Decrying partisanship, Panetta says U.S. military 'cannot tolerate' sweeping cuts

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Speaking with CNN's Erin Burnett in an interview that aired Monday on the first edition of her program "OutFront," Panetta said that he was prepared to slash about $450 billion from the defense budget over the next decade, as currently mandated. But he described as potentially dangerous any deeper cuts, like the $1.2 trillion that would be unavoidable if a bipartisan panel does not reach a debt-reduction accord in the coming weeks that is then passed by Congress and signed by President Barack Obama.

Didn't the GOP add the "Debt Commission" as part of the debt ceiling negotiations?

Decrying partisanship, Panetta says U.S. military 'cannot tolerate' sweeping cuts - CNN.com

Speaking with CNN's Erin Burnett in an interview that aired Monday on the first edition of her program "OutFront," Panetta said that he was prepared to slash about $450 billion from the defense budget over the next decade, as currently mandated. But he described as potentially dangerous any deeper cuts, like the $1.2 trillion that would be unavoidable if a bipartisan panel does not reach a debt-reduction accord in the coming weeks that is then passed by Congress and signed by President Barack Obama.

Didn't the GOP add the "Debt Commission" as part of the debt ceiling negotiations?

Decrying partisanship, Panetta says U.S. military 'cannot tolerate' sweeping cuts - CNN.com

Right, if I weren't a partisan Republican then I'd hold hands with Moron, I mean Leon, and jump off a cliff with him. It's only my love of a political party that makes me want to cut spending.

At least he's showing he really is a moron, he didn't just play one in Democratic Political Regimes.

Didnt morons like you scream that if we cut defense spending and raised taxes on millionaires and billionaires we could balance the budget? Yeah, I think so.
Note my sig line. Care to retract?

Forum List

Back