in your house and pay for them.

I respect you and your opinion: I simply passionently disagree toro, and mean no disrespect brother.

Dems see them as a new voting block - more people looking for a free ride in life and the endless list of government handouts

Why work when you can vote for the Democrats?

Dems see them as a new voting block - more people looking for a free ride in life and the endless list of government handouts

Why work when you can vote for the Democrats?

Very true. not to mention it would basically wipe the G.O.P out. illegals will vote for Democrats for sure , ratio would be 4-1 in favor of the dems. I hope they dont pass this bill.

Very true. not to mention it would basically wipe the G.O.P out. illegals will vote for Democrats for sure , ratio would be 4-1 in favor of the dems. I hope they dont pass this bill.

If the people step up and keep the pressure on - it won't

I am surprised by some of the right playing the race card if you oppose this bill

I expect the left to play the race card - not conservatives

The Republicans are being idiotic about this. Even if immigration stopped today, the proportion of Hispanics relative to the rest of the population is rising. And the GOP is being viewed as hostile towards Hispanics. Karl Rove was right, and now the Republicans are shooting themselves in the head, just like they did in California.

If I were a Republican, I wouldn't be banging on the Democrats. They've got enough problems of their own.

NA-AN149C_POLL_20070613213454.gif

The race for the 2008 Republican presidential nomination has become wide open, a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll shows. But the value of winning it has fallen sharply.

The survey shows that without formally entering the race, former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson has risen to second place in the Republican field. Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani continues to leak support, but leads the pack with 29% to Mr. Thompson's 20%, while former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has pulled even with Sen. John McCain at 14%.

Of greater concern for Republicans generally, however, is the party's weak state heading into the 2008 election. By 52% to 31%, Americans say they want Democrats to win the presidency next year.

Americans give the Republican Party their most negative assessment in the two-decade history of the Journal/NBC survey, and by 49% to 36% they say the Democratic Party more closely shares their values and positions on the issues.

"The political environment for Republicans continues to erode," says Republican pollster Neil Newhouse, who conducts the Journal/NBC survey with Democratic counterpart Peter Hart. A long-term worry for the party: Republican gains among the Hispanic constituency, long a target for President Bush, have vanished at a time when Washington is enmeshed in a debate over immigration policy.

The party's woes can be partly traced to the political decline of President Bush. His approval rating in the Journal/NBC survey has fallen to its lowest ever, 29%, while 66% of Americans disapprove of his performance. The telephone survey of 1,008 adults, conducted June 8-11, has a margin of error of 3.1 percentage points.

Mr. Bush's decline from 35% approval in April reflects diminished support from his core constituency: Among Republicans, approval of the president's job performance has dropped to 62% from 75%. It also reflects bleak assessments of his new strategy in Iraq: By 54% to 10%, Americans say the situation there has gotten worse rather than better in recent months.

The poll hardly brings reassurance for the Democrats, who control both the House and Senate. Amid political gridlock on domestic issues and inconclusive debates over Iraq, the approval rating for Congress stands lower than Mr. Bush's, at 23%. Just 41% of Americans say their representative in Congress deserves re-election, comparable to levels before Democrats swept Republicans out of power in November.

Yet the Democrats' overall strategic posture as 2008 approaches remains far stronger. Sen. Hillary Clinton of New York, who has strengthened her lead in the race for the Democratic nomination, leads Mr. Giuliani by 48% to 43% in a potential general-election matchup after trailing by a similar margin three months ago. Despite Mr. Thompson's rise among Republican contenders, he trails the second-place Democratic candidate, Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois, by 50% to 31% in a hypothetical November 2008 contest.

Among Democrats, Mrs. Clinton draws 39% of the vote, up from 36% in April, while Mr. Obama receives 25%, down from 31%. Former Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina, the 2004 Democratic vice presidential nominee, receives 15%, with Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico and Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware lagging behind at 4%.

Mrs. Clinton's standing in the Democratic race follows her performances in televised debates and an attempt to downplay differences with Mr. Obama over Iraq. Though her leading rival courts Democratic voters by noting that he opposed from the start a war she voted to authorize, she enjoys a wider lead among Democrats backing an immediate troop withdrawal than among those who oppose one.

Moreover, on both of the rank and file's top two characteristics for their party's nominee -- capacity to bring about change and experience for the presidency -- Mrs. Clinton holds an edge. Fully 71% of Democrats rate the former first lady highly for being "knowledgeable and experienced enough to handle the presidency," while 30% rate the first-term Sen. Obama highly on that dimension.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118177312675434460.html?mod=todays_us_page_one

If I were a Republican, I wouldn't be banging on the Democrats. They've got enough problems of their own.

NA-AN149C_POLL_20070613213454.gif

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118177312675434460.html?mod=todays_us_page_one

Yep, thus my uncertainty about what is going on. I see nothing resembling cohesion of ideas in GOP. We have serious problems in the sense that many will not back certain candidates, should they win. I could go for Guiliani, not McCain. I don't know enough about Fred Thompson, but what I've read seems ok.

I do not see the Democrats being conflicted, whoever gets the nomination will get the vote.

Yep, thus my uncertainty about what is going on. I see nothing resembling cohesion of ideas in GOP. We have serious problems in the sense that many will not back certain candidates, should they win. I could go for Guiliani, not McCain. I don't know enough about Fred Thompson, but what I've read seems ok.

I do not see the Democrats being conflicted, whoever gets the nomination will get the vote.

my god, they wont even let leiberman in, its a very intolerant party.

Kathy, if Hillary is the Dems choice -she will turn out more Repblicans to vote against her then any candidate we could put up right now

As of right now, Rudy beats her pretty good

Kathy, if Hillary is the Dems choice -she will turn out more Repblicans to vote against her then any candidate we could put up right now

As of right now, Rudy beats her pretty good

moderate pro-chioce, pro-gay rights, pro-gun control New Yorker beats moderate pro-chioce, pro-gay rights, pro-gun control New Yorker.

I would suggest that such a match up would officially mark the end of the Reagan revolution.
:D

The democrats' poll numbers aren't terribly surprising, once you consider a couple things:

1) They were voted in largely as a thumbs-down to the war in Iraq, and since taking office, they have not taken strong steps to end the war;

2) We are in a stagflationary recession, with inflation much higher and GDP growth significantly lower than the government's laughable numbers suggest. The old saying "people vote with their pocketbooks" is true, and they are feeling the staggering growth of government spending;

Amazing no one has mentioned this yet...

ANY approval poll of Congress, taken at any time, regardless of what party runs the show, is ridiculous. Never believe them; I don't.

John Q. Voter always, but always, despises Congress as a whole, but he loves the representative he voted in. Congress is always a perfect target for blame, because there's always "someone else" to pin the blame on.

Forum List

Back