Delta Pilot Writes Thank You Note

wavingrl

Nov 14, 2012
ATL
Atlanta Delta pilot becomes inadvertent Internet darling after... | www.ajc.com

by the end of the day I expect this will be a major news story. I hope the pilot doesn't lose his job--certain there are some who can find a way to make this into a 'scandal'.

<Atlanta-based Delta pilot Captain Mark Kendall thought he was just thanking a Diamond Sky Mile club member on a recent flight.

Little did he know that his handwritten thank you note would become a viral Internet sensation.

Why? The woman to whom he wrote the note was Australian actress Claire Holt, who took a picture of the note and tweeted it to her more than 700,000 Twitter followers.

The tweet read: "Wow. Received this note from Captain Kendall on my flight today. Truly thoughtful. Treat him well [MENTION=11827]del[/MENTION]taAssist!"

According to Yahoo, Holt is best known for her television work in "The Originals", "The Vampire Diaries" and "Pretty Little Liars."
>

Last edited:
Sounds a bit flirtatious.

not to me. but whatever.

<The note written by Kendall reads:"Ms. Holt, Thank you for all your business as a Diamond Sky Miler. I appreciate how hard it is to be a Road Warrior, especially at this time of year, but I appreciate it."

Delta Air Lines confirmed to ABC that Kendall, a 25-year Delta pilot, wrote the note.

According to the ABC story, Kendall did not know Holt was a celebrity, only that she was a serious frequent flier.

Kate Modolo, a spokesperson for the airline, told ABC the airline encourages pilots to interact with passengers "when time permits." Kendall, she said, makes a practice of writing notes to passengers to thank them for their business whenever he has time.
>

feeling somewhat sarcastic today. 'suspicious minds'.

Last edited:
I think that was a nice gesture on the part of the pilot. Why was this a story, much less a potential scandal?

I think that was a nice gesture on the part of the pilot. Why was this a story, much less a potential scandal?

not a scandal yet--but Delta felt it necessary to issue a statement.

sigh--

what in the world--

always those that suspect some ulterior motive no matter what you do.

'Why would he/she do that?'

sometimes deep analysis is necessary--but it is becoming an obsession?

Forum List

Back