Deep Purple gets snubbed by Rock And Roll Hall of Fame, despite more fan votes

Smilodonfatalis

May 5, 2013
This year's inductees are Kiss, Nirvana, Hall and Oates, Gabriel, Linda Rondstadt, and Cat Stevens.

Deep Purple got more fan votes than all of these acts aside from Kiss and Nirvana. They got more than double the votes of Cat Stevens.

Unfortunately, of the 700 votes made by members of the Hall of Fame, fan votes only equal 1 vote.

That's right. Hundreds of thousands of Fan votes equal just 1 vote.

Deep Purple should have been one of the founding acts in the Hall of Fame. I can't believe they aren't in it already.

When will Judas Priest even be nominated?

Fuck the Hall of Fame

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub73Wkbyzzw]DEEP PURPLE - Strange Kind of Woman LIVE 1972 DENMARK - YouTube[/ame]

This year's inductees are Kiss, Nirvana, Hall and Oates, Gabriel, Linda Rondstadt, and Cat Stevens.

Deep Purple got more fan votes than all of these acts aside from Kiss and Nirvana. They got more than double the votes of Cat Stevens.

Unfortunately, of the 700 votes made by members of the Hall of Fame, fan votes only equal 1 vote.

Deep Purple should have been one of the founding acts in the Hall of Fame. I can't believe they aren't in it already.

I went to the Piece of Shit "Hall of Fame" and asked "where's the Frank Zappa wing" and they said, "Who's Frank Zappa?"

Blackmore did a complete transformation as a guitar player between Mark I and II. He not only changed from the Gibson to the Stratocaster but his entire approach to soloing changed based upon the new guys in the band. It's something Zappa also did and never got credit for either

In the early 90s I owned an after hours club in New York City. A lot of musicians hung out there. One night I was introduced to one of the Ians from Deep Purple. I was telling him that they HAD been a good band. My friend whispered to me that they were still together.

Yes also got shit upon.

Steve Howe alone has more talent than half the current inductees combined.

I agree with that. The RARHOF is a joke.

This is one of my fav's of his.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOjH1AQO8a8]Steve Howe -Mood For A Day - YouTube[/ame]

PS- Howe is self taught and does not read music.

Yes also got shit upon.

Steve Howe alone has more talent than half the current inductees combined.

I agree with that. The RARHOF is a joke.

This is one of my fav's of his.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOjH1AQO8a8]Steve Howe -Mood For A Day - YouTube[/ame]

PS- Howe is self taught and does not read music.

Hey- I figured out a way for Yes to be a shoe-in next time...

howe.png

I went to the Piece of Shit "Hall of Fame" and asked "where's the Frank Zappa wing" and they said, "Who's Frank Zappa?"

i bet they knew who Grand Master Flash was....

I agree with what everyone here has stated - Deep Purple, Yes, and in my opinion, the Moody Blues, all should be in there. Several bands who Purple influenced are already in, which just defies any logic at all.

I like rock, the harder the better generally. But over time, my view towards the Hall of Shame has lessened just 1/10 of an ounce. Why? Because "Rock and Roll" has been around longer than I have been alive (I am 48). Rock and Roll itself has evolved through many decades, and spawned so many offshoots of Rock and Roll, it is almost crazy to keep track of them all. So to truly be the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, they should span many genres of Rock and Roll other than what is popular to anyone today. To take Purple into account - who were their influences? Purple influenced countless bands, those who made it and those who did not, and those who played "pure hard rock" and those who did not. So to say Purple deserve it on any basis of influence, you'd have to give a nod to those who influenced them too. And yeah, some of those bands are already in the Hall of Shame, thankfully.

Hey, if it was up to me, Rap and Disco would not be in the Hall of Shame. It would only be "true rock and roll". I think the reasoning behind why bands are allowed to be in the Hall is sound, but the approach for qualifications "they" use reminds me of what Jesus in the Bible stated - "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do".

The hall of fame is bullshit. The Moody Blues, Yes, Kansas all desevre to be there.But No Jann Wenner is an asshole!

Cat stevens is a muslim, they had to let him in or risk a jihad on the RRHF ceremony.

Yes the Rock and Roll Hall a Fame is a sham. In their minds Disco and Rap are considered Rock, just shows how out of touch they are.
In a related note, Zappa has been around for a long time
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MewcnFl_6Y]Frank Zappa on The Steve Allen Show March 4, 1963.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

My 2 cents too...yeah I would never grace their doors.
To think great bands like Deep Purple, Moody Blues, Jimmy Buffet, Joe Cocker etc. etc. is not included just makes the whole thing a joke.

Forum List

Back