Deleted posts

teddyearp

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2014
Pinetop, AZ
Not sure if the software would support it, but it would be nice if one's deleted posts could be reviewed by the offending poster.

I know as a mod that deleted posts can be viewed, and as a poster, you get an alert for each deleted post with a link to the thread, but it would be nice to go back and review the deleted post to reflect upon it and then learn to do better. Obviously do not need to know which mod deleted the post, just would like to stay on the up and up.

Thank you, and waiting for the flames . . . . .

Reflect on it? :D I think most people realize. They just don't care. Lol.

And I certainly can see that from some of the content. But I do care, believe it or not, and would like to then learn how not to have my post(s) be deleted.

Nothing leaves the internet. You could still find it.

Maybe so, but this old man hasn't yet figured out where to find all those snapshots . . . .

Reflect on it? :D I think most people realize. They just don't care. Lol.

And I certainly can see that from some of the content. But I do care, believe it or not, and would like to then learn how not to have my post(s) be deleted.

Nothing leaves the internet. You could still find it.

Maybe so, but this old man hasn't yet figured out where to find all those snapshots . . . .
The best way is to PM the mod that did the deed...

I have no idea why anyone in their right minds could find to complain about the moderators and administrators here on USMB. You would have to post some seriously stupid stuff to have them delete it.

As for the original question - I frequent a forum that has software that allows moderators to put deletion of a post up to forum members. They automatically select six posters and indicate the post complained about. It gives the choice to Leave It or Delete It and the voter gets to write an explanation of their reasoning.

I'm not suggesting it for here, just indicating that such software exists.

Not sure if the software would support it, but it would be nice if one's deleted posts could be reviewed by the offending poster.

I know as a mod that deleted posts can be viewed, and as a poster, you get an alert for each deleted post with a link to the thread, but it would be nice to go back and review the deleted post to reflect upon it and then learn to do better. Obviously do not need to know which mod deleted the post, just would like to stay on the up and up.

Thank you, and waiting for the flames . . . . .
I agree with you. I've had posts deleted and I didn't have clue as to what they were talking about.

Forum List

Back