Zone1 Debunking A False Narrative - Blacks only care about murder when the killer is white or when a white cop kills blacks

This happened last year.

As DC Violence Skyrockets, Black Community Leaders Rally Neighbors To Protect Each Other​

View attachment 670686

After 6-year-old Nyiah Courtney was viscously shot in Washington, D.C., two weeks ago, black men are calling on community members to take responsibility.
JULY 27, 2021

This happens all the time and in this one instance a right wing publication covers it. The claim that blacks don't care when blacks kill other blacks is a lie. Furthermore it is an example of race baiting by whites primarily on the right. the clain of black propensity for violence is a lie and that too is evidence of race baiting.

Are Blacks Naturally Violent?

Recent statistics regarding Black crime as well as intra-racial crimes have been surfacing throughout the media and here, I indulge in such studies plus a series of others.

"African-Americans account for around 52% of all murder arrest in this country while also being arrested for murder at a rate that is 6.7 times greater than their white counterparts. In addition to that, around 90% of all black homicides are intra-racial.

These facts are undoubtedly staggering, and for some difficult to internalize; nevertheless, when it comes to perpetrators of violence, they are often associated with poverty. Contrary to what is generally portrayed by the media, poverty is a prominent affliction across all races - not just minority ones, so when fear is dispelled through the rampant coverage of black on black crime or the mainstreaming of black violence statistics, it skews reality. It creates the inadequate depiction of blacks having a natural propensity for crime, inadvertently insisting that violence is an idiosyncratic trait intrinsically existent amongst all African-Americans. When the candid reality is that blacks are simply far more likely to be a victim to poverty than any other race."

This fact continues to be ignored here and poverty is pawned off by the racist members in this forum as just bad choices. And to say it's systemic gets a load of factless opinions in disagreement from people who are part of the group that the system has granted preference.

Arrest Rates

"A recent lawsuit against the City of New York and several individual NYPD officials by Officer Michael Birch discredits all claims that there is no racial bias when it comes to policing, as he recently recorded himself being reprimanded by his commanding officer for not directly targeting blacks and Hispanics and for not fulfilling illegal policing quotas.

Targeted policing practices have proven to be detrimental at best, as such practices results in over-policing in particular areas – namely, impoverished communities. A subsequent consequence of this is a disproportionate number of those living in ghettos being arrested for a variety of different crimes.

... In a balanced and fair society, incarceration rates would be similar to the rate of the population"

Members here on the right who are white continually deny the overwhelming evidence of racial bias and participation ofc white supremacists in law enforcement. After doing this, we get silly comments about black incarceration numbers as if racial bias has nothing to do with it.

In a study done by the Bureau of Justice Statistic, they found that "the overall pattern of poor persons having the highest rates of violent victimization was consistent for both blacks and whites." In other words, a poor person is more likely to be a victim of violence than someone who is not, regardless of race. This is exhibited with poor urban blacks having a violence rate of 51.3 per 1000 black persons and poor urban whites of 56.4 per 1000 white persons.

Further, victimization rates for people living in poor, rural areas (38.8 per 1000) was similar to poor persons living in poor, urban areas (43.4 per 1000).

The study continues, "Persons in poor households at or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (39.8 per 1000) had more than double the rate of victimization as persons in high income households.

So what we see is that poverty is the problem, not race. And when blacks have remained underemployed and underpaid compared to whites, THAT THE SYSTEM perpetuates black poverty and the frustration that goes with it. W.E.B Dubois and Kelly Miller told whites almost 130 years ago that violence is not an inherent black trait, but that what violence occurred was due to circumstances and conditions. The same thing applies today. And that is because white racism has continued and as long as this is the case, there will be systemic issues that come from it.

As aforementioned, around 90% of all murders committed by blacks are against blacks alongside 83% of murders committed by whites being against whites. With this information, we can assume that the persons counted into the victimization rates counted above have perpetrators who are generally the same race as them - silencing the fear of interracial violence as most violence is done intra-racially.

You started strong and went downhill from there.

It's great to see successful black men starting to hold black community leaders accountable. That you shared it show's just a glimmer of hope for you but then you fall back to "whitey".

Targeted policing is the only policing that has hope. It doesn't make any sense to put as many police in the neighborhoods of million dollar homes as it does in South Chicago. The crimes aren't happening in the million dollar neighborhoods - and I know you're going to post an example of a crime in a million dollar neighborhood. Who cares.

To help the most victims of crime, the victims of the most violent crimes, you put the police where the crimes are.

Then you start on poverty. Poverty is almost always the result of poor choices. Even if black people have to fight against racism, teaching your young children to run around in public in their underwear and to kick and hit the cops is a poor choice. Notice that doesn't happen in rich neighborhoods. That mother made poor choices and her children will be poor and/or in prison their entire adult lives.

Other mothers, even those in ghettos and slums, are reading books to and with their children, teaching them that they're stronger than the racism, more powerful, and that they can defeat it. Those are good choices.

Not perfectly so but virtually always so, good choices yield good results and poor choices yield poor results.

And as usual you are wrong. I have led marches against such violence. You should not assume things based on dumb right wing beliefs.
Why and where did you lead marches? If it's all whitey's fault, I assume you marched in white neighborhoods about black violence, right?

Or are you starting to admit that, whitey or not, black people own and choose their own futures?

I'm black. So I do think I know more about being black than you. And I don't give a damn about where your white --- says you were raised. Almost every racist here claims they lived with blacks so they know everything about being black.

I've mentored, I still mentor, and I've been bout it my entire life. In time you're going to see just how bout it I am. Cease the lecture white man. I blame whitey for what whitey has done. I call whites who practice racism racists. I demand that the government fix the mess government made. Don't come to me with your cognitive dissonance-addled babbling. Whites have what they do because of the government.
You don’t know jack shit about being white. But here you are, blabbering as if you know it all.

Forum List

Back