Defensive use of guns.

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
Between 1999 and 2016, in USA there have been
213,000 gun homicides
336,500 gun suicides

Here.

In USA there are about 201 to 265 justifiable gun homicides per year. Here.

Sadly, many people base their support for guns on Popular Culture rather then reality. For example, most Gen X and Y people have seen thousands of acts of justifiable homicide in action movies. These people may identify more with film heroes then with real people.

213,000 gun homicides
336,500 gun suicides

Here.

Sadly, many people base their support for guns on Popular Culture rather then reality. For example, most Gen X and Y people have seen thousands of acts of justifiable homicide in action movies. These people may identify more with film heroes then with real people.
My support comes from the Constitution, you know that pesky little document that tells the Government what they can and can not do, like not infringing on my right to bear arms. Those statistics leave out how many people stop themselves from being a victim by having a firearm and not pulling the trigger.

213,000 gun homicides
336,500 gun suicides

Here.

When analyzing the most reliable data available, what is most striking is that in a nation of more than 300 million guns, how rarely firearms are used in self-defense.

My support comes from the Constitution, you know that pesky little document that tells the Government what they can and can not do, like not infringing on my right to bear arms. Those statistics leave out how many people stop themselves from being a victim by having a firearm and not pulling the trigger.

Are you setting up a military's op. NO.

When analyzing the most reliable data available, what is most striking is that in a nation of more than 300 million guns, how rarely firearms are used in self-defense.
Down here in Floor E Da every day is a day that a firearm is used in self-defense, as we have stand your ground laws, so everyone treats everyone else with RESPECT. Unlike Marxist run blue states and cities that have the highest amounts of gun violence because of the gun free zones established there.

gunfree.jpg

We have no idea how many times firearms are used for legitimate self defense.

I remember one time a co-worker arrived at work on the graveyard shift and looked upset.

I asked him what had happened.

He said, “I was driving to work when for some reason I pissed off another driver. He closely followed me flashing his lights. We came to an intersection with a red light and I was stopped behind another driver with a car on my left side and a deep ditch on my right.

“I noticed the road raged person had left his car. He walked up to mine with a tire iron in his hand. I reached inside my glove box and removed my 9mm pistol and held it in my hand on the steering wheel. I didn’t point it at the individual. He saw the pistol and returned to his vehicle and I continued to work.”

”If I could have I would have just drove away when he approached my vehicle but I was stuck in traffic.“

One night when I was at work some fool attempt to force the sliding glass door of our home open. A burglar alarm was sounding but that didn’t deter him. My 18 year old daughter walked into the kitchen and confronted him. She pointed a large caliber revolver at him and he wisely fled. She then called the police and they arrived quickly but never caught the guy.

When the police arrived at the door my daughter told them she had a gun in her hand but couldn’t release it. The officers told her to point the gun at the floor and open the door. Then one officer had her sit on the couch and he carefull pried her fingers off the gun. Adrenaline can cause unusual effects on the body.

I asked her why she didn’t shoot the guy. She said, “Dad you told me not to shoot anyone unless they were in the house. He was only half way in.“

Neither of those instances of the use of firearms for self defense were ever tallied in any statistics about self defense. The ones that are are usually only those where someone is shot.

213,000 gun homicides
336,500 gun suicides

Here.

Yes......you have to go from 1999 to 2016 to make the number scary looking.......

The vast majority of gun homicides are not innocent people being murdered...they are criminals murdered by other criminals.

Then, of course, you completely ignore the truth, fact and reality, that the majority of gun self defense never requires the gun to be fired.....that is why the gun self defense killing number is so low.....the majority of criminals don't want to get shot, so as soon as their victim shows a gun, or points a gun at them they run away....rather than get shot, then they simply find an unarmed victim to attack.

The Centers for Disease Control Research puts the number of defensive gun uses at 1.2 million times a year.....

The Department of Justice research puts the number of defensive gun uses at 1.5 million times a year......

And, gun suicides do not count, since you have to explain how it is that South Korea, Japan and China have higher suicide rates than we do, with their extreme gun control laws......

Then, you would have to explain how it is that you don't care that the countries of Europe, after taking guns away from people in the 1920s.....went on to murder 15 million innocent men, women and children.....innocent, not criminals.....in just 6 years....1939-1945.....

Those 15 million murders by their governments is more than the gun murder of criminals in the U.S. in our entire 246 years........

Explain that.....

The VPC is a partisan hack organization. The data for the 2 million defensive gun use comes from the CDC.

"Assault weapons' menacing looks, coupled with the public's confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi automatic assault weapons anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons". -
Josh Sugarmann Executive Director of The Violence Policy Center

The VPC is a partisan hack organization. The data for the 2 million defensive gun use comes from the CDC.

"Assault weapons' menacing looks, coupled with the public's confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi automatic assault weapons anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons". -
Josh Sugarmann Executive Director of The Violence Policy Center
There should not be any military weapons allowed among citizens.

There should not be any military weapons allowed among citizens.
You don't even know what a fucking military weapon is. I served in the military and I can not buy the weapons I fired at my local gun store. My Maternal Grandfather, Father and two uncles served in Vietnam. A cousin who did tours in Afghanistan and Iraq, and two of my children are serving now. None of my family has ever been issued an AR-15. No country in the world fields an AR-15.

I draw from a vast history of experience on the subject of firearms, people like yourself listen to your handlers who either know they are lying or just as ignorant as you are. .

Forum List

Back