Delta Variant Surge Pushes Alaska's Sparse Health Care Infrastructure To The Brink

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
Alaska is having a hard time with the virus.

Half their problem is the lack of health care facilities. What makes things worse, they aren't right next door to another state so it's not easy or quick to transport someone out of state.

Yes, Alaska has a lot of remote areas that the only way to get to is by plane.

Which in my opinion is a reason to put health care facilities in those areas. Not the reason to not put health care facilities in those areas.

It's not profitable so the much needed facilities aren't built and established.

A community health care center for each county would also help people to get vaccinated.

People need to get vaccinated.

Alaska is having a hard time with the virus.

Half their problem is the lack of health care facilities. What makes things worse, they aren't right next door to another state so it's not easy or quick to transport someone out of state.

Yes, Alaska has a lot of remote areas that the only way to get to is by plane.

Which in my opinion is a reason to put health care facilities in those areas. Not the reason to not put health care facilities in those areas.

It's not profitable so the much needed facilities aren't built and established.

A community health care center for each county would also help people to get vaccinated.

People need to get vaccinated.

dude vaccinated people can get the covid just as easy as the unvaccinated,,,

Chill...they are up around 1200 cases...with zero deaths...every section of the planet will surge with delta if they haven't already and this is Alaska's turn....

If you line up trumpkins populations and covid rates, you will note that the areas almost exactly overlap.

perhaps that confuses you.

This isn't a political thing. No matter how much the right wants to make it into a political thing.

This is a public health thing and people are dying.

Alaska is having to bring in health care workers from other states because they don't have enough people to handle the number of cases in the state.

Like I said, it's not easy to transport someone to another state from Alaska. It's not easy to transport someone from a remote area of Alaska to Fairbanks or Anchorage.

Which is why Alaska needs to wake up and start building health care centers outside the urban areas.

This isn't a political thing. No matter how much the right wants to make it into a political thing.

Alaska is having to bring in health care workers from other states because they don't have enough people to handle the number of cases in the state.

Like I said, it's not easy to transport someone to another state from Alaska. It's not easy to transport someone from a remote area of Alaska to Fairbanks or Anchorage.

Which is why Alaska needs to wake up and start building health care centers outside the urban areas.
The people dying hasn't changed, covid is still and always will be about pre-existing conditions. None of it warrants trying to force an experimental treatment on the masses.

dana i notice in many of your threads you never seem to take on those criticizing you,but yet always find time to give someone who agrees with you a few sentences....is there a reason why?....

Forum List

Back