3) with poison or drugs
4) by throwing them out a window
5) with explosives
6) with a covert drone strike
7) by stabbing them
8) by hanging them
9) with one of my homemade slingshots or poison dart guns
10) other

Let me correct your ignorance/retardism. You had the right to bear arms in the UK. In 1870, licensing came into effect. You still can own a shotgun, it's up to the police to prove if you're unsuitable. You can own any other type of firearm, you have to prove you're suitable. One day you might get more than 2 brain cells to understand guns, but I doubt it.

Guess what brains? If you are of clean character, shoot guns in the UK, there's no issue. In America, you let any Tom Dick Harry have guns, that's why you're a crazy country with dreadful gun stats and gun nuts that are taf.
Understand guns ? I served in the military and come from a long line of people who served as well you moron and have owned firearms for over 40 years. I've fired everything from a .22 caliber revolver all the way up to and including heavy machine guns and grenade launchers. I've forgotten more about firearms than you loons will ever know.

I give zero fucks about what any other country in the world does. I live in the US and the Constitution that governs my country states my right to bears arms shall not be infringed.

Over 5,000 interviews is not a limited sample...you doofus...that is a huge sample compared to any other study....

You moron...

What is the ideal sample size in qualitative research?

We’ll answer it this time. Based on studies that have been done in academia on this very issue, 30 seems to be an ideal sample size for the most comprehensive view, but studies can have as little as 10 total participants and still yield extremely fruitful, and applicable, results. (This goes back to excellence in recruiting.)

Our general recommendation for in-depth interviews is a sample size of 30, if we’re building a study that includes similar segments within the population. A minimum size can be 10 – but again, this assumes the population integrity in recruiting.

For example, Green and Thorogood [38] maintain that the experience of most qualitative researchers conducting an interview-based study with a fairly specific research question is that little new information is generated after interviewing 20 people or so belonging to one analytically relevant participant ‘category’ (pp. 102–104). Ritchie et al. [39] suggest that studies employing individual interviews conduct no more than 50 interviews so that researchers are able to manage the complexity of the analytic task. Similarly, Britten [40] notes that large interview studies will often comprise of 50 to 60 people.

Remember....Kleck used 5,000 interviews....

Based on these estimates, assuming that the authors intended to test all of these associations, it would be necessary to choose the largest estimated sample size (2,630 subjects).

In case the required sample size is larger than the target population, the investigators may decide to perform a multicenter study, lengthen the period for data collection, modify the research question or face the possibility of not having sufficient power to draw valid conclusions.

So you'd believe a sample size of 30 people, extrapolated to represent 300 million? Wow are you gullible...oh wait, you voted for Trump, got it.

As for this 5000, was that his entire set of positive respondants or just the total number of people interviewed?

According to the Table on p.6, only 1.1% of violent crimes resulted in self-defense by guns.
According to the table on page 6, firearms are used in self-defense more than 100,000 times per year.
That's 10x more often than murder and 4x more often than suicide.
Thus, a "good guy with a gun" is --far-- more common than a murder with a gun or a suicide with a gun.
In real life.

1664108359918.png

Last edited:
So you'd believe a sample size of 30 people, extrapolated to represent 300 million? Wow are you gullible...oh wait, you voted for Trump, got it.

As for this 5000, was that his entire set of positive respondants or just the total number of people interviewed?

I showed you what actual researchers say about sample size and then show you that Kleck, and the Department of Justice, used 5,000 as their sample size……you are the one who claimed 5,000 was a tiny sample size…….you don’t know what you are talking about.

Yes. In real life. The Violence Policy Center says so.

And, of course, they use David Hemenway as their source…….,he is the guy who uses the National Crime Victim Survey to get his number for defensive gun use. Why does he use that study as opposed to the other 18 studies that I always cite?

The National Crime Victimization Survey is the one study that is not a gun self defense study……..it is a crime victim survey.

Why does he use it? Because the NCVS doesn’t ask one question about using a gun for self defense……..it doesn’t even have the word “gun” anywhere in the survey……

Even then, without ever asking one question about guns, the survey finds defensive gun use at over 177,000 times a year…..

Sooo….the problem with Hemenway is he claims this is the most accurate survey on gun self defense……that would be the same as this….

You ask people about cars…..you ask them how they use cars…..they mention they sometimes use cars to go to the grocery store to buy orange juice……you then claim, from this car survey that orange juice is the most popular drink in the country…..

That is how stupid Hemenway gun self defense research is….and why the anti-gun fanatics always quote him and the Violence Policy Center….

Let me correct your ignorance/retardism. You had the right to bear arms in the UK. In 1870, licensing came into effect. You still can own a shotgun, it's up to the police to prove if you're unsuitable. You can own any other type of firearm, you have to prove you're suitable. One day you might get more than 2 brain cells to understand guns, but I doubt it.

Guess what brains? If you are of clean character, shoot guns in the UK, there's no issue. In America, you let any Tom Dick Harry have guns, that's why you're a crazy country with dreadful gun stats and gun nuts that are taf.
You never had a right to own firearms what you had was a privilege granted by your king and the government. rights cannot be revoked by anyone as they belong to the person.

Tell that to the people saved by a civilian with a gun in that mall shooting.

Or at the party in West Virginia……

in both the Indiana mall shooting and in West Virginia a civilian man and woman stopped mass public shooters with their concealed carry pistol in seconds………even though the shooter was armed with a rifle……

According to the Table on p.6, only 1.1% of violent crimes resulted in self-defense by guns.

The Violence Policy Center uses David Hemenway……the guy who uses the National Crime Victimization Survey for his data…..it is the only study that is not an actual gun self defense study….the only study that doesn’t exclusively look at gun self defense…..in fact, it doesn’t ask one question about guns or gun self defense and yet he claims it is the only accurate survey on gun self defense….which is why he is a hack…….

There are at least 18 actual gun self defense studies and he ignores all of them……because they all show large numbers of gun self defense….

Yes… you had the Right to have guns and you had low gun crime rates…..you banned and confiscated guns and now your criminals are using now guns……..what you did has done nothing.

We have gun crime in the U.S. because our left wing political party, the democrats, are attacking and wrecking our local police and doing very thing they can to keep releasing the most violent criminals in the country….

We have over 600 million guns and over 21.5 million Americans can carry guns in public for self defense……normal gun owners are not the ones shooting people…..the people shooting each other are the criminals released from jail and prison by the democrats. They are the ones in democrat party controlled cities shooting and killing each other……

You doofus
Fucking retard

Understand guns ? I served in the military and come from a long line of people who served as well you moron and have owned firearms for over 40 years. I've fired everything from a .22 caliber revolver all the way up to and including heavy machine guns and grenade launchers. I've forgotten more about firearms than you loons will ever know.

I give zero fucks about what any other country in the world does. I live in the US and the Constitution that governs my country states my right to bears arms shall not be infringed.
That's just the point. You can just dribble out Constitution, Rights, 2nd Amendment. Theres nothing between your lugs to grasp the whole concept of the gun argument, you've just confirmed it.

Forum List

Back