December Inflation Report shows continued Improvement.

Rising U.S. consumer prices moderated again last month, bolstering hopes that inflation's grip on the economy will continue to ease this year and possibly require less drastic action by the Federal Reserve to control it. Inflation declined to 6.5% in December compared with a year earlier.
It was the sixth straight year-over-year slowdown. On a monthly basis, prices actually slipped 0.1% from November to December, the first such drop since May 2020.
The softer readings add to growing signs that the worst inflation bout in four decades is steadily waning. Gas prices, which have tumbled, are likely to keep lowering overall inflation in the coming months.

Favorable report on inflation. Economy is significantly improving.

View attachment 746949

Inflation Slowed to 6.5% in December

U.S. inflation slowed to 6.5% in December, marking the sixth straight monthly deceleration since a mid-2022 peak.

Core CPI, which excludes volatile energy and food prices, climbed 6% in No-vember from a year before, easing from a 6.3% gain in October. Many economists see increases in core CPI as a better signal of future inflation than theoverall CPI. Core prices increased at a 4.3% annualized ratein the three months ended in November, the slowest pace in more than a year.
The report further stated that wolverines make good house pets

Rising U.S. consumer prices moderated again last month, bolstering hopes that inflation's grip on the economy will continue to ease this year and possibly require less drastic action by the Federal Reserve to control it. Inflation declined to 6.5% in December compared with a year earlier.
It was the sixth straight year-over-year slowdown. On a monthly basis, prices actually slipped 0.1% from November to December, the first such drop since May 2020.
The softer readings add to growing signs that the worst inflation bout in four decades is steadily waning. Gas prices, which have tumbled, are likely to keep lowering overall inflation in the coming months.
90% of the new December jobs were seasonal

Attachments

• 1673886461865.jpeg
    1673886461865.jpeg
    12.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
If you aren’t doing well on Biden’s economic wave you need to look in the mirror.
Subjective assessments necessarily vary widely. and irrational projection does happen.

Objectively, comparative empirical data is unassailable. E.g.,

U.S. Unemployment Rate, December, 2016: 4.7%
U.S. Unemployment Rate, December, 2020: 6.7%
U.S. Unemployment Rate, December, 2022 : 3.5%

^^^
Still doing a stellar job of showing how liberals are pompous asses who only pay lip service to those not as fortunate as them.
Congratulations.
Liberals have policies that support those at the bottom. My comment is a reasonable response to people like you who make emotional claims about the economy. They don’t use facts. Eye for an eye. If you had a data point to discuss, I would. You didn’t.

Subjective assessments necessarily vary widely. and irrational projection does happen.

Objectively, comparative empirical data is unassailable. E.g.,

U.S. Unemployment Rate, December, 2016: 4.7%
U.S. Unemployment Rate, December, 2020: 6.7%
U.S. Unemployment Rate, December, 2022 : 3.5%
Agree. I was responding to an emotional poster who had no data or point to make.

Agree. I was responding to an emotional poster who had no data or point to make.
I was concurring. There are irrational ideologue who apparently believe the passion of their ideological dogma can vanquish empirical data.

Forum List

Back