Delaware County Commissioners preemptively cancel themselves for being white!

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
9thIDdoc Hey man, thanks for this site. It's HILARIOUS!! :lmao:

The Delaware County Commissioners voted 2-1 yesterday evening to preemptively cancel themselves for being too white.​
Commissioner Barb Lewis, who submitted the resolution and voted in favor of the measure, acknowledged that she was almost too white to function in today’s society.​
“I’m so white that I can barely put my own shoes on,” Lewis said. “What right do I have to govern an entire county of people? None whatsoever. It’s only a matter of time until cancel culture comes for us, and for good reason, so I feel this resolution is the best thing for the people of Delaware County. Our constituents need to know that we know how white we are and that we hate it as much as they do.”​
Commissioner Jeff Benton, a former banker who is considered one of the whitest wyt people to ever be white in this great sea of whiteness, also voted in favor of the measure.​
“I’m not ashamed of being white, yet, but someday I will be, and I think it is good to get ahead of it,” Benton said. “Times are changing and we have to change with them. It used to be that my handsome white face would open doors — now they just crack open a little bit so the people on the other side can contemplate my intentions. I used to rape and pillage with impunity — now I have to ask permission and beg forgiveness afterward. I’m saddened that it has come to this, but with this vote, you can consider me canceled.”​
Third term commissioner Gary Merrell, a man respected on both sides of the aisle for his fairness and decency, voted against the resolution.​
“I acknowledge that I am white, but I do not believe that I am too white to effectively represent the people of Delaware County,” Merrell said. “I have a diverse family and pride myself as someone who has an open mind and considers people of all backgrounds, colors, and creeds as equals. I certainly govern that way. Voting yes on this resolution would send the wrong message and would contribute to the ‘cancel culture’ that I believe we should be working to eradicate, not embolden. We can address the inequalities that exist in our country without canceling voices that don’t fit a certain narrative. Anyone that wants to be part of the solution deserves a seat at the table. The only way we will continue to grow and heal as a nation is by taking steps together.”​
After taking a few moments to ponder Merrell’s words — looking at one another and trying to acknowledge the wisdom of what was said without appearing to take his side — the woke members of the audience promptly booed and threw tomatoes at his face.​

1631811547180.png

Loved the bio for the author:
Ricardo Paye is a Senior Correspondent with Delaware Ohio News. Born and raised in the Delaware County Fairgrounds, he's a reporter with a deep knowledge of the streets who isn't afraid to ask tough questions. His fondest childhood memory is getting a hand job from a public utility worker in the basement of Pilsner's 5 & Dime store. He holds a bachelor's degree in Euthanasia from Ohio Wesleyan University.

9thIDdoc Hey man, thanks for this site. It's HILARIOUS!! :lmao:

The Delaware County Commissioners voted 2-1 yesterday evening to preemptively cancel themselves for being too white.​
Commissioner Barb Lewis, who submitted the resolution and voted in favor of the measure, acknowledged that she was almost too white to function in today’s society.​
“I’m so white that I can barely put my own shoes on,” Lewis said. “What right do I have to govern an entire county of people? None whatsoever. It’s only a matter of time until cancel culture comes for us, and for good reason, so I feel this resolution is the best thing for the people of Delaware County. Our constituents need to know that we know how white we are and that we hate it as much as they do.”​
Commissioner Jeff Benton, a former banker who is considered one of the whitest wyt people to ever be white in this great sea of whiteness, also voted in favor of the measure.​
“I’m not ashamed of being white, yet, but someday I will be, and I think it is good to get ahead of it,” Benton said. “Times are changing and we have to change with them. It used to be that my handsome white face would open doors — now they just crack open a little bit so the people on the other side can contemplate my intentions. I used to rape and pillage with impunity — now I have to ask permission and beg forgiveness afterward. I’m saddened that it has come to this, but with this vote, you can consider me canceled.”​
Third term commissioner Gary Merrell, a man respected on both sides of the aisle for his fairness and decency, voted against the resolution.​
“I acknowledge that I am white, but I do not believe that I am too white to effectively represent the people of Delaware County,” Merrell said. “I have a diverse family and pride myself as someone who has an open mind and considers people of all backgrounds, colors, and creeds as equals. I certainly govern that way. Voting yes on this resolution would send the wrong message and would contribute to the ‘cancel culture’ that I believe we should be working to eradicate, not embolden. We can address the inequalities that exist in our country without canceling voices that don’t fit a certain narrative. Anyone that wants to be part of the solution deserves a seat at the table. The only way we will continue to grow and heal as a nation is by taking steps together.”​
After taking a few moments to ponder Merrell’s words — looking at one another and trying to acknowledge the wisdom of what was said without appearing to take his side — the woke members of the audience promptly booed and threw tomatoes at his face.​

View attachment 540084
Good ole deleware county. When I was of little league age that area was rural and agriculture. I can remember seeing them on my baseball schedule and giggling a bit expecting a double digit win. Some where along the line that changed. Now it is filled with Mcmansions . My uncle and I some times like to take his bi plane over the area to fly over alum reservoir and hoover resivior . Then we like to fly over the old Polaris amphitheater site and talk about our adventures in these areas. We also like to make fun of all of the uppity Mcmansions. Right before we head back to Don Scott airport we like to fly over the Mcmansions lower than we are really supposed to and try to hit all the one we lost in divorce over the years with water balloons Ah, good times that guy is the best uncle ever.

Good ole deleware county. When I was of little league age that area was rural and agriculture. I can remember seeing them on my baseball schedule and giggling a bit expecting a double digit win. Some where along the line that changed. Now it is filled with Mcmansions . My uncle and I some times like to take his bi plane over the area to fly over alum reservoir and hoover resivior . Then we like to fly over the old Polaris amphitheater site and talk about our adventures in these areas. We also like to make fun of all of the uppity Mcmansions. Right before we head back to Don Scott airport we like to fly over the Mcmansions lower than we are really supposed to and try to hit all the one we lost in divorce over the years with water balloons Ah, good times that guy is the best uncle ever.

When I first saw "Delaware, Ohio" I thought is was a joke and the story actually was. But it's a real little town of around 40,000. Looks nice, you grew up in a very cool area - Thanks for your memories!

web1_Downtown-aerial-shot.jpg

When I first saw "Delaware, Ohio" I thought is was a joke and the story actually was. But it's a real little town of around 40,000. Looks nice, you grew up in a very cool area - Thanks for your memories!

web1_Downtown-aerial-shot.jpg
Yep our farm was partially in southern Morrow county partially northern Deleware county. Dad farmed and taught at OSU for a good many years. Southern Deleware county pretty much got swallowed by the greater Columbus metro area. I am in southern Deleware county right now visiting my daughter and grandchildren. Lol, my daughter and son in law are not aware of it but about to go visit grandma on the other side right now. I got divorced in April and kinda hit it off with my son in laws mother. Lol nothing serious but I would imagine my daughter would have a cow. Lol

Forum List

Back