Decent Yard Sale Welder Score This Morning

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Jobsmart Flux-Core Welder, it was a bit dusty so I cleaned it up and it works fine.....Good for light stuff.

$20.00

w 001 (2).JPG

Welders tend to get a bit dusty. Isn't like people use them every day to cook hotdogs.

Welders tend to get a bit dusty. Isn't like people use them every day to cook hotdogs.
Yeah it just sat out in the guys garage when he upgraded to a 220 welder.

He's also got a CJ2A Willys I might end-up with. The only problem is that he put a Kabota diesel engine in it and I hate the smell of diesel.

He's also got a CJ2A Willys I might end-up with. The only problem is that he put a Kabota diesel engine in it and I hate the smell of diesel.
I don't mind the smell of diesel, I hate the smell of greenbacks flying out of my wallet when I use the pumps. Nice score on the welder. Can't go wrong at that price.

Odd he would use a Kabota engine but nice to have one that actually runs. I know a few people who have Willys sitting in outbuildings with no engines. They are those "Some day" pipe dreams of people that seem to never happen.

Odd he would use a Kabota engine but nice to have one that actually runs. I know a few people who have Willys sitting in outbuildings with no engines. They are those "Some day" pipe dreams of people that seem to never happen.
A good friend had one of those, a 38 Ford PU. Bought it in '75 and drove it for a couple of months. Built a motor for it and there is sat until he died in 2019. LOL, good intentions.

I would have already took it home if it still had the old Hurricane engine in it but I'm not dropping 4K into a rebuilt one.

Forum List

Back