Delegates slam Perry on immigration

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
“In a time of fiscal austerity it seems a little tough to give away that kind of money,” Kevin McNevin, of Sarasota, said at a breakfast the Perry campaign threw for delegates Saturday morning. “He needs to improve his debating skills a little bit and he needs to straighten out the issue of how he deals with benefits of government monies to illegals…he needs to come up with a more satisfactory answer.”

Read more: Delegates slam Perry on immigration - James Hohmann - POLITICO.com

Titanic?

“In a time of fiscal austerity it seems a little tough to give away that kind of money,” Kevin McNevin, of Sarasota, said at a breakfast the Perry campaign threw for delegates Saturday morning. “He needs to improve his debating skills a little bit and he needs to straighten out the issue of how he deals with benefits of government monies to illegals…he needs to come up with a more satisfactory answer.”

Titanic?

Perry is toast. He has already repeatedly explained his stance on allowing in-state college tuition going to illegals. For him to change his stance now--would make him look worse.

But--Perry's biggest problem is every time he is on the National Stage--he's just not a good debater--and watching the news this morning--more and more Republicans are very concerned he would be no match for a very polished speaker in Barack Obama. In that--I agree 100%.

While 1 liners coming from Perry thrills a lot of people--he really has no plan to fix anything--social security--a jobs plan--etc. etc. etc.

With Perry on the skids--we're certain to see a second tier candidate assume his spot.

Titanic?

Perry is toast. He has already repeatedly explained his stance on allowing in-state college tuition going to illegals. For him to change his stance now--would make him look worse.

But--Perry's biggest problem is every time he is on the National Stage--he's just not a good debater--and watching the news this morning--more and more Republicans are very concerned he would be no match for a very polished speaker in Barack Obama. In that--I agree 100%.

While 1 liners coming from Perry thrills a lot of people--he really has no plan to fix anything--social security--a jobs plan--etc. etc. etc.

With Perry on the skids--we're certain to see a second tier candidate assume his spot.

So, will Perry now be labeled a "RINO" by the extreme right?

Titanic?

I agree that Perry is pretty bad at debating. When he's not sure what to say, he always always falls back on "Texas, Texas, Texas". You're running to be the President of 49 other states as well-not everything that works in Texas is going to work for the rest of the country. And if people want to live in Texas-they'll move there. Just a pet-peeve of mine haha.

I agree that Perry is pretty bad at debating. When he's not sure what to say, he always always falls back on "Texas, Texas, Texas". You're running to be the President of 49 other states as well-not everything that works in Texas is going to work for the rest of the country. And if people want to live in Texas-they'll move there. Just a pet-peeve of mine haha.

Kinda reminds me of Guiliani. "Noun, verb, 9/11".....

Forum List

Back