Delaware Prosecutor Stalled Hunter Biden Investigation to Keep It Out of 2020 Election

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
legalinsurrection ^ | 7/2021 | Mary Chastain

I wish my last name were Biden. I could do anything and get away with it.

Look at Hunter Biden.

We had news about a Biden investigation in October 2020 concerning his foreign interest emails with China and a 2019 FBI money laundering probe. Still, the Big Tech companies did all they could to suppress it.

Hardly anyone talked about it until Hunter Biden announced the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Delaware opened an investigation into his tax affairs.

Biden announced it on December 9, 2020, a month after his daddy won the election.

We had Big Tech suppressing the news before the election, but it looks like the U.S. Attorney’s Office had a hand in it, too.

Politico reported U.S. Attorney David Weiss stalled the Biden investigation to keep it out of the 2020 presidential election:

Last summer, federal officials in Delaware investigating Hunter Biden faced a dilemma. The probe had reached a point where prosecutors could have sought search warrants and issued a flurry of grand jury subpoenas.

Some officials involved in the case wanted to do just that. Others urged caution. They advised Delaware’s U.S. Attorney, David Weiss, to avoid taking any actions that could alert the public to the existence of the case in the middle of a presidential election.

“To his credit, he listened,” said a person involved in the discussions, reported here for the first time. Weiss decided to wait, averting the possibility that the investigation would become a months-long campaign issue.

Since taking office, President Joe Biden has left Weiss — a Republican appointed by Donald Trump on the recommendation of Delaware’s two Democratic senators — in place. That puts him in one of the most sensitive positions in the Justice Department, deciding how to proceed with an investigation of the president’s son that has proven politically fraught on several fronts.

The Politico report lavished praise on Weiss. Dan Lyons of the Delaware defense bar found “relief” when he heard Weiss took charge of Biden’s investigation:

“I remember thinking he’s a straight shooter, and he’s the perfect one to have it,” said Lyons, whose history with the U.S. attorney dates back to the 1980s, when he defended one of the first cases Weiss ever prosecuted. “He would just go where the evidence led him.”

More praise:

Early in his career, Weiss served as a special prosecutor during a federal crackdown on bribery and extortion among Delaware politicians of both parties. Later, he helped nab a former Delaware deputy attorney general who murdered his girlfriend. A decade ago, Weiss even investigated Biden’s presidential campaign fundraising, enlisting a beer distributor to wear a wire for the FBI and record conversations with Biden’s associates.

“He’s got an appreciation,” said a former prosecutor who has worked closely with Weiss, “that there are times when the Delaware Way can turn into something more nefarious.”

Despite the supposed tough-guy approach, Weiss chose not to issue subpoenas or search warrants. He did not want to draw attention to Hunter and influence the election.

I agree with Politico: “No matter what he did, the decision was sure to come under scrutiny for signs of politicization.”

An anonymous source said: “It was a close call. That case has way more credibility now.”

Maybe. Maybe the source is correct. Biden won in November. Has Weiss made any moves lately?

I’m changing my name to Mary Biden. I could have Big Tech, the MSM, and U.S. Attorney’s Offices on my side.

--------------------

Hmmmm......

DEA11-C3-E-5-E73-4-D66-A808-2-AEB4-A4-ADEA4

173-BA933-C77-A-46-B1-94-B7-51-DDB779-D312

5-BE8-E4-D5-571-F-4-B7-F-9-B10-808492-BCC252

legalinsurrection ^ | 7/2021 | Mary Chastain

I wish my last name were Biden. I could do anything and get away with it.

Look at Hunter Biden.

We had news about a Biden investigation in October 2020 concerning his foreign interest emails with China and a 2019 FBI money laundering probe. Still, the Big Tech companies did all they could to suppress it.

Hardly anyone talked about it until Hunter Biden announced the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Delaware opened an investigation into his tax affairs.

Biden announced it on December 9, 2020, a month after his daddy won the election.

We had Big Tech suppressing the news before the election, but it looks like the U.S. Attorney’s Office had a hand in it, too.

Politico reported U.S. Attorney David Weiss stalled the Biden investigation to keep it out of the 2020 presidential election:

Last summer, federal officials in Delaware investigating Hunter Biden faced a dilemma. The probe had reached a point where prosecutors could have sought search warrants and issued a flurry of grand jury subpoenas.

Some officials involved in the case wanted to do just that. Others urged caution. They advised Delaware’s U.S. Attorney, David Weiss, to avoid taking any actions that could alert the public to the existence of the case in the middle of a presidential election.

“To his credit, he listened,” said a person involved in the discussions, reported here for the first time. Weiss decided to wait, averting the possibility that the investigation would become a months-long campaign issue.

Since taking office, President Joe Biden has left Weiss — a Republican appointed by Donald Trump on the recommendation of Delaware’s two Democratic senators — in place. That puts him in one of the most sensitive positions in the Justice Department, deciding how to proceed with an investigation of the president’s son that has proven politically fraught on several fronts.

The Politico report lavished praise on Weiss. Dan Lyons of the Delaware defense bar found “relief” when he heard Weiss took charge of Biden’s investigation:

“I remember thinking he’s a straight shooter, and he’s the perfect one to have it,” said Lyons, whose history with the U.S. attorney dates back to the 1980s, when he defended one of the first cases Weiss ever prosecuted. “He would just go where the evidence led him.”

More praise:

Early in his career, Weiss served as a special prosecutor during a federal crackdown on bribery and extortion among Delaware politicians of both parties. Later, he helped nab a former Delaware deputy attorney general who murdered his girlfriend. A decade ago, Weiss even investigated Biden’s presidential campaign fundraising, enlisting a beer distributor to wear a wire for the FBI and record conversations with Biden’s associates.

“He’s got an appreciation,” said a former prosecutor who has worked closely with Weiss, “that there are times when the Delaware Way can turn into something more nefarious.”

Despite the supposed tough-guy approach, Weiss chose not to issue subpoenas or search warrants. He did not want to draw attention to Hunter and influence the election.

I agree with Politico: “No matter what he did, the decision was sure to come under scrutiny for signs of politicization.”

An anonymous source said: “It was a close call. That case has way more credibility now.”

Maybe. Maybe the source is correct. Biden won in November. Has Weiss made any moves lately?

I’m changing my name to Mary Biden. I could have Big Tech, the MSM, and U.S. Attorney’s Offices on my side.

--------------------

Hmmmm......

DEA11-C3-E-5-E73-4-D66-A808-2-AEB4-A4-ADEA4

173-BA933-C77-A-46-B1-94-B7-51-DDB779-D312

5-BE8-E4-D5-571-F-4-B7-F-9-B10-808492-BCC252
Who?

Forum List

Back