December 18, 2020

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
Make a notation if your SciFi fan.

That is the release date of the newest version of Frank Herbert's, "Dune".

I'm looking forward to it.

Do we have any fans of the writer/series?

Here is an article on what is hoped this will accomplish.

I personally hope that it does rise the cultural level of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy as envisioned by Jackson.

I'm looking forward to something other than a bland Star Wars death star sequence.

I thought the original book and the original DUNE movie were both fabulous. Unfortunately, the story is so intricate and detailed that it is almost impossible for someone not familiar with the book to understand the film. My wife was totally lost.

For better or worse, I never had any interest in reading the series of Dune books that followed. Will this film tell the same story as the first one, or something else?

I went to the movie theater and saw "Dune" in the mid 1980's. I'm not into science fiction and had never read the book.
When you purchased your ticket, they handed out a detailed sheet of paper with all kinds of odd names and weird terms on it. it was kinda like a score card to help you figure out who the people were and places they went in the movie. But the paper was too difficult to read in the dark while the movie was playing.
The movie was soo long there was about a 10 minute intermission in the middle of it.
Walking out of the movie theater I had no idea what I'd just seen or what it was about? ... :dunno:

Last edited:
I thought the original book and the original DUNE movie were both fabulous. Unfortunately, the story is so intricate and detailed that it is almost impossible for someone not familiar with the book to understand the film. My wife was totally lost.

For better or worse, I never had any interest in reading the series of Dune books that followed. Will this film tell the same story as the first one, or something else?
I'm assuming they're going with the original story starting with Paul.
I've read the first three + God Emperor. I started reading Chapter House, but was distracted by life and never got back to it.

As I understand it, most of the subsequent books all center around Duncan Idaho and not around the Atreides family.

I went to the movie theater and saw "Dune" in the mid 1980's. I'm not into science fiction and had never read the book.
When you purchased your ticket, they handed out a detailed sheet of paper with all kinds of odd names and weird terms on it. it was kinda like a score card to help you figure out who the people were and places they went in the movie. But the paper was too difficult to read in the dark while the movie was playing.
The movie was soo long there was about a 10 minute intermission in the middle of it.
Walking out of the movie theater I had no idea what I'd just seen or what it was about? ... :dunno:
Do yourself a favor, and read the book(s).

Little Timmy appears to be the biggest actor in the world now ??’
I only saw him in BB and he played a druggie and was good with that other good actor

He is a multimillionaire but only weights 90 pounds
Can’t he hire a chef and trainer for gods sake

Make a notation if your SciFi fan.

That is the release date of the newest version of Frank Herbert's, "Dune".

I'm looking forward to it.

Do we have any fans of the writer/series?

Here is an article on what is hoped this will accomplish.

I personally hope that it does rise the cultural level of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy as envisioned by Jackson.

I'm looking forward to something other than a bland Star Wars death star sequence.

Better hope Bden and the Democrats don't get elected because of the theaters will be locked down solid by then because of the scary COVID-19 bug.

Forum List

Back