Decided to try Sonic Drive In today for the first time - Mistake

The chickfilet here sucks. The one time.ive eaten there it was undercooked.
Sonic is just generic fast food. It's all kinda bland and tasteless.
And hotdogs are indeed just hotdogs.

You....have never had a beer cooked hot dog from Lums with the works

PS...Try Chik-Fil-A......not "Chickfilet"........there is no substitute for the real thing. :hellno:
Yeah, that's how they spell it on the sign.

I'd always assumed that was pronounced "chick fill uh".
Course, that begs the question, "chick fill a what"?

BasicHumanUnit said:
First Visit.....last visit.....maybe just the particular location?
No
Sonic Is The Ol' Car-Hop Kitsch
It's Speed And Convenience, That's All
Like It Or Don't

I Only Get A Whopper Once A Year
That's My Annual Fast Food

USMB is such a bizarro hangout. You got one gaggle of wags who insist on typing proper names with no uppercase initial letters, then you got this guy ^^ where every post is a book title.

I like Sonic's tater-tots. ... :thup:
They used to have slammin’ onion rings. Haven’t eaten at one in over a decade, so I can’t really comment about current quality, other than to say this... With fast food franchises a lot of variables can effect the outcome. Location, and staffing make a big difference.

They used to have slammin’ onion rings. Haven’t eaten at one in over a decade, so I can’t really comment about current quality, other than to say this... With fast food franchises a lot of variables can effect the outcome. Location, and staffing make a big difference.

True.
I've even seen this with Chik-Fil-A franchises which are normally pretty consistent.

But that was my first 'Sonic" experience. You know what they say about first impressions.

True.
I've even seen this with Chik-Fil-A franchises which are normally pretty consistent.

But that was my first 'Sonic" experience. You know what they say about first impressions.
Yeah, first impressions matter for sure. But... If you go to your absolute favorite restaurant enough times; sooner, or later you’re bound to get a shitty meal...

Pogo said:
USMB is such a bizarro hangout. You got one gaggle of wags who insist on typing proper names with no uppercase initial letters, then you got this guy ^^ where every post is a book title.
^ ^ ^ Or This Poster ^ ^ ^
Who's Impertinent Posts Are Only Relevant To Himself

Humpimg My Leg.png

Last edited:
Ordered a chicken sandwich combo and a beef frank with relish, onions, mustard and ketchup.

1). Delivery to the car was reasonably fast

2). Chicken sandwich was bland, lacking flavor and not satisfying.

3). Hot dog was ....a hot dog. Also somewhat bland and just food

4). About 20 minutes later I got some really bad stomach cramps

Was that your experience? They usually look a bit quiet around here. One has a Chik-Fil-A right next to it and the Chick-Fil-A is ALWAYS wall to wall. if they don't fix their food and make it so that you remember it as good, they'll soon be gone.

Sonic has 44 ounces of unsweetened ice tea which are awesome. I'm not a huge fan of Sonic but they may be the only thing open by the time I get off work in whatever podunk part of the state I happen to be in.

I am not a fan of Chick-fil-A.

Sonic is still fast food, and at least 98% of any fast food is primarily garbage.
I rarely get one now, but I use to get migraines and high fat foods are VERY good for migraines.
Five Guys is what I would get. Much better than Sonic.
I trusted Five guys way more because their kitchen is right in front of you.

Ordered a chicken sandwich combo and a beef frank with relish, onions, mustard and ketchup.

Was that your experience? They usually look a bit quiet around here. One has a Chik-Fil-A right next to it and the Chick-Fil-A is ALWAYS wall to wall. if they don't fix their food and make it so that you remember it as good, they'll soon be gone.
Ewww, I tried that place too. Burger was bland, semi cold, dry and rubbery. Shake was gross and tasted weird. Delivery was fast..which is why they got the already made burger that someone else didn't want, to me.
I will never go again.

Sonic used to be pretty good, when I lived in Texas back in the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's. But they suck now. Last one I went to was in Madison, WI, three years ago. They had a "No Weapons on Premises" posted on the door, so I never went back.

They also went out of business, so fuckem.
With all the brat houses in Madison you went to Sonic?

The chickfilet here sucks. The one time.ive eaten there it was undercooked.
Sonic is just generic fast food. It's all kinda bland and tasteless.
And hotdogs are indeed just hotdogs.

You....have never had a beer cooked hot dog from Lums with the works

PS...Try Chik-Fil-A......not "Chickfilet"........there is no substitute for the real thing. :hellno:
Lums! OMG. Are they still around? That's such a blast from the past I can't even remember where I knew it from. Great hotdogs, though. I remember that.

A & W was the best drive-in takeout anywhere, but they're out of business, aren't they?
Wendy's is next best. Chili. Stuffed baked potatoes. Salad that doesn't have that weird funky smell that McDonalds' salad does. And there's nothing wrong with their burgers, either.

The one's I've been to have been better than an average fast food joint.

I like the Chicago Dog and NY Dog OK. Cheeseburgers are pretty good. I can't stand the limeade that they're apparently famous for. The fried pickles aren't bad.

Forum List

Back